Che -Guevara

President Isaias Afwerki to send a delegation to Addis Ababa

Holac   

Like OO said, the peace plan was hatched by the UAE to start another port project in Eritrea and make Djibouti lose importance.

40 minutes ago, Holac said:

What did @Old_Observer say about this latest development?

lol

The Egyptians have won hands down. Signs:

Djibouti is sidelined in Ethiopia. I hope next 6 months Ghelleh stays low and does not do anything provocative.

GERD if not scrapped or downscaled will go according to schedule Egypt wants

Somalia will be punished for refusing base for Egypt. The delayed and meaningless visit is a diplomatic message

Tigray and kiilka have just enough influence and power to keep themselves safe for now. That is big win for Egypt.

America, Israel, Saudi, UAE want Eritrea against Iran and war in Yemen. Everything will be done to smoothen this. Hopefully the Eritrean dictator will not go overboard and harm Djibouti and Sudan.

Everything came tgether with Power of America, money of Arabs. Chinese will also stay low and take a break.

That is what I say.

6 hours ago, Xaaji Xunjuf said:

Isias  finally making peace  with his tigrian cousins of mekelle. Interesting indeed 

Quite the contrary all his enemies are in trouble Meqele, Djibouti, Khartoum..even Somalia

Eritrea is now most wanted peace of territory against Iran and for the war in Yemen.

8 hours ago, Che -Guevara said:

This is according  to WaPo.WaPo 

Beleive me they know better and more than anybody else.

Its all being co-ordinated there in America. Financed by UAE and Saudis.

Shiek Alamoudi fell victim to circumstances.

First by Saudi internal

Then by Egyptian request to hamstrang  Tigray and to take his investments. Oromo have already taken his gold mine and given it to themselves. Excuse was environmental standards lol

Isayas for sure is smiling as well.

Only Sweden, Tigray, Ghelleh are on his corner, but are all sidelined or not influential on UAE, Saudi and those behind them.

galbeedi   

Eritrea is not our enemy. We salute the tough "Jabhad" who despite a twenty year of isolation, survived and got stronger. 

Asias might even out last the fat gulf boys. 

OO,

You must remember that both Trump and the gulf boys are not forever. As soon as we impeach Trump, these orphans will be their own. If I were Eritrea, I would stick to my demands and buy as much as possible.

Because of geography, Somalis might fare better than Tigre.

17 minutes ago, galbeedi said:

Eritrea is not our enemy. We salute the tough "Jabhad" who despite a twenty year of isolation, survived and got stronger. 

Actually he is now stronger by foreign demand only. In his country he is much weaker. 1987/8 Somalia. You know when the people of Somalia still had the confidence, but President Barre was negotiating with Mengistu? Its the same situation internally in Eritrea. How long that can last is anyones guess. But for now he has got perfect opportunity.

You must remember that both Trump and the gulf boys are not forever. As soon as we impeach Trump, these orphans will be their own. If I were Eritrea, I would stick to my demands and buy as much as possible.

That is why I suggested Ghelleh and others stay under the radar. Avoid even losses temporarily. America and the Gulf boys are in a hurry and can railroad anyone remotely on their way.

Because of geography, Somalis might fare better than Tigre.

I agree. But they still have place in Ethiopia. Oromo needs them badly. If the Amhara find out that the Oromo has just replaced Tigray, that is more dangerous for them than anybody else.

Somali so far is holding and the situation will not get worst. The Somali from east and South from west can be trouble for Oromo, therefore will have to just ignore the Somali and leave him alone. That is what the Somali people want mainly is to be left alone and manage government, security, econmy on his own. They the Oromo also are not that united internally.

1 hour ago, Che -Guevara said:

You know things are bad when Observer says Tigray should keep their head down.

No my friend is not that bad for them. I don't expect even America to go all out cutting its relations with them. Its just there is a perfect storm.

America wants China severly decapitated or removed from the area mainly Djibouti

Saudi and UAE want to do Yemen war from African side Eritrea

America, Israel, Saudi want to deny Iran any place here

What do you expect them to do other than stay low?  Any wrong move can bring the hammer and political groups in Ethiopia can take advantage on it and do a lot of damage.

They smell blood and Abiy can talk the talk, but is not going to provide jobs all that unemployed.

Isaias has respect! tiny country with only 5 million, and defeated Ethiopia , over 100k Ethiopian soldiers were mercilessly slaughtered who were trying to take this tiny village and now they just gave away. Eritreans are truly one of the most patriotic people on earth.

3 hours ago, maakhiri1 said:

Isaias has respect! tiny country with only 5 million, and defeated Ethiopia , over 100k Ethiopian soldiers were mercilessly slaughtered who were trying to take this tiny village and now they just gave away. Eritreans are truly one of the most patriotic people on earth.

You of all people should not go that far. Somalia under Zaid Barre had even more accolades. Actually Somalis are only people that fought colonialism in the beginning. The South African one is different and the Sudanese one happend in Khartoum not before the europeans had landed and ruled Khartoum.

But when the bottom fell off and the inside became outside what happened to Somalia...we all know what happened. Eritrea is even more closed 100 times more closed than Somalia was in 1990.

I would say put things in perspective. Not go overboard with praises so that your criticism will also be reasonable.

I am not here to argue for Ethiopia, but It was Isayas who called Clinton at 2:00AM to tell Ethiopians to stop.

It is Isayas whose 25km deep over 1000 km length of his country who cannot put army without permission from Ethiopia, just like Egyptians can't in Sinai without permission from Israel.

Its Isayas who cannot set foreign base in his country without Ethiopian permission. Aslk Qatar that spent 12 years in Eritrea. Ask UAE that only set up base after 3 months in Eritrea. Eritrea begged US to have a base, but America said first end state of war with Ethiopia.

Anyway my main point is even if you are fuming mad on Ethiopia, no reason to go overboard with things that may or maynot be true.