Sign in to follow this  
Nephissa

Full Disclosure or Not?

-Lily-   

I know it’s easier for us to say since we’re not in that persons shoes but in some ways, deception could be worse than shallowness.

Originally posted by Nephissa:

If a girl has a disability that's not noticable in plain view, do you think she should disclose it to her potential suitor right away, Or do you think she should cover it up?

Depends if the condition is one of great importance or significance to the suitor. Being unable to have children for example or carrying a life threatening disease like AIDS is pretty much a must tell.

If its not of real importance to share then you can reveal it all along the way with discretion, of course. No need to rock the boat if its not neccessary, my motto is- treat people on a need to know basis.

NGONGE   

I do not know about the rest of you but the married ones here should know better. What utter nonsense is this topic?

It reminds me of all those innocent airheads (who mostly happen to be girls, with the odd guy here and there) that have a list of demands when it comes to marriage.

Should I ask him to get tested for STDs?

Should we agree on what kind of contraception to use?

Would it be a good idea to ask him to go through a lie detector test?

Would it be rude to ask him to present me with a full list of his financial history and tax payments?

Is it weird to ask him for a copy of his criminal record or should I just do my own research?

Does he, his family or his ancestors suffer from or ever suffered from any hereditary diseases, disabilities or ailments?

Which side of the bed does he normally sleep in? It will be impossible to share the same bed if he sleeps on the right. I ALWAYS sleep on the right side!

Does he usually sleep on a soft or hard mattress? I have a slight back problem. I can NOT sleep on hard mattresses!

I would like to stay at work but the money I earn will be mine and mine alone. He is the man and he should provide for both of us. Is this fair? Should I tell him in advance or just let it happen when the time is right?

He claims to have a degree in advanced maths but he could not memorise my phone number the first time I gave it to him. I had to write it down for him. Should I now ask him to show me his certificates?

He is nice, funny and caring. But I've been having sleepless nights worrying that he may have a potbelly! It is not visible when he's fully dressed. How could I ask him to show it to me without it coming across as a..err..come on?

Should I ask him if he has any kinky preferences now or should I wait until we are married? I do not want to be shocked by any unusual requests later.

And the questions go on and on and on.....

You know, the older I get the more sexist I become. Bloody women! Grrrrr.

Faheema.   

Originally posted by
NGONGE:

It reminds me of all those innocent airheads (who mostly happen to be girls, with the odd guy here and there) that have a list of demands when it comes to marriage.

You sexist old fart icon_razz.gif