Sign in to follow this  
Lychee

Commitment issues.

Lychee   

Is it normal for a women to have a commitment phobia?

Maybe I should seek some medical help. :(

I mean, it's usually men who have these issues, right? :confused:

Originally posted by Lychee:

Zack: Who's JB, she/he maxuu yahay?

Eng: lol me and you both. Maxaan samayna?

May be we have the same perspective about life and marriage.

Lychee   

Eng: Well my take on marriage is that it's SUPPOSE to unite two people together on the basis of love, understanding, co-operation and mutual advice, yet it often ends in a disaster.

Sherban: lol do you think jin aya igu jira?

disaster

Thanks God you have mentioned this word,They say the institution of marriage is one of the most primitive ones to exist in the world and great emphasis is put on the invidual to get married and raise a family,but for many their lives are put in danger or simply upside down because of this institution.The though of confining your self to one person who might become boring after a life is scary to me.

I am more open to cooperation and co-habitation which is likely to succeed if is based on practical approaches rather on what society or our feelings dicatate.

I mean, it's usually men who have these issues, right? :confused:

This isn't the 1950s: commitment phobia should no longer be thought of as a phenomenon exclusive to men; women can fear the thought of being anchored down, as well.

Blessed   

Eng: Well my take on marriage is that it's SUPPOSE to unite two people together on the basis of love, understanding, co-operation and mutual advice, yet it often ends in a disaster.

It also often succeeds into healthy and loving relationships but if it did end in disaster would that kill you? Life isn't a walk in the park babes, we all get tested some way or another and we often move on, grow and find happiness / peace / security once again. smile.gif

p.s these feelings are normal but most people get over it.

NASSIR   

It does often ends in disaster only when you seek the advice of others (who might not appreciate your marital well-being), which the act by itself triggers a drain of confidence in yourself and that of your (potential) husband or wife. There are a lot of benefits your soulmate brings to the table (kids, happiness, and love) and you must be able to recognize, reciprocate, compromise and keep it from harm.

I think women are mostly emotional and vulnerable to outside intervention (status pressure) and thus strip, so it is better that men usually exercise extra caution and discount attempts to strip them of their domain of responsibility. (eg. In American civil law, abduction is the act of taking away one's wife or child by means of fraud, persuasiion or violence, but the wife could not maintain such action. 54 P.847) Which can be deduced from the precedence how critical is it a recognition of such prescriped role expectation between a man and his wife is for matrimonial harmony.