Sign in to follow this  
RedSea

Position of Islam on Valentines Day.

Eastern, thanksgiving and X-mass are all a big no no? Why didn't someone tell me that before???

I always celebrate as I take time off for myself and enjoy it, and I even give thanks to myself on thanksgiving, and X-mass I shop for myself loads of stuff and give it to myself, and eastern, I EAT ALOT OF CHOCOLATE. Who knew shopping did any harm during X-mass, and who knew eating chocolate on EASTERN was haram too?

There ought to be bulletin posted somewhere saying what is haram and what isn't. How V-day is haram is beyond me, but I plan on enjoying my dinner out caawa, again, eating dinner never hurt anyone did it? I guess if V-day celebration is out of the question, everything else is out of the question too.

J.Lee   

^It wouldn't unless the food you are eating contains germs, bacteria or microorganisms that inhibit your enzymatic activity.

Oh and there is a bulletin, it's called a kutab.

RedSea   

Originally posted by LayZieGirl:

Eastern, thanksgiving and X-mass are all a big no no? Why didn't someone tell me that before???

Assalamu Calaykum.

My sister, believe and trust me they are more than big no no. Especially Christmas to which Christians celebrate because as they say it's the day that Jesus was crusified on the cross, the Son of God; did you read the Son of God! Allahu Akbar. It's great sin calling the Prophet of God his son. Allah doesn't beget nor was he begotten he exalted in might and doesn't have partner. It's great sin for someone to beleive

other wise. However,for a Muslim person such as yourself to celebrate with those who say God has a son is greater sin since you are Muslim who has recieved the message from Allah in the Quran. If you don't know the Quran try to learn it sister that is an advice from me.

I always celebrate as I take time off for myself and enjoy it, and I even give thanks to myself on thanksgiving, and X-mass I shop for myself loads of stuff and give it to myself, and eastern, I EAT ALOT OF CHOCOLATE. Who knew shopping did any harm during X-mass, and who knew eating chocolate on EASTERN was haram too.

Shopping isn't the problem here, it's what you are shopping for, which in this case is Christmas ( the day believed by Christians Jesus was killed) and Easter his birthday. Both of these holidays that Christians celebrate are big sin because neither of them has any bases whatsoever. Prophet Jesus (Cisa) peace be upon him was lifted to the heavens by the almighty Allah and is still alive. Celebrating with those who believe otherwise is wrong and great sin.

there ought to be bulletin posted somewhere saying what is haram and what isn't. How V-day is haram is beyond me, but I plan on enjoying my dinner out caawa, again, eating dinner never hurt anyone did it? I guess if V-day celebration is out of the question, everything else is out of the question too.

There is already something better than bulletin board that tells you what is Haram and what not; the Quran and Sunnah. All you have to is learn it and practice it. My sister please spit out the rest of valentines chocalate and go repent to Allah at this moment and start thinking about how you would reverse your life towards the straight path. I am saying this because it concerns me having my sister not knowing her own religion and not knowing that celebrating Christmas is Haram.

Assalamu Calaykum.

Sayyid   

Good advice my dear brother, inshallah continue for the 'benefit' of those of 'us' less fortunate to have 'real' knowledge on this kinda issues.

Celebrating christmas (just the name is enough to put you off), which the christians regard as the 'day' Jesus christ was born (their god) inna lillaahi wa inna illeyhi raajicuun, is a big sin against the believe of islaam.

There is no god other than Allaah the glorified! As brother red sea already said he has no 'children', "Allah doesn't beget nor was he begotten"!

On the other hand they celebrate 'easter' such as Good friday, Easter Sunday and Monday, which they believe were three crucial days in which the 'son of god' crucified himself for all the 'sinners' so that they might escape 'hell'. All you do fornication, adultry and mass murder will be forgiven if you confess that jesus 'died' on the cross for 'you', how absurd is that!

Now Hitler, Stalin and all the other godless people would go to 'paradise' because they 'acknowledged that jesus crist suffered for them in order to enjoy paradise. Can you see the paradox and absurdity.

Everyone is responsible for his/her sins and no body can take it away but 'christians' believe that small babies and children will go to hell because they have the 'original' sin from the prophet Adam on their shoulders and unless they're babtised they will all go to hell, how crazy is that?

Someone will be 'punished' for a crime his father of 100 generations ago committed, islaam is a just religion and no one will have to carry the burden/sins of another person!

Even celebrating christmas and 'joining' in, in the 'jolly' mood and greetings is 'haraam' sister, now sit down and reevaluate your belief and learn as brother Red Sea has advised you earlier.

Thanks walaal Red Sea for the 'good' and sound advice you gave to the confused sister!

Katrina   

I leave for a few hours to take care of businezz and what does good for nothing Zafir do? Wh@re himself to the ladies of SOL.

Ahura, you accepted his cheap imitation of a mahogany desk and a fat finger ring...YOU'RE THE OTHER WOMAN!! Thank you Ahura for taking one for the team...enjoy the double standard having, two-timing, cheap, gold digger "man". :mad: :mad:

Zafir,

So what?

Ain't even like I knew you

So what?

Tell your peoples I ain't feeling you

So what?

Don't call me I'll call you

Cause cupid ain't shoot me, he shot you

Urban   

I AM NOT A FEMALE! :mad:

I would let Urban decide who she wants to make her partner in life.

you will know shortly.

I don't want to lock horns with Mr. Zafir over you.

:eek: please dont. dude get away. now.

You folks wrote so much nonsense that I can't be bothered to read all of it. If you didn't sense the sarcasm in my post, please lock yourselves up immediately.

Baluug   

Lots of good opinions and fatwas on valentine's day. What's the point of valentine's day anyways, other than to make business for chocolate, card, and jewelry makers? If your wife really needs a bunch of crap like that in order for her to believe that you love her, you'd be best to find yourself a new wife. You don't see men doing that sh*t, do you?