Sign in to follow this  
Libaax-Sankataabte

Civil War in Kenya. Almost!

wkenya831.jpg

Gravely embittered Barack Obama clansmen (Luo) are locked in a brutal showdown with President Kibaki supporters of the (Kikuya) tribe over the country’s recent presidential election. Years of corruption and ethnic inequality have festered communal tensions in Kenya and this latest rage over the election, in its true manifestation, symbolizes the dreadfulness of a divided tribal society. Kenya has always been a serene enclave surrounded by violent nations such as Somalia, Ethiopia and the Sudan. Kenya’s various ethnic groups have long managed to avoid such immense chaos despite the apparent inequity and economic mismanagement by Kenya’s government. The recent manipulation of the electoral process by Kibaki and his cronies seems to have disturbed Kenya's long tranquility.

In the last few days, more than 300 people were killed, innocent people burned alive in churches and the whole nation is engulfed in what many believe is a civil war. It saddens me to see Kenyans suffering from the “Somali syndrome”. I hope the Kenyan citizens do everything they can to save their nation from becoming another Somalia. It is easy to destroy a nation, but very difficult to rebuild it. Kibaki should respect the democratic process and relinquish power if he cares about his country.

Intel   

politics in Africa dheh.. where tribalism and corruption rule.

extremely unfortunate and unnecessary :(

It is sad to experience more chaos in the region. I hope Kibaki will understand this and will sacrifice his position for the sake of the country.

Scary. i pray for safety of all muslims and innocent ppl there.

Kibaki is selfish i bet if he will give up. he is power greedy just like his african counter parts.

BOB   

Salam Aleikum W.W

You must be out of your mind to expect a kikuyu to be without a corruption especially when that kikuyu happens to be an alcoholic.

Civil war in Kenya wuxuu keenayaa a far worse genocide than the one we saw in Rwanda...May Allah s.w protect all the muslims in this very scary period of time Insha Allah.

Many Somalis both sijui and non-sijui left Nairobi in mass numbers for the Coast (Mombasa, Malindi etc) and for the North East (Garissa, Wajir etc) and those who left their homes include my aging uncle and his wife while their children remained back, my aunt and her kids and another uncle of mine and his family refused to leave citing nothing will happen or the GSU (General Serive Unit) which contain a large number of Somalis will protect us...They once did back in 92...but just!

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.

Matatezo ya Africa haya! Corruption and greedy leaders, most of my family is now making way to the boarders this is madness yani siamini bado 250 people dead some killed with machetes, if these is not genocide in the making I don’t know what is… I just pray it dies out soon

Ps Viking is there on holiday I hope him and his family are safe!

BOB   

Moi aliharibu watu na Huyu Mulevi anataka ku haribu inchi(yetu)...

260 wameshakufa tayari...nimesikiya wengi yao walikuwa wizi...hiyo number itazidi kabla kesho.

Naombeya mungu for my buddy Viking...Beste I hope you didn't go to Kibera.

underdog   

You know some serious threats were made by some people high up when the main man at ECK pulls a complete 180 and says "I Don't know if Kibaki won the election".... WTF?????

Here's a question.... Democracy is a game of numbers, if the result is disputed and irregularities are present, why not just repeat the vote? Hey, Lets do it again.

I heard in some parts of Kikuyu-land the dead came up to vote for Kibaki. 115% voter turn-out. LOL