Sign in to follow this  
Chimera

GAME: 50 words stories.

wyre   

here was a man at the corner with one third of a hat and half a pair of shoes. I offered him my boots. He sold them to a homeless guy for ten bucks and gave the money to a woman at a bus stop.

I really liked those boots…

:D:D:D

Chimera   

An Asthma suffering boy from Barawa stared into the abyss of the Indian Ocean for an entire day, before falling asleep. When he woke up, he found himself standing on the bottom of the ocean, with his urge for air gone. Then slowly the ocean resurfaced him to the beach.

^

Good job, Chimera, for your story was exactly 50 words, though I personally couldn't make head or tails of it. Was the boy, already in the sea? Was he dreaming it? Was he unable to breath because of the Asthma, or was he actually drowning in the ocean, you mentioned?

This story clearly is in need of recalibration, however I think you've effectively manacled your creativity by insisting on the fiddy-word limitation-- which is why, you have no choice but to publish a story rife with ambiguities. This is why I think, we should do away with the handicap, and allow people and yourself the freedom to cook up stories of how many words a person chooses.

Let me know what you think about this idea.

wyre;683191 wrote:
here was a man at the corner with one third of a hat and half a pair of shoes. I offered him my boots. He sold them to a homeless guy for ten bucks and gave the money to a woman at a bus stop.

I really liked those boots…

:D
:D:D

Sometimes charity has it's shortcomings. happy0002.gif

Nice one. Give us one more!

Chimera   

Mr Somalia feel free to create a new topic without the limitation, I certainly would contribute. However this topic in question is a good excercise; as to whether you are capable of delivering an intriguing story with only 50 words at your disposal, ambiguities aren't a problem, especially if its Sci-Fi.

wyre   

Chocolate brownies are delightful. But not with nuts in them.

Chewy cookies are delightful. But not with nuts in them.

Insane asylums are delightful. But not with nuts in them.

Exploding fireworks are delightful. But not with nuts in them.

Repetitive statements are delightful. But not with nuts in them :D:D:D

wyre   

I walked across the road. A vehicle screeched in front of me. I looked at my friend and waved. The man in the vehicle shouted "ARE YOU DEAF?" at the top of his voice. I waved again at my friend and walked off, the world so deadly silent around me.

Chimera   

Chimera;683351 wrote:
An Asthma suffering boy from Barawa stared into the abyss of the Indian Ocean for an entire day, before falling asleep. When he woke up, he found himself standing on the bottom of the ocean, with his urge for air gone. Then slowly the ocean resurfaced him to the beach.

I expanded this into a novella.

chubacka   

^Good for you.

She stood and starred back into the darkness. He was there; she felt him, his spindly limbs still, his eyes piercing. How she came to feel his presence she did not know, but it would come upon her, the slow tightening of her heart, the coldness that covered her completely.

A deep and prolonged sigh that punctuated the fresh wintry air was the first visible sign of Ali on the station platform. He cast a tall but forlorn character as he slowly inched his head up towards the direction of the roaring 7am express. For a few, their only crime…..