Sign in to follow this  
HOBK

do you have the somali trait?

I am told that I apparently talk extremely loudly! I cannot help it :( I am not even aware of it redface.gif .

**lays down on the couch**

**gets comfortable**

I guess it goes back to my childhood (dont all problems do?). I think that when I was younger no one paid any attention to me :( so I raised my voice higher, and higher, and higher to be heard! Its a vicious cycle I tell ya.

Anyways, thats a SOMALI triat, aint it? icon_razz.gif

One time my class mate was asking where I was from, so there I was proudly telling him I was from Somalia...and my other friends who were sitting with us were like " you not Asian, all this time we assumed you were Bengali (bangaladesh)". I was like say what. oh my lord dont u fakin ever disrespect me in Public. what do they mean assume.....assume my a-s-s!

Diamante   

LOOOL @ some of your responses!

Good to know some people here are walking freakshows icon_razz.gif ....I thank you all for letting me know who to avoid icon_razz.gif

Anyway, Somali trait you say? I don't even remotely resemble a Somali, forget that, I don't even resemble a human being. I've long given up trying to cope with the fact that I'm "different"....now I thrive on it. Kids don't come anywhere near me, so forget about babysitting.

But hey, am I complaining...no! I'm perfectly contend wearing this mask that oddly resembles the one Hannibal Lectre was wearing in Silence of the Lambs....do you think they're trying to tell me something??...Or is it me being paranoid???

* scratches bald patch on head *

* wipes drool off with her duck fingers *

Dinner is ready...byyyehaayyy

I hear the question, 'Are you Somali?'- in Somali- often enough to know that I cause a little confusion. Non-Somalis hardly ever place me. I've been called all kinds. But I feel all kinds so it's fine by me. smile.gif

No one i know ever confused me with anything other than SOMALI.Proud to be one, with all the loud talking,miraa eating,patronising,crazy,underdeveloped,NOMAD!!!!

N.O.R.F   

^^^just this afternoon i heard 'waryaaaa' 'yarka' in a furniture store, to my surprise one of the workers was somali, from a place called Barawe (i think)somehwhere between Kimayo and xamar (i think). But then again i was aked if i was from Morroco by the new secretary :rolleyes: