Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Ayan Hirsi - Taking the fight to Islam

My suggestion is to stop giving this lady more publicity than she deserves.

runtaa waaye. Now lets talk about something more important, like why your nick changes every two seconds. I mean seriouisly, is there some compulsive disorder you have about updating the profile. N what should we call you..Pujah, Pooja , Poja, Puja, or Puj.

Blessed   

Originally posted by Johnny B:

Honour killings, forced marriages and FGM are unique problems for the modren Muslim-women of today, while wife beating is universasl.

Getting humoured ,i don't see how you'd address these issues unlike Ayan, without considering the theo-socio factors that help stablish these harmful social traits in the first place.

Be it Culture or Religion, according to some sociologists, certain traits can only blomster in a society either by having a sound direct usefullness or having a theological shoulder to lean on.

Now, i do understand that you're of the idea that 'if it's good it's Islam,if it is bad it is Culture', but can you explain why those socially harmful traits (Honour killings, forced marriages and FGM ) survived Islam, and are almost unique to the Muslim societies.?
;)

Trust you to drop another chestnut. It's as though you have a hole in your brain. We address your retarded, redundant ideas and questions only to have you repeat them over and over again. :rolleyes:

Johnny B   

Cambaro,'abayo macanto', i was expecting a little more than this apologetic round-up, given that your point of contention is and remains as i understood it.

Originally posted by Cambarro:

Johnny

Its culture that you need to tackle that uses Islam to make it ugly.

The fight is not against Islam but against opressive cultures. Ayan Hirsi has decided that Islam is to blame. What a pity, because as intelligent as she is, she has not been able to learn more about Islam and be able to make a distiction between culture and religion.

When i asked you if you'd like to highlight the distniction of what is percieved , considered or regarded Cultural respectively Religious, i was preparing the floor for you to take Ayan by the ear and show us that her guns are wrongly aimed at the wrong target , namely Religion. hence,my inducement and question of if you could unlike Ayan do address the issue without giving atleast a concise account of the religious role.

As you agreeingly put it "some twisted people in all creeds in that region practise this horrendous acts", its obvious that you attempt to highlight the distniction between those "twisted people" and the 'normal' Muslims, but fall short to reasonably deny Ayan to refer to those very 'twisted people' as Muslims, hence, relate those horrendous acts to those 'twisted people'.

Without clinging to the Stats, i think it is fair to say that Honour killings, forced marriages and FGM are problems that modren Muslim-women face, i've no knowledge of where it says in the scriptures where Islam either condons or is apologetic towards these horrible social traits , but i've come across some scriptures where Men are ocationally entitled to beat Women, but that is all a sidekick to the original point of contention.

Cambaro , i'm not here defending Ayan's position , i'm not even sure if i understand exactly what her position is ,i'm only trying to understand why she is wrong and you're right, when you say :

"Sometimes i do wonder why we run when we cant even walk. I think the discussion should begin with Islam and its validity in the modern soceity. I have an inkling that Islam isnt your cup of tea. "

I feel i failed to understand you to boot, needlessly to mentionn having failed to absorb the gist in your previous post that contained the original point of contention.

Kimiya.

It is an honor to be your favorite brain to drill, i don't know of anybody who'd get my permission to do so . icon_razz.gif

it's a 'Burco ' thing, miyaa?

Jacpher   

I'm continually surprised by the attention given to this lady. I've have read everything she has to say and I found her lacking in almost everything - be it knowledge of the religion, integrity, intelligence or even simple common sense.

There is no sense in flogging a dead horse.

Val, could not agree with you more. I think she has a large audience with receptive ears and she is using Muslim women issue to further her publicity. What has she done for Muslim women besides insulting their sacred scriptures?

JB, I don't think Ayan knows much about Atheism. Leave the Muslim women issues to our qualified sisters and educate her on the typologies of atheism and the immorality of advocating for something you actually don't favor.

Dhimbil   

Everyone agrees she has became a nobody now. But she must be LOL how she stirs something and nomads express outrage immediately.