Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

HINDI FANS

Khayr   

I miss the indian ghettos in the UAE where they would have the Big Cinema with the 3hr movie on thursday night.

Disco Dancer was huge back in the early 80's.

P....I gotta admit dubbing movies was funny. I remember watching western with three main characters who respectively had Q-aldaan, Xamari, and mods forgive me A-bgaal accents. It was simply hilarious.

Val....Maybe you liked and remember the actors. They were your Pitts & Clooneys.

The best hindi movie i watched, Kal Ho Naa Ho ! please go see it, You will thank me. Its the best best movie in the whole wide world. you will be in tears! i watched over and over , and it makes cry every time.(you just cant stop crying).

I hated the idea of watching Indian movies in the 80s due to the fact I couldnt understand the language though they were very common second to Rocky. Everyone just loved them mithun chakaraboti, Amitah Bachaan etc .Recently thanks to the DVD era with english subtitles(and the ability to fastforward all the songs n dances)Ive managed to watch a few movies.My indian freinds forced me to watch MUNABAI (the new version- loved the part - Goooooooodmorning Mumbai!), PRIDE and Prejudice, which I enjoyed and a movie called WAQT, I have never cried in my entire life like the evening I watched that movie; effortlessly, tears were just flowing.The minute I finished watching it I couldnt recognise my face on the mirror - red shot eyes, puffy eyelids and mouth and runnynose.... eww A zombie, my indian freind won the bet 'If you watch this movie you wont stop crying' me acting tough said ok,I had to buy him something which had chocolate - so they got chocolate fudge and a laugh. I had to hide that evening in my room next morning still had puffy eyelids and a runny nose, pretended Ive caught a flu.

Malika   

Indian movies were the centre of our entertainment world as kids,growing up in a dominant Indian neighbourhood,most sunday afternoon were spent glued on the tv set watching the latest indian movie on video...and later go for a stroll by the indian ocean and buy lots of food to eat,e.g kachoris,bajia, mango with chill paper,barbequed casava with salsa,mixi and drink madafu juice..what a life!!

Miriam1   

Ahhhhh a topic on of the few best things in the world. Bollywood movies...Best ones I have so far fallen in love with EVERYTHING BY SHAHRUKHAN!...specially "Paheli" being a sci-fi fan, a hindi love story with a GHOST is just crazy. Next one is DEVDAS, and Kabi Kuch Kabi Gham, and Can't wait for the new movie the Time piece with Ash, and Hrithk?

Best thing next to Masri Tv Series..

JUSTICE   

nothing comes next to a Bollywood movie these days. I only go to the cinema to watch indian movies, they are more entertaining than the pathetic American movies.

KOL HO Na Ho left me in tears.

Khabi Kushi Khabi Gham made me fall in love with indian movies.

Khabi Alvida Na Kehna, the story was great, Sharukhan the married man falls in LOVE with another married lady,what a story!!

Salam ishq, a funny romantic movie.

Dor was a great story.

Life in Metro, the songs in the movie were amazing.

Umaro Jaan, you wouldn't stop admiring the beauty of Aishwari Rai.

and the list goes on....

I think nothing can beat the famous DISCO DANCER ,,, the best of all,

I still have it in my computer ,,,,,

The best part of the indian movies are the songs ,,, and the group dancing ,,,,,,

more movies:

Qurban

Sholay

Love 86

G 9

Anyone remember ???? :D

roobleh   

Talking about good movies, not indian, reminds me those two:

1.One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

2.The Usual Suspects

Best movies ever to watch!

I am still trying to find the Chinatown dvd.

PS. JB, sorry that I am not an indian movies'fan.

the best hindi movies were those in the 80s ,,, i think i started with Disco Dancer some time in 83/84 but there was one before that ,, i cannot remember now

Adiga maaba Mutun taqaanid? Kaba sii daran Disco Dancer sideedameyadii fiirsatay? Gaal inaa raaci jirtaa ku mooday waayadaas.

Ayaa ma disgoo dhaansaa [the way Soomaalida ugu dhawaaqi jireen waagaas] halmar ayee Xamar wada qabsatay, runtii. Meel walba ka shidnaan jirtay. Aniga koley first time aan xasuusto inaan arkay inay ahayd 85 aan u maleynaa, anoo markaas shan jir ahaa. Wali markaas still iyadoo caan ahayd. It was even more especial to my older brother who even memorized the Hindi words that he eventually mastered, even turning the song into a whistle tune. (Sindigii meera gaaaaana[?])

Jilaayaasha ama atooriyaashii aan ugu jeclaa waxee ahayeen kuwa with the least songs in their movies, such as: Canjeex [dadka Xamar deganaa Canjeex ayee dhihi jireen; mid indha buuran ayuu ahaa oo dheer], Daraamandar iyo Faaris [Jajandara].

Kaaba laadarkii aan aad ugu heli jiray: Amjid Khaan [Mr. Butac Uusbuur]. :DYuulka Disgoo ma xumeyn, waana mid, sida ka muuqato magaciis, kusoo caanbaxay filinkaas Disco Dancer. Kaaba ahaan Shakti ayaa ugu necbaa, marax uu ahaa.

Yaa iloowi karo hee Mutun, whose hair style have been copied by endless boys in mid and late '80s. Koofinda ma xumeyn, too; so is Anil Kabuur.

Dhanka gabdhaha Sahro Deefi [Sridevi] ayaa ugu jeclaa, balaayo indha waa weyn.

Hiba Malmaliina [Hema Malini] iyo Cali Dheere ayaa ugu maraxsanaa. They were overrated.

Som@li   

Growing up,I loved Indian movies,and I still like them,I bought couple of DVDs while visiting India,last year.

In early 1990s,Back home,I used to even ran a small cinama, mostly dominated by Indian movies.

The Fav movies for me were

1-Sholay, Darmendra is best ever!

2-Kuch Kuch Hota Hai

3-Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham--Sometimes Happy, Sometimes Sad!

amrish-puri.jpg

Does anyone remember Indha Caagle, Amrish Puri, was indeed the best villain in bollywood! He died in 2005.