Sign in to follow this  
missy_1

why do men run away from educated sistas?

shyhem   

Originally posted by Conspiracy:

quote:

Okai bro. who on earth is not searching for perfection and excuse me but you said "leds her to forget the touch and feel of the streets" why would anyone wann keep in touch with the streets? and please spare the ghetto is hard and real men and women come from ghetto ... last thing whats wrong about being picky?? damn you should be picky only desperate lonley ppl seattle for anything ...

holla!!!!!

ps; you should look forward to marry a educated sista just incase you die who will take care of your children .. isn't it better to have a wife with degree .. then she could work and support YOUR kids?
if u have done literature studies, by now u should know i used the "streets" as a metaphor and not the way u take it literally.I guess u will understand if i use the common phrase "down to earth"

Secondly i didn't say one shouldn't be picky, neither did i give the impression that one should not strive for perfection.However what i'm stressing is the fact that for every action u take there is equal and opposite reaction.U'r search for perfection shouldn't blind you from the reality.Whats there to picky, when odds are against you.As an educated sista You only have afew guys to pick from and even than there's no guarantee they will be interested in you or whatever u have to offer them.

Did u say when i die?Well in that case its good to be married to an educated sista, however that is not the only option.There is plenty of things a man can do to prepare his family for the future incase he dies.

boycott   

As far i'm concern about educated Somali girls i'm gonna hide under underdog :D

I have to add that, the most educated somali girl i've ever seen in my life came out strait from baadiye institute, all the rest that i met up to now with western degrees are pigmy compared with her. And i weigh my words. Sure educated girls got some points but i know that non cerebral baadiye girl will fit as well :rolleyes:

Men dont run from educated women. It is those dumb merfish dealers that they run from!!. Women want a gentle man with security i.e money, house, car e.t.c and if a guy aint got that then I am sorry but you cant fit the bill. icon_razz.gificon_razz.gif

All sisters are educated in their own rights!!!. I wouldn't say that a sister who is at home looking after the children not to be educated because she is due to her knowing family values therefore being homely educated. smile.gif

Going back to your intriguing question, I would say that educated women go for educated men like myself so whatever education she has then it is good for me coz I will take her the way she is!!! :D

Haneefah   

well actually smart ones don't run away...and the rest hesitate mainly because of fear of rejection...the problem is that most somali people esp guys have this rather ridiculous presupposition that educated girls are arrogant and snotty....hello, thats just plain B.S walahi :rolleyes: you want an example? there's many guys with this sort of theory in this very thread!!

and besides...as they say, shimbir walba shibirteedey la duusha (or sumthing like that) so that should eliminate any kind of frustration between the two ;)

murefu   

educated lady maalaga carari kara waaba okusyoon irada kuso garacay..wat do i want for uneducated girl when i can get educated girl:)

x_quizit   

Well said kruella and benevolent beauty, couldn't have said it better myself...as far as Common is concerned, ladies his name says it all "common" skinny...typical ones out there afraid to face a woman equal to them, perhaps surpassing their IQ that probably is lower than their shoe size.

For those ladies/guys out there blaming the sistas, using names like "attitude" and "arrogance" to describe girls that passed grade 3, all i have to say is a sista has a right to be with someone on the same level in life as her, if she so chooses, why settle for a brotha that has yet to graduate from high school or has no ambition in life other than the khaat and what to order at coffeetime, an educated women for the most part would rather be with a brotha that is going somewhere in life, not one she has to support plus the kids...and these "men" wouldnt be so threatened if maybe the person who posted this topic didnt hit a nerve...just a thought...

peace

Jamster   

Salaams,

Education and Humanness!

It is really farce to assume that by having a degree one becomes a good stock. A degree is a paper that allows one to get a better job; nothing more nothing less. However, education is something more cavernous than the mere paper one gets from college or University.

The definition of which my dear brother Mujahid asked was How can we define education, educated person. My personal classification of such a word would be :: Someone with a vast understanding of their being and contributes to the society positively. This is the actual meaning of an educated person.

Ill-education is the actually ill that pervades into our so called educated boys and girls. One becomes proud because they have read a degree in something abstract as History of Art- what a tosh (to borrow Sophist’s word).

Somali Girls and Education

Walahi, in my search of such an elusive individual, I have come across my treacherous vallies………………………

Mujahid Said:

How do you define an educated sista? such a loose terminology dee. For me the educated sista is not one that is shamelessly looking for the next cheap macangag faarah, on a nonsensical dating frenzy. Rather the educated one is ladylike in public and a freak in private quaters with her husband

MUJAHID OVER AND OUT !

That is Funny

underdog   

I think the real question is why do women run away from uneducated brothas?

would you ladies consider a man with a blue-collar job and a bus pass? Yes? No? Maybe? Depends?.....on what?

Different people need different things as much as you may need a certain kind of person, ask your self if that person needs you

All you educated women (and men) know what it means to have a plan. To know what you are trying to acomplish in life. Do you think that by choosing someone who compliments your "mission path" you are being unfair to the ones you turn down?

