Che -Guevara

President Isaias Afwerki to send a delegation to Addis Ababa

Mourad1   
13 minutes ago, Old_Observer said:

You of all people should not go that far. Somalia under Zaid Barre had even more accolades. Actually Somalis are only people that fought colonialism in the beginning. The South African one is different and the Sudanese one happend in Khartoum not before the europeans had landed and ruled Khartoum.

But when the bottom fell off and the inside became outside what happened to Somalia...we all know what happened. Eritrea is even more closed 100 times more closed than Somalia was in 1990.

I would say put things in perspective. Not go overboard with praises so that your criticism will also be reasonable.

I am not here to argue for Ethiopia, but It was Isayas who called Clinton at 2:00AM to tell Ethiopians to stop.

It is Isayas whose 25km deep over 1000 km length of his country who cannot put army without permission from Ethiopia, just like Egyptians can't in Sinai without permission from Israel.

Its Isayas who cannot set foreign base in his country without Ethiopian permission. Aslk Qatar that spent 12 years in Eritrea. Ask UAE that only set up base after 3 months in Eritrea. Eritrea begged US to have a base, but America said first end state of war with Ethiopia.

Anyway my main point is even if you are fuming mad on Ethiopia, no reason to go overboard with things that may or maynot be true.

It was Isaias who brought Meles along to his ride to Addis Ababa. As a part of the deal, Meles signed off the independence of Eritrea. However, Isaias miscalculated Meles' resilience in the conflicts of 93 and 98. For future references, know that the recent history of the Horn of Africa is well documented, OO

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Mourad1 said:

It was Isaias who brought Meles along to his ride to Addis Ababa. As a part of the deal, Meles signed off the independence of Eritrea. However, Isaias miscalculated Meles' resilience in the conflicts of 93 and 98. For future references, know that the recent history of the Horn of Africa is well documented, OO

That is simply propaganda. TPLF, OLF, ONLF and later EPRDF had supported Eritrean independence since 1978.

It was also Meles (was another leader of TPLF named Sebhat old man) that saved Isayas from his base in border of Sudan being over run by Ethiopia.

They were helping each other and quareling all the time. But that is not the point.

My point was because not liking Ethiopia we should not automatically be so praising Isayas. 4,000 Somali have reached Eritrea in 90s. Guess how they were received. No work permit, have to pay exorbitant amoun for UN travel document, Eritrea receives dollars but gives the Somali in Nacfa and never allows the refugee's local committee to work directly with UN agency. There isstill camp near Massawa with few hundred Somalis to this date.

In Ethiopia: The committee of the camp works directly with UN. Somalis that can afford to travel have easily accessible Travel document, some even Ethiopian citizenship, have schools, some were settled and given farm lands.

OK its hard to compare since in Ethiopia the Somalis from the republic are among their people, but still compare it to Kenya and Eritrea its night and day. There is more than 100,000 Somalis from the republic in Addis Ababa with full work permit that allows them to work and live like locals.

Lets not just go by enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Mourad1   
1 hour ago, Old_Observer said:

That is simply propaganda. TPLF, OLF, ONLF and later EPRDF had supported Eritrean independence since 1978.

It was also Meles (was another leader of TPLF named Sebhat old man) that saved Isayas from his base in border of Sudan being over run by Ethiopia.

They were helping each other and quareling all the time. But that is not the point.

My point was because not liking Ethiopia we should not automatically be so praising Isayas. 4,000 Somali have reached Eritrea in 90s. Guess how they were received. No work permit, have to pay exorbitant amoun for UN travel document, Eritrea receives dollars but gives the Somali in Nacfa and never allows the refugee's local committee to work directly with UN agency. There isstill camp near Massawa with few hundred Somalis to this date.

In Ethiopia: The committee of the camp works directly with UN. Somalis that can afford to travel have easily accessible Travel document, some even Ethiopian citizenship, have schools, some were settled and given farm lands.

OK its hard to compare since in Ethiopia the Somalis from the republic are among their people, but still compare it to Kenya and Eritrea its night and day. There is more than 100,000 Somalis from the republic in Addis Ababa with full work permit that allows them to work and live like locals.

Lets not just go by enemy of my enemy is my friend.

