Sign in to follow this  
Faarax-Brawn

Doofartii Xalay......

OK,Misleading title. :D

Have you ever wondered about how some Songs are like wacked out? For instance, this song,when sang by Mahad Indhodeyro,(am sure sang before by someone else) goes like...Doofartiii(Doofantii) Xalay,markaan gogosha kugu tabay,kaa eeegay dhinacyada....Something something.

LOL, What heck is doofantii anyway? And why would he dream of her in bed? War balo? Where is Xiin,Baashi,Paragon,Nuune & all you Somali loving bunch? Someone Decipher this crazy song for me. :confused:

Do you know of out of this world lyrics? Have you heard of a song and you totally sang it one way only to be scoffed at,laughed at & ridiculed? Or is it just me & my sujuu folks la waabsanayo? LOL :D

War nadaayo,fix your weired lyrics Somali Maxamadee icon_razz.gif

Nephissa   

L000L. War ma maskaxdaydaa ku dhex jirtaa? When I read the title first thing that came to mind was that song! Waxan moodi jire in dadka kale ninkan hadalkisa fahmaan oo aniga lee dhagaha jug ka qabo oo doofaar u haysto wuxuu leeyahay.

I have that song on my ipod along with Maryan Mursal's [Anigu Naa haygu oran..naruurana hayga sugin..noloshaanna ma rabo..] I love how she's advocating single motherhood :D .

Nephissa   

[/qb]

Have you heard of a song and you totally sang it one way only to be scoffed at,laughed at & ridiculed?

Yes. Tastara oo wada wantaay.. :D

Goofaartankii xalay

markaan gogosha kugu tabay

kaa eegay goonyaa

kaa waayey garabkayga ilmo gobo ma iga tiri..

Jacayl kaama guuroo

gu'ga kuuma tiriyoo

gaboow kuguma daayee.

Hope that will help, for those somali- challenged folks ( Ok somali songs lyrics challenged)

When I listened to the song, I literally repeated that part over and over again ""doofaartii xalay"", as in lastnight's pig, lol...so, I went and had my sister listen to it one day because I couldn't believe what I heard, and she swore thats not what I have heard, and said he probably meant something else, then I had my mother listen to it, she came to the same conclusion. No one agreed with what I have heard with my own two ears, so apparently, I was right all along, lastnight's pig was sang by that artist, but I do love the song, especially when I play it on the rush hour commute in the morning, gets me rolling, especially about "doofaartii xalay" hehehe.

lol@cow, I meant lastnight's pig...

[ September 06, 2007, 05:37 AM: Message edited by: LayZieGirl ]

^Loooool. Hooy,Since when did a Doofar become a cow? :D Subxanalah,Talk of being Somali challenged,LOL

Ducayasane,Thank you very much. Which reminds me of that song,Ducaysane wiilkeygaygoo...I always thought inuu dhahayo; Duqeysane wiilkeygayoo,ano dhagaa yar baan kudhalay,dabadeed waxan galay askari[You know Samatar with his hoax voice nooh] :D

Nephissa   

"Waloo dheelo aa tahay,

hadana..

la dhaqankiyo..

dhunkashada ku wacan tahay"

Is it just me or this dude singing the duet with Saynab 2-dhagax is saying dhunkashada?