Old_Observer

Why not post the real news of interest Black Oil instead of Iley this Iley that?

galbeedi,

Why didn't you bring the most important news for you, the oil well to be drilled announced by Abiy?

Why this go around to bring civil war among Somalis? What do you gain?

Why is the area where the pipeline to pass more useful to you than the area where the prospective well is?

Why cover with Iley why not say the main motivation for you the trade route?

ADDIS ABABA, June 27 (Reuters) - Ethiopia will begin extracting crude oil on a test basis from reserves in the country’s southeast this week, state-affiliated media and the prime minister’s office said on Wednesday.

Fitsum Arega, chief of staff in Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed’s office, said on Twitter that Abiy had met with officials from Poly-GCL Petroleum Investment Limited to “officially kick-start crude oil production test in Ogaden Region”.

“The company has discovered that there is a prospect of commercial quantities of crude oil in the region,” Fitsum wrote.

The firm is a joint venture of state-owned China POLY Group Corporation and Hong Kong-based Golden Concord Group.

The state-affiliated Fana media quoted Abiy as saying 450 barrels would be produced on Thursday on a trial basis.

galbeedi   

OO,

Why  you start putting my name in the headlines? . No I know you are in the trouble.

Any way, replacing Illey should not lead any civil war. The appointed leaders of the Ethiopian Kilils come and go. 

main power used to rest with  Ethiopian military garrisons and Tigray finance police to protect their importers. As I said Illey was just a military warden to keep the prison in order. The new leaders will easily find another enforcer.

The main reason he lasted too long with the TPLF was he helped them move hard currency through Wajaale and Dahabshiil which transferred to banks in Dubai. 

So, for the sake of the Somalis, do not make this as president of a republic is been overthrown or something similar.

On the Gas issue, this Abiy guy is just hallucinating. No one can dig anything in the Somali region without the permission of the people.The Somali zone is under emergency rule , and in order to dig gas they must bring soldiers to protect the Chinese.

galbeedi   

Maakhiri1

You hit it on the nail.

If these Abiy guy interferes with black gold which is totally the monopoly of the Gulf  Arabs in east Africa and middle east, he will be history sooner than we think.

As some had said before, Ethiopia is a very weak country that has a huge mess within to resolve.

They will dig the oil onlf is a dead organisation they cant carry out a terrorist attack like back in 2007. No one can oppose the digging this time.

So if the Oromo rose up against the Tigre brigands, who were in power--for plundering and mooching off the natural resources of their territory, what makes you think the Somalis will sit on their idle hands and watch non-Somalis exploit and steal their natural resources?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, galbeedi said:

OO,

Why  you start putting my name in the headlines? . No I know you are in the trouble.

Any way, replacing Illey should not lead any civil war. The appointed leaders of the Ethiopian Kilils come and go. 

main power used to rest with  Ethiopian military garrisons and Tigray finance police to protect their importers. As I said Illey was just a military warden to keep the prison in order. The new leaders will easily find another enforcer.

The main reason he lasted too long with the TPLF was he helped them move hard currency through Wajaale and Dahabshiil which transferred to banks in Dubai. 

So, for the sake of the Somalis, do not make this as president of a republic is been overthrown or something similar.

On the Gas issue, this Abiy guy is just hallucinating. No one can dig anything in the Somali region without the permission of the people.The Somali zone is under emergency rule , and in order to dig gas they must bring soldiers to protect the Chinese.

Sorry I did not realize it was the topic until too late. I have edited it.

As regards to your focus on Iley and his administration, you and folks like you put the Somali in uncomforatble position to choose weakening Somali unity when is under attack from many corners or stand by Iley for what may come which will not be worst than your ideas.

This Tigray thing is just a red herring now. If the Oromo are too chickened of the Somali, they should just come straight and ask what the Somali wants. Don't beat around the bush and in the process raise issues that are not in any Somali peoples' benefit.

The Tigray need the Somali and the Somali needed the Tigray. You cannot even appreciate the fact that the Somali people were protected from being exposed to soldiers from other cultures. You cannot appreciate just that one, I guess you don't know how that breaks society. Kililka is poor, technologically backward, but is quintesencially Somali. The bad, the good and ebven the ugly is all kililka. The ugly will be made bad and the bad will be made good very soon.

"Where ever there is oil, there is trouble. If we give contract to an American company other companies immdiately go to next tribe and start trouble. Ethiopia should never deal with oil until and unless we can do at least 80% of the work ourselves."

Meles Zenawi

ONLF will not repeat what they did last time. They were paid specifically for that mission and admitted. It has earned them scorn and loss of major support. The idea was good to stop, but the way they did it was terrible. They even did not want to take hostages. For freedom fighters that is a no no.

As for oil...The formulae has to be public

What effect it will have on nomads, people in the affected area

What will be the side benefits and has to be upfront roads should be completed, airports completed, dams part of package completed before a drop of oil.

Security should be done all by Somali and Liyu paid from Federal money.

local Ethiopian labour should be Somali unless technically/technologically and managerially  justified

All this is if the formulae of sharing is satisfactory. Qatar for gas and other Arabs for oil will be all trouble too.

I agree with observer ileey might not be a great guy or honest or the best leader or politician in Ethiopia for the somali ethnic. But atleast he sits at the table with the tigre leaders he is a soldier who stands firm.  He also pushes back the gallas. Because  They don't care whether abdi ileey rules or another abdi rules. The gallas  want  to expand their sphere of influence their opdo politics their olf politics. They are on a mission.

On 6/28/2018 at 9:04 AM, Xaaji Xunjuf said:

I agree with observer ileey might not be a great guy or honest or the best leader or politician in Ethiopia for the somali ethnic. But atleast he sits at the table with the tigre leaders he is a soldier who stands firm.  He also pushes back the gallas. Because  They don't care whether abdi ileey rules or another abdi rules. The gallas  want  to expand their sphere of influence their opdo politics their olf politics. They are on a mission.

People do not realize that ONLF and OLF are more enemies and never worked together even against so called common enemy.

There is a reason for that. Abdi Iley is young man of recent OLF is 50 years old and if we add WSLF days to ONLF its also as much old. Iley may not have been born when these two started.