Old_Observer

Does Djibouti, Somalia, Sudan, Eritrea, Somaliland, Ethiopia, Kilil, Kenya have "deep state"

Every nation worth its salt has a deep state.  Every nation worth its salt must have a deep state.

Every nation worth its salt cannot be without a deep state.

That is the accepted norm. Read the link if you want real down to earth explanation.

https://www.mintpressnews.com/deep-state-101-primer-prescription/241682/

If you say yes, please describe which are the deep state club in each country or territory.

Kilil:

Of course has deep state. Members of the deep state are in Dirdawa, Qebri Dahar, Hargeisa, Djibouti, Addis Ababa and some small towns I don't think is right to mention. Members of the deep state of kililka are businessmen, intellectuals, Ulema, ex-fighters for independence from Ethiopia and a new group of Technology savy modern and metropolitan in many countries. The deep state influenes the kililka through the annual pre-Ramadan conference, through Ethiopian federal government diplomacy, trade, security activities, Ethnic and tribal connections with all countries and territories around, membership in good standing on the fight against terrorism, etc

How does one detect if Ulema and religious leaders are part of the deep state in kililka.

One very clear indicator:

There has never been any government decision that was critisized on religious grounds. Either the decision has been checked before hand or is sourced from doesn't matter, what matters is that not one has been found to conflict with the faith.

For example: Condemnation of ICU and accusation that ICU is terrorist clanish hidden under religious garb was unanimous across kilil. The government did not have to say anything. The religious leaders exposed ICU for what it was and the job was done so easily. You still can't see the deep state in kililka? Do you need another indicator?

15 minutes ago, Oodweyne said:

But coming back to the notion of deep state, it's basically how things are done. And every nation (including Somaliland) has them. Moreover, the caliber of the folks who naturally formed the "members" of the deep state and how "public-spirited" they are goes to some length in explaining away whether that state in question and its society are one in which a smooth functioning of order and civilized conduct is known there. Or whether that society (and the nation they form) is one in which Hobbes will recognized it, rather melancholicly, particular as a nation in which life of its people is but "short, nasty and brutish". 

Come on my friend, spill some of it here in SOL country. Some meat to the theory and generalities.

Thank you Oodweyne. That gives a good picture.

I will make Ethiopia last, since everybody has something to say of the inner workings of Ethiopia, right or wrong.

I will ask it on the Igal thread, but what transpired between him and Obtidon was some typical Somali suspicion and mistrust, even though Igal was open and straight forward. Ghelleh sees to have followed Obtidon advice on Soaliland and Ethiopia to the smallest bit.

galbeedi   

OO,

I am sorry but i have to put a heavy rain in your parade. I can't let this go by without saying anything, otherwise your propaganda will continue.

Like MMA said, streighten up your argument before you compare regions and countries.

There is certain deep state or stakeholders in Somaliland mainly (elders, business people, Ulema,  and others ) who try to clean up after politicians and calm down the situation. 

You have no any sense of decency to claim that there are people who have voices in Somali Galbeed. The only deep state is Cabdi Illey and Illey alone. There are no Ulema in the Kilil, and they will do whatever they are ordered to do. They can not even call the Maqrip prayer while he is talking., if you know what maqrip prayer means.

Yet all that might change. The demos had arrived in Jijiga as we speak.

His new slogan " Dib U curasho" in order to lead again is rejected.

Furthermore, have  you ever been in Djibouti?, I think not.

Today in Djibouti you must have at least three pictures of president Ghelle in your office or else just like king Salmaan. Even if you leave politics alone , you can not run any private business without his blessing. 

There is no deep state but one man state. 

I guess you like to insult our intelligence from time to time. I thought you dropped your computer generated posts lately, but you started over again. 

galbeedi   

Here in our region Harowo, Illey has deployed thousands of soldiers to stop any demonstrations. If Harowo follows Shiniile, the game might be over.

FB_IMG_1525600540012.jpg?resize=720%2C96Lafaciise(SBN)Wararka naga soo gaadhaya dhamaan magaaloyinka Dagaamada Harawo ayay dadku diideen dalab uga yimiday Maamulka dagmooyinka Awbare Dharwanaaje iyo Danbal in dadwaynuhu idugu soo baxaan banaan baxyo lagu taageerayo madaxwaynaha  Hagraday Harawo oo hada duufaano lagaga soo hor jeedaan kililka ka Socdaan.

FB_IMG_1525600567121.jpg?resize=713%2C96FB_IMG_1525600573904.jpg?resize=713%2C96FB_IMG_1525600548718.jpg?resize=713%2C96FB_IMG_1525600557568.jpg?resize=713%2C96FB_IMG_1525600540012.jpg?resize=720%2C96

Share this:

1 hour ago, Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar said:

Yaa, Xabashi, don't compare countries with a gobol. If you want to include a gobol. then add Oromiya and Amxaara regions as well.

Absolutely, why not. I just did not want a very long topic and most SOLers seem interested in Somali enclaves except few.

1 hour ago, galbeedi said:

Like MMA said, streighten up your argument before you compare regions and countries.

Anyone can add countries or states/provinces which he/she thinks qualify to have deep state.

1 hour ago, galbeedi said:

The only deep state is Cabdi Illey and Illey alone. There are no Ulema in the Kilil, and they will do whatever they are ordered to do. They can not even call the Maqrip prayer while he is talking., if you know what maqrip prayer means.

Now you are over the top. How cowardly, how dehumanized are you trying to make the people of the kilil, just to make a point against Iley.

There is a million points you can make against Illey in politics, economics, technology...without resorting to tell us that the people of the kilil are afraid of or respect Iley more than their prayers as per their faith. That is beyond the pale.

BTW Iley is a public figure and if you believe that he is the only one who influences and makes decisions then no point talking about deep state.

7 hours ago, cadnaan1 said:

Almost all the culima from Somali galbeed are exiled and based in Nairobi.

Now another one over the top. cadnaan1, I do not want to name names, but I am here to show you which one you have in ind and at heart when you say are in Kenya.

Is it only Aweys endorsed and in return endorsing Aweys that is your criterion for Ulema? Is it issuing fatwa to assasinate a list of Somalis in the kilil that is your criterion for Ulema?

Actually that person would have been killed if the kililka people had same criterion and Wahhabi sect Saudi style. The kilil people consider themselves most tolerant, most respectful and most caring when it comes to faith. It showed during problems with next kilil the Oromo.