Sign in to follow this  
Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar

Yahoo asks: Why do Soomaali people all look so similar?

Why do Soomaali people all look so similar?

first of all i need to say that im not at all racist, but to me all somali people look very similar. Do somali people think that british/ americans all look similar? I guess it must be something to do with genetics or something- but how come you cant tell which country other african people come from? no smart as s answers please, thanks for your answers in advance.

Your answers are needed here.

thats really an ignorant observation! my problem is always been, why each person in somali family looks different.

one is dark, or lite or tall or short.. and so on! when i see my family pic, every one looks different.

this person is clueless.

Modesty   

Well it's true, Somalis are recognizable to be from Somalia on sight, with other Africans..you have to ask them what country they're from b/c they all have the same features. Our physical features are different than the rest of Africa..small/long noses, tall/slender build, soft/curly hair (some got nappy hair hehe)..etc etc.I can tell the diff between ethiopian and somali and oromo : )

Chimera   

Do most Somalis have a forehead or is it just a generalized stereotype? cause i don't have one and most folk i know don't either but my 4 1/2 year old nephew does and when he bothers me i grab his head and shake it lol the miskiin can't even free himself cause the size of his head enables a good grip..

Loool@mma

Adigu waxaanaa soo aruurinee.

When I first came to Kenya after the civil war all kenyans looked alike!

As for the somali brother he is just like micheal jackson without the money. Gosh disgusting to see a male whith such insecurity. Dermovet iyo dianaa is la dhac leenahay until he looks more like faraanfar or the back of a monkey.

Baluug   

The person who asked the question has a point. Somalis may come in all sizes and colours(like crayons LOL), they still have those distinguishing features. Maybe it's the forehead, or the eyes, or the nose, but I can usually tell if someone is Somali, I've only been wrong on a couple of occasions. One time a girl i thought was Somali turned out to be Eritrean, and one guy turned out to be Sudanese.

"Do most Somalis have a forehead or is it just a generalized stereotype?"

no thats not true they don't have a forhead, they have a fivehead! I kidd, I kidd. Honestly other Somalis to me can look like other cushitic peoples, arabs or Indians or even African American. honest To God I have all four in my immediate family. I even know Somalis who look korean or chinese. and when Somalis mix, they look like whatever they mixed with. About this forehead obsession, all ethnic groups have both small and large ones. if you ask me, larger one looks better, anyone seen tyra banks fivehead?

Kool_Kat   

They do don't they - haha. Male or female they ALL have short curly hair, large stick out teeth and wear caramel colour plastic shoes with a limp on the left leg.

This reply just cracked me up...Dhurwaaga lee maqlijiray inuu limp gareeyee...LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL...

Yea most and I mean most Somalis do have large forehead and ilko dhaadheer (and I mean pre-braces - waayahaan waala ilbexee)...Other than that we are pretty much mixed...

The only thing that seperates man from the ape is the forehead. People who don't have big foreheads are repulsive!

Long live Somalis and their big, beautiful foreheads!

Cara.   

^We could make a little extra income and rent it out for adverts.

This forehead brought to you by Nikon!

I wouldn't mind the Nike swoosh. Although some girls might have trouble with the "Just Do It" thing.