Che -Guevara

Jawar Mohamed and OMN setting shop in Finfinne

galbeedi,

Isn't it very sad and humiliating that we are talking about 7 million Somali people, but always in terms of outsiders? When are people going to think in terms of the Somali first and then allies and competitors and een enemies get identified?

Do you realize what you are saying? The Oromo is better than Tigray, the Somali would rather be Oromo..etc. How humiliating is that?

There is enough confidence now in terms of capacity for public administration, education, health and social services (not pension etc but at least help that comes from outside world can be applied in organized and fair way based on need) also fairly sized and organized militia/police. Its time to think the autonomy strengthening more. Ethiopia can operate outside periphery of kililka, but inside should be business of the Somali. I hope you understand what it means.

My argument will never be Tigray is better than Oromo. That would be ultimate humiliation. I even dislike very much people who frame it that way. It literally means the Somali cannot stand on his own feet he needs Oromo, Tigray or Amhara. That is sad when some of you do it for expediency.

15 hours ago, galbeedi said:

Of course we want to trade the 10 million Oromo who are our brothers in our neighborhood. We want to open the trade roads closed by TPLF and Illey to enrich the Tigray importers in Djibouti and Addis.

So. Does it mean you are willing to give away full autonomy of the Somali people for a piece of the khat trade route that the Oromo want to control and you to become an assistant?

The principle is this. We wish and will work to get rid of this product, but as long as its legal and there is money to be made on it, let our own people benefit from it. Let our people contreol it rather than be victims of it.

You know the facts on the ground, from your posts year ago. Its the Somali, Oromo and Hareri. The Somali of course to some degree suffers from the Qabil problem everywhere to lesser but none the less existent. The one weakness of the Somali is that in any argument, conflict goes looking for ally outside his society. Most people in kililka are against this culture. Even in worst case if you have to fight, do it with your brother in house. Don't use outsiders, since reconciliation is impossible. You start a new cycle of changing "masters".

"I do not do it for you, I did not do it for you" is a book written about Eritrea and Ethiopian liberation movements. Never forget its the same everywhere. Those whom you are advocating for, do what they do for themselves. Oromo, Tigray, Amhara do what they do for themselves first. You are only an afterthought. An add on. Its about time and is almost in a position the Somali think independently then no problem choosing allies friends...but don't start from choosing allies first. Allies to do what?

Jawar looks for galbeedi only and only when its impossible to do it by himself for himself.

In anycase the Oromo would be foolish to start making our galbeedi happy by interfering in Kililka. They have more at stake than Kililka. The possibility of them loosing if it goes to confrontation is much much higher than the Somali.

Observer you are speaking from a general point of view. But the  fact is Somalis are deeply  divided deeply fractured along tribal lines  different interest even in kilinka shanaaad the shinile clans have different interest than the hawd and reserve area. Onlf has different goals and aspirations than abdi ileey and his liyuuu militia. Even og clans are deeply divided along subclanish lines. Abdi ileey is playing the unifying factor. As for oromo amhara tigray and gurage you can't  face them because you have no common policy towards Ethiopia. Galbeedi believes  gallas can be his allies gallas are savages they will purge you and then  cry  they are victim's. I would  trust the gallas if I was you. 

On 6/27/2018 at 5:28 PM, Xaaji Xunjuf said:

Observer you are speaking from a general point of view. But the  fact is Somalis are deeply  divided deeply fractured along tribal lines  different interest even in kilinka shanaaad the shinile clans have different interest than the hawd and reserve area. Onlf has different goals and aspirations than abdi ileey and his liyuuu militia. Even og clans are deeply divided along subclanish lines. Abdi ileey is playing the unifying factor. As for oromo amhara tigray and gurage you can't  face them because you have no common policy towards Ethiopia. Galbeedi believes  gallas can be his allies gallas are savages they will purge you and then  cry  they are victim's. I would  trust the gallas if I was you. 

I understand your point.

Its the weakness of people who have never had common government they call their own and jump to government of others everytime they have a flu.

Its temporary and Ghelleh might come in handy before this sickness goes to Djibouti. If this thing continues the Afar might get involved and the whole thing will blow up in Djibouti with UAE little help which is very bad for kililka.