It is easy to dismiss anything that doesn't fit your truth as propaganda. However, EPLF had two entire brigades stationed in Addis Ababa since the fall of the city till their expulsion in 93 due to the border conflict with Eritrea. I hope that you understand the indisputable fact that no one was doing Isaias any favors, he was in the capital on his own will. 

OO, I do agree with you that Ethiopia and Somalia are by default brotherly nations, however ever since Abyssinia chose to change its name to Ethiopia, in order to claim the so often mentioned in the Bible: Ethiopia = the Land of the Blacks. Our highland brothers have developed imperialist ambitions. Meles tried to diversify and modernize the country's image as a multi-ethnic and multi-religious state, but still, as for today, Ethiopia remains in its ever core, for many Somalis, as an orthodox Christian nation populated and dominated by Xabashi ( Tigre and Amhara).  

Eritrea is also an orthodox Christian  state atleast the prime minister of Ethiopia now is an oromo. The highland habasha in both Eritrea and Ethiopia are the same

1 hour ago, Xaaji Xunjuf said:

Eritrea is also an orthodox Christian  state atleast the prime minister of Ethiopia now is an oromo. The highland habasha in both Eritrea and Ethiopia are the same

There was cartoon made by Amin Amir that showed Aweys and Shiek Sherif talking about Tigray this Tigray that...when Young Aidiid tells them that there is more Tigray power here in Eritrea than in Ethiopia. That was priceless.

A lot of Somali don't have that information. Isayas is only 2nd or maybe 3rd generation in Eritrea. He is fully both sides of parents from Tigray. Meles Mother was from Eritrea.

2 hours ago, Mourad1 said:

It is easy to dismiss anything that doesn't fit your truth as propaganda. However, EPLF had two entire brigades stationed in Addis Ababa since the fall of the city till their expulsion in 93 due to the border conflict with Eritrea. I hope that you understand the indisputable fact that no one was doing Isaias any favors, he was in the capital on his own will. 

OO, I do agree with you that Ethiopia and Somalia are by default brotherly nations, however ever since Abyssinia chose to change its name to Ethiopia, in order to claim the so often mentioned in the Bible: Ethiopia = the Land of the Blacks. Our highland brothers have developed imperialist ambitions. Meles tried to diversify and modernize the country's image as a multi-ethnic and multi-religious state, but still, as for today, Ethiopia remains in its ever core, for many Somalis, as an orthodox Christian nation populated and dominated by Xabashi ( Tigre and Amhara).  

Mourad,

I think we understand each other well. I might have a leaning to Tigray you might have leaning to Oromo, but that is small compared to both wanting the Somali people to have something better than current situaton everywhere. I am not as concerned about this or that country as long as the Somali people do well everywhere. In the future the unity will come either through EU kind in Horn of Africa or something.

But unless the Somali is doing well in at least one or 2 countries, cannot take advantage of anything.

9 minutes ago, Old_Observer said:

A lot of Somali don't have that information. Isayas is only 2nd or maybe 3rd generation in Eritrea. He is fully both sides of parents from Tigray. Meles Mother was from Eritrea.

Why does that matter?,  they different countries,  and been at war,  Eritrea was clearly the winner, 

The numbers, confirmed, but real could be more. Ethiopia tried to use brute force but failed miserably.

Over 100,000 Ethiopians and 19,000 Eritreans killed in two years.

More  here

2001 There were no reported deaths due to the conflict in 2001.

2000 Tens of thousands of Ethiopian and Eritrean soldiers and likely thousands of civilians from both countries died in the fighting. However, specific and independently confirmed numbers remain unavailable.

"Some 120 000 people are thought to have died in the two-year conflict, many in the last three weeks." [Guardian, 5 June, 2000]

"As diplomacy failed, both sides dug in, remilitarized and commenced a series of deadly battles that military experts say constitutes the most lethal war now being waged on the planet, with casualties in the tens of thousands." [Washington Post, 21 April 2000]

"For its part, Eritrea claimed to have killed or wounded 25,000 Ethiopians in the first two days of combat." [Washington Post, 18 May 2000]

'Yes somalis are not well versed in their own region horn of Africa.  Eritrea Ethiopia feud is just a family feud once they reconcile  they will be the closest allies in the region wa laba  reer oo Somali oo isdilay oo kale. From 1991 to 1998 relations were very well.  Eritrea Ethiopia badme ended in a stalemate. How' ever Ethiopia won and conquered badme Eritrea failed to.remove Ethiopian forces from badme.