Sign in to follow this  
Rokko

Ayaan Hirsi TIME's among world's most influential

Rokko   

Just thought some of you might take a glimpse..lol I, personaly, couldn't believe. I guess ya all know what to do if you want your name b on this list..damn what's this world coming into..shidh

11 April 2005

AMSTERDAM — Dutch Liberal MP Ayaan Hirsi Ali has been named by weekly magazine 'Time' as one of the world's top 100 influential people.

Hirsi Ali was included in the list among world leaders such as US president George W Bush, Israeli prime minister Ariel Sharon and South African president Thabo Mbeki.

Apparently equating "influential" with the ability to generate media attention, the magazine also found room on its list for American basketball star Lebron James, 20, Roman Abramovich, the owner of British soccer team Chelsea, and Formula One driver Michael Schumacher.

Time described Hirsi Ali, the Liberal VVD MP as "someone who stands up for her

convictions", newspaper 'De Volkskrant' reported on Monday.

The cultural and political problems in the Netherlands have featured prominently in US media reports since the murder of Dutch filmmaker Theo van Gogh by a suspected Islamic militant last year.

Hirsi Ali plays a prominent role in the media reports as a woman of Somali origin who dares to speak out against the treatment of women under Islam.

She co-produced the film 'Submission' with Van Gogh shortly before his assassination by a Dutch-Moroccan man. The film is highly critical of domestic abuse among the Islamic community.

Hirsi Ali's stance has won much praise in the US. The fact that she went into hiding last year after being threatened to death by suspected Islamic terrorists has only added to her image.

Time publishes the top 100 listing every year. Those included are judged to exert the greatest influence on current global events.

The magazine says warlike or peaceful leaders through to dictators or defenders of democracy can be included on the list.

President Bush and Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice topped the list this year.

[Copyright Expatica News 2005]

The americans want to dictate everything to the world..by doctoring even lists..by putting Bush and Condoleezza Rice to the top on the list ...The list looses the meaning.. :mad: :mad:

Just thought some of you might take a glimpse..lol I, personaly, couldn't believe. I guess ya all know what to do if you want your name b on this list..damn what's this world coming into..shidh

You know you want to be in her shoes, keep on hating somalis.

Layzie

You know you want to be in her shoes, keep on hating somalis.

Do you?

In your attemps to show indifference and an "open-minded" attitude, you're coming across rather as utterly ill-advised.

Wiilo   

Hirsi Ali plays a prominent role in the media reports as a woman of Somali origin who dares to speak out against the treatment of women under Islam.

Unbelieveble, well, ayada iyo aaqiradeeda..

Salaama Ka Dheh:............

is it me or r many xaliimos making the wrong turns!!

i dont know what this waris gal gonna! but all i can say about her, is that inay sharafta iska qaaday!!

to me it seems like that we will have many COPY-CAT XALIMOOS like her coming down the pipe line!!! u watch!!

i dont understand this lady! i have never seen or heard, some one who dizzes her religion, her country, even her mom/dad! this shamefull way!!!

SO A XALIMO HAS TO BE THE FIRST ONE WHO DESECRATES

HER OWN dhiin/dhaqan.

i wonder why she never said anything about drugs, prostitution, etc in her so called new hell whole country!!!

when i saw that 60min segment, i really understood how ignorant, ****** and naive this gal

was!!!

u know white society will use u, abuse, and spit u out like big luugi!! when they got no more use of for!!

she looked so clueless and gulable!! :confused:

plz xalimos!! look around before jump ovea the cliff!!

Bess.   
:( ......it seems to me anybody accusing ppl of hating on ayan hersi...is just arguing for argument sake, and has nothing to add to or apparently is ignorant of the actions of this woman ....4 if they knew what she had done they would have never in suited that anybody would ever want to be anywhere near her, forget about being in her shoes... as she has neither accomplished anything nor has anything to be influential for... she is just notorious for being ignorant and quite the spokes person for a cause that has brought nothing but shame and infamy upon her religion, culture and family, a cause that she nothing to gain from, a cause that is using her to further its nefarious sabotage of the Islam religion, and she is the spokes person for this....if influential means being quite the "patsy" or "sheep" for a cause that has nothing to do with u and wants to harm the believes we should hold dear...then please I would rather wallow in obscurity....and forever shun being influential... as I would never want to appear any list that has George w. Bush....as one of its members... :rolleyes:

Wiilo   

ruddy sxb who is gonna mimic or follow foot steps of that ignorant woman. I dont think any woman who is smart enough would follow that woman's foot steps wallaahi...

SalaAma kA DhEh:........

Bess.   

rudy...

SO A XALIMO HAS TO BE THE FIRST ONE WHO DESECRATES

HER OWN dhiin/dhaqan.

she is an indivitual and and does not represent the rest of the somali woman populus..... :rolleyes: so i resent that u would imply that somali woman r easily influenced or group us with these truely misguided few.... :mad:

In your attemps to show indifference and an "open-minded" attitude, you're coming across rather as utterly ill-advised.

"attempts"?? The only one I see attemping to steer up something is you.(btw, you are failing miserably)

There is nothing open minded about my attitude, I feel that the only reason why this individual brought the subject up is because he is envious of her success. He might not not know it, but he sure was hot and bothered enough to bring it to everyone's attention for pple take one last shot@her, prove to pple that being named one of the most influential is like having a cup of shaah, because Ayan Hirsi made it, therefore every hebel and heblaayo can too.(pitiful) Just becuz majority of the somali pple are condemning her for her own personal views, doesn't give him and others the right sh*t all over someone's joyful moment.netherless i am sure she is ecstatic about the news, with or without your approval.

PS: in the eyes of the world, this woman is yesterday's news and tomorrow's trash, but the only ones who keep bringing issues relating to her are bitter pple like yourselves.

if influential means being quite the "patsy" or "sheep" for a cause that has nothing to do with u and wants to harm the believes we should hold dear...then please I would rather wallow in obscurity....and forever shun being influential... as I would never want to appear any list that has George w. Bush....as one of its members...

Take it easy there, the candidacy for Most righteous individual in SOL doesn't start until fall, you still have plenty of time to work on your acceptance speech, but I gotta tell you, there are alot of good candidates out there who are just as righteous, this might be a tough election for SOLers.

bilan   

it seems the only way to get famous is to disrespect the prophet(PPUH. and to Lazy, what is her success if i may ask. do you know this woman, and what she did, i do not think any sensible person will want to be like her. i do not think anyone is saying anyone about her personal views, but when she insults a prophet, Allah, then we have every right to talk back,if you really saw and read what she said, and it did not bother you, then you have a problem.