Sign in to follow this  
Khayr

Race vs. Sex/Gender Obama v. Hillary Clinton

Khayr   

Salams,

I was listening to a talk show this morning and the question was asked - what is more significant in these elections:

• A black man becoming President?
  • A women becoming President?
In terms of the public image of for the states, which would be better?

Can a black president really change RACISM in America, a country that was built on Racism and thrives on Racism?

Can female president change american policy?

Personally, this is just a Circus to me and African Obama Hussein would be a good head for the snake (in terms of world image - from Texas to Motown), however; a snake will always be a snake no matter how many times it sheds its skin.

Faheema.   

^ I reckon neither of them would win, this is just for show to be honest. It would most likely be the Republican, McCain He comes across as ‘moderate’ and appeals to both sides.

NGONGE   

^^ It will almost be a miracle if a Republican wins it. Remember, so far this has been limited to each party and the fight between team mates. When the proper presidential election starts the Democrats will have the chance to use their own (not too secret) weapon. One G. W. Bush. :D

Khayr   

^^^

McCain and any other republican are just extra's (not serious contenders because of their party's recent history) in this Circus thanks to the hard campaigning of Bush for the past 7yrs.

Anyways,

Race or Gender? Pick one and why

NGONGE   

I have a feeling it will be Gender. When push really comes to shove people will play it safe and choose Mrs C instead of Mr Obama.

(that's my guess anyway).

Faheema.   

^ Lol, how could I forget George Bush, Our Illustrious Leader (OIL) :D

Edit: How long has Hillary being campaigning, since 92? And she's still struggling. I think it would come down to race, Obama v McCain, then their rationalization would come down to 'credentials' Obama would look inexperience against McCain who’s a Vietnam War hero and former PoW.

Miriam1   

If Obama wins the nomination, I think he will have a very difficult time against McCain. One is an inexperienced senator and the other is well we all know..a war hero and a lifetime politician.

winnie   

uhm, i think its really ironic how the elections turned up this year. its too good to be true, and too convenient. a black man and a white woman both running for presidency? i mean, yeah sure, it shows how far gone society has come but, isnt it toooo convenient? ionno.

both candidates don't limit themselves or their platform to their personal identity. obama isnt going to solve infrastructural racism in america, and i heavily doubt he'll be able to fix bushes mess but i think most people voting for him are choosing him because he looks and acts the part. personally id pick obama because hes the type of leader you want representing you when meeting other world leaders... we need a somali obama.

Originally posted by thugged out but cant feel my feet:

uhm, i think its really ironic how the elections turned up this year. its too good to be true, and too convenient. a black man and a white woman both running for presidency? i mean, yeah sure, it shows how far gone society has come but, isnt it toooo convenient? ionno.

I know..I get the feeling this whole thing is a farce. Yes they making history by having a candidate who is not a white man...BUT will Barack or Hillary have what it takes to win? sometimes I'm not so sure.

Pujah   

He probably doesn't have a chance at the presidency but I want him to win the democratic nomination just cuz I can't stand that woman.

-Lily-   

I haven’t been keeping up with this campaign… I don't care much for both and frankly I'm quiet sick of the idea that who ever wins will affect the 'whole world' I mean really, who gives a f?

As for Obama, he better have more than his skin colour, need I remind you of another powerful black politician? Our lovely Condoleezza Rice who is doing wonders for the world & the American people on a daily basis…

as for the Clintons, we’ve seen this show before, how boring, do they think it's succession & royalty?