A lot of very good points have been made here by some very intelligent people...but it would be a sad sell-out to insult your own intelligence by trying to turn simple rejection into a social phobia and mass conspiracy against education

I do not believe men flee the scene as soon as educated ladies appear on the horizon. Though there is a school of though in the belief that generally speaking men of any race or culture feel threatened by women of class, tenacity, and authority all of which are resultants of education, I on the other hand am strong believer that the more educated the ladies are the better the relationship between partners, the stronger, healthier the family both the nucleus and extended. It is a simple change of lifestyle and circumstances with which most men & women struggle in adjusting, that tends to blur the line, confuse the traditional way of life in which men were the sole breadwinners as were in the primitive, cave man’s days when men had to go preying in the jungle, and women stayed behind rearing their offspring, and creates a gulf in between where preconceived presumptions are abound on all sides.

To the contrary many of us not only view an educated sister as a gift but also encourage that sister get education, for do they not only preserve the culture but also are the very fabric that binds society together. It has been suggested that without them the entire region would have seceded to exist a long time ago judging from the heinous, irresponsible and crude behaviour on the part of men of all ages. This by no means is to suggest that all men are of the same streak. Nor does it suggest to look down or alienate the many who unfortunately had not had the opportunity for education spend their times working their fingers to the bone to make ends meet.

Those of us who could adjust with changing times and become accustomed to new lifestyle shall reap the benefit on both sides whereas those who spend their time reflecting on the events of the past, nostalgia if you will, shall be left on the kerb with the “marduuf in one hand and the fag in another”.

In a nutshell, the more educated the sister is the more appealing, the sexier and glamorous! A sister who knows to conduct herself, handle and care for herself and her man has a lot to be desired for! Does this mean educated sister do? And the same applies to educated brothers.

So long!

Baashi   

I couldn’t help but notice that majority of nomads, who posted their pieces on this thread, presuppose prior conceptions of ‘educated lady’ that are often taken for granted but never spelt out explicitly. I for one have my own view of what the profile of ‘educated lady’ looks like. To me ‘educated lady’ is skilled, Allah-fearing, law-abiding Muslimah whose character is endowed with relatively elusive qualities such as an awareness of the uncertainty and fallibility of knowledge, openness of mind, willingness and ability to doubt and question, personal involvement in knowledge, intellectual curiosity, and the joy of learning.

Two/four year degree from college is good thing to have and certainly will equip one with the knowledge and abilities that are needed for domain-specific purposes in one’s future professions. It is not, however, a license to libel. Our ladies have absolute choice to court with whoever they find worthy of their trust. That’s not the issue here, if I’m not mistaken, it is about the very idea that presupposes ‘educated lady’ and then associates with a disdainfully self-importance profile that is inaccessible to most of the nomads. Some of you got out of your way to justify an exclusionary attitude in which you spelt out ‘hows’ and ‘whys’ a humble nomad be denied the chance to court with such a lady.

The irony in all of this is that the premise of the question (topic) is wrong. We, most of us, don’t run away from ‘educated sister’. In fact, we value their intelligence, humility, and understanding and when I see one I can’t help but say Mansha’Allah.

Haneefah   

Baashi, afkaaga caano lagu qabay walaal, you summed it up very well. I wish if more nomads thought like you.

Originally posted by Baashi:

it is about the very idea that presupposes ‘educated lady’ and then associates with a disdainfully self-importance profile that is inaccessible to most of the nomads.

This is my point exactly. The more these men have this perspective on this issue, the more they push the ladies away.

Common   

x_quizit you seem like one of those ladies that judges every Somali man you see aside from the couple of friends you have. You are the type that sees a brother and immediately thinks LOSER! just like the way you wrote it. But I got one thing for your ignorant ass, we are not all the same and we DON'T care about what you think. You can put all of us educated and not educated brothers in the same boat and call us all sorts of names but guess what, we're still doing our thing. I've noticed it's always the ugly girls that talk all the trash since they don't get no attention from us, x_quizit? well I just hope your not using your name to build up your confidence, since I also noticed butt ugly girls always use fake names to make themselves seem what their not. SHAKING YOU HATERS OFF!

x_quizit   

I see i have hit a nerve..hahahaha....thxs common_skinny, for reinforcing my ideas of lil men like u. Like u, common_skinny, my name reflects me, but if it makes u feel like a bigger man than u are, and if it helps u sleep at night with that big ego in the way, feel free to make urself believe im ugly, we all know u lil men calling girls ugly is only a reflection of the many times u were rejected. Not my fault that God has decided not to bless u with a manhood, nor a brain, but dont take it out on a sista that is wayyyy above ur menial status.

Next time, learn to address ur betters as "majesty",

ur dismissed servant

Common   

x_quizit I don't like arguing with chicks, but how can you posibly say I'm skinny or God has not blessed me? You never seen me shorty!

NASSRA   

hey

i think men run way from educated sist's cuz they think they are the MAN and women kind below them...NO man likes to have wife that makes more money then him...MEN are not use to that...they think since they are MEN they should be the head of everything..

its just my opinion

holla