Sign in to follow this  
Yaabka-Yaabkiis

Living in europe Vs Living in Africa or Asia

If he managed to save that much, why not then invest in Nairobi etc as others already said it?

Suppose that he secures a job in these times, what people ignore back in africa is that little will remain of what you earn (on the paper); even if he miraculously lands a job paying around £400/week (which is very hard with neither local experience, references etc), only around 250 will remain after NI contributions, Income and Council taxes.

Now, renting is expensive too (around £ 150-200/week for an average studio) and likewise for transports, bills etc (most have Studies related and other debts).

Even at the top, having $20 000 in savings at 27 is an accomplishment in itself; for ex, my relative who is consultant and in work for around 4 years had to borrow for buying a modest plot back home.

It seems we have forgotten that Allah provides while not migrating to non-Muslims is part and parcel of faith (any material surplus has pitfalls too, hence the importance of contentment).

The bottom line, putting your trust in Allah and earning your living honestly reward in the long term in proportion of one's purity, much more than any passport (more blessings, better health, children etc).

PS: there are thriving businesses which started with less than that; $20 000 could get you a long way in Hargeysa or Bossaso...

-Lily-   

I would advise your friend to stay in Africa, try to obtain legal documents for his resident status & give it his best shot. He could invest his $20k in education too. Otherwise if he really wants venture out try Far East Asia (under no circumstance would I say Arab countries).

Cawaale   

.saaxiibkaa hadduu ku qasbanyahay in uu africa iskaga tago, Canada ama America ha aado, 20k waa ku tagi kraa i think. legally!

^did he try the green card lottery? I know about 10 guys(some with their wives)who were chosen the bast two years. Odds of 1 in about 50,000 sucks but who knows he could be chosen as well and he will still have his 20k(at the xawaalad)to settle down.

PS. he also can find for himself an educated sister that just wants a kasband, she will get him all the papers he need(plus the wedding gift ;) ) and in no time, he'll get out of there.

Juxa   

cawaale great idea, finding the sister i mean.

i think if he made his mind up, he cant be stopped, europe iyo america dahab baa yaala

faataxada umara wiilka inuu alle usoo fududeeyo

Isn't that what we always say? It was for my friend, not me

kkkk bro sidee waxkaa yihiin aniga ahaan dhalasho kale ayaan leeyahay lakiin ma jecli in lacagtaas lagu qarash gareeyo yurub goorta uu africa wax ka qaban hadana eey ku xerantahay qafta waxeey tahay.

by the way Thanks for ur great advice!

Thank you very much all.

Talo ayuu rabay in ku filana hada wuu heesta,

Asiga lee waaye hada haduu rabo in uu isdhiibo

uu dhumiyo 3sano(macquul kayar ama kabadan) kadibna caloosha uuna ka badan with little-secure savings.

Y.Y

ElPunto   

The only reason to come to Europe or the west is education. Seems he might be a bit too old for that.

Otherwise stay in Africa. People who make just $1000 USD a month can live like kings. And Kenyan residency and passports can be easily had if you know the right people.

Peacenow   

Originally posted by -Lily-:

I would advise your friend to stay in Africa, try to obtain legal documents for his resident status & give it his best shot. He could invest his $20k in education too. Otherwise if he really wants venture out try Far East Asia (under no circumstance would I say Arab countries).

Why is that? Aren't they the fabulous Islamic countries? Please enlighten me.

Africa is the real deal nowadays, if you are looking to study and I mean coming purely for education then to Europe, otherwise you will be wasting your time.