Sign in to follow this  
HOBK

do you have the somali trait?

HOBK   

this a question i always wanted 2 know does anyone on this site fully somali belive that they dont look somali?

whether its a personal belief or comments made by ppl just say so and what country do u look like u come from?.

i personally use to think i looked somali until when i reached a certain age(teenage) i was doubted by many people including somalis.

british people that havent travelled say i am asian (suprise suprise any muslim wearing a scarf is asian)and for those that travel say i look like like an arab.

i even had a argument with an asian man.i screamed 'i am not asian' and he was like yesss u rrr. i got a headache truthfully.

many arabs say i look like an arab (black arab)how many arabs i told i dont understand their language god knows.hehehe

then theirs the whole mixed race issue.

and last of all my people i remember they always use to speak to me in english and i found it intimidating then i found out why.

people always are shocked when i tell them.and then they say 'oh my god' u dont look like it.

anyways the whole point of this topic r u proud that u look somali or different?.

i am happy with my self because the tend to b many somali girls that tend to say the snide comments. and the look on their face when they find out somali is golrious. hehehehe

ppl reply

its not only u! we nomads confuse the heck outta ppl! i particularily hate ppl who come and start speaking foreign language to u! say what?? is my response!! specially ethiopian ladies! i told this gal i am somali and she kept on talking in her lingo!! i had to walk away while she was still yapping!! :confused:

Muhammad   

rudy - I had that happen to me too.

I don't know whats up with ethiopians?

they get too physical for africans!

danaanish! danaanish! :confused: did you just had onions?

Ninkaan rudy la dhaho marwalba waa iga qosliyaa, ar asaga iyo dumar maxaa kala heesto! Kaalay laakiin sheekadaan soomaali uma eki ah soo looma qaadan karo aniga quruxleey baan ahay oo af carabi ah? lol Haa, dabcan dad badan oo waxaa jira aaminsan in carab hadii loo egyahay oo qofku qurxoon yahay ama cadaanka oo kale ama hindi oo kale. Waxaas waa sheekooyinka uu maskaxda kaga qabsaday gumeystaha dadka midabka madow leh.

In my opinion, I think those are the stories of the colonial times, not now! :D

Som@li   

^^^^lol, :D:D ,saaxiib waad iga qoslisay,,laakin fegradaasi waa mid weli ku hartay dad badan,,sababtayna in gabdho aad u badanî ay dubkii sare iska xayuubiyaan,,Laakin gabadhan sheekada ka ku rogin waayo quluubteeda ku majirno ,,Horaa laa yiri "hadal waa margi".

Back to the topic, i have never been mistaken for other nationalities.

Salma   

Originally posted by HOBK:

anyways the whole point of this topic r u proud that u look somali or different?.

I believe whether the somali person doesnt have the somali features or doesnt speak the somali language in the right way that doenst make him/her less proud than the other Somalis who are much related to Somalia than others with their looks, fluent language or whatever. There shouldn't be something called "Proud bcz I look like a Somali or not", the creators were created by Allah and you cant control your look.

And even if others thought/believed/insisted that you are not somali; then all what you have to do is to clear to them that "You are Somali" and thats all. If they didn't believe you, its upto them. No need for arguments or screamings. Save your voice & anger for something much important sis smile.gif

Why to fight with others for something you know the best??? :D

BOB   

Everybody I know says that I look like Idi Amin Dada's cousin and I once had a Somali Girl turn me down because she said "Uuff,You're Not Somali" and she almost beat the heck out of me with her Dacas then there was this Sudanese guy asking me if I am from South of Sudan and later on when we got to know each other he started to tease me and say that he looks more Somali than me that bothered me a whole lot so i started speaking Somali to him and all he could say was "What? What? What? Speak English Man, Come On" then i got up and said to him "Don't you ever say that you are more Somali than me Mother Sucker, You bloody John Grang and Alek Wek look alike"

And that is my story Ladies & Gentlemen...

Peace, Love & Unity.

raula   

Originally posted by BOB:

Everybody I know says that I look like Idi Amin Dada's cousin and I once had a Somali Girl turn me down because she said "Uuff,You're Not Somali" and she almost beat the heck out of me with her Dacas then there was this Sudanese guy asking me if I am from South of Sudan and later on when we got to know each other he started to tease me and say that he looks more Somali than me that bothered me a whole lot so i started speaking Somali to him and all he could say was "What? What? What? Speak English Man, Come On" then i got up and said to him "Don't you ever say that you are more Somali than me Mother Sucker, You bloody John Grang and Alek Wek look alike"

And that is my story Ladies & Gentlemen...

Peace, Love & Unity.

<-------the last part..was exceedingly comical :D;) ati John Grang and Alek Wek..loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool.wwalaahi we uliachiliwa from MATHARE MENTAL icon_razz.gif:D haisomarin madhow..xaal qaado. The sudanese thing sounds like my signature (jezuz..kaa we mweusi vile. :eek: :Dicon_razz.gif )

Senora   

Im either from the Carribean or Ethiopian....

And when it came to Somali's, I dont look Somali, I've just been "African-American"...whatever that might mean :confused:

^^Fiance, You may want to get rid of that Baruko(sp?). Xalimos are not quite well known for 'jawana hair'

I kidd i kidd :D

Me, apart from the chararestichly Forked Teeth and the Massive forhead, I just look like a regular american :D

juba   

i believe i look like the typical somali no one has ever confused me with being Ethiopian though we do look alike. i don't know why but i can always recongize a somali..ALWAYS! no matter how light or dark, i guess its the connection we all have! :D

BOB   

Originally posted by raula:

wwalaahi we uliachiliwa from MATHARE MENTAL [/QB]

Sssshhh Hapana nimedodge,usinishtaki jo nakuomba tafadali, siwezi kurudi huko tena, afadali uni peleke Busia nikae na mjomba wangu Billy Ochieng Otieno Odiambo.

Peace, Love & Unity.