Sign in to follow this  
Haneefah

Peaceful protest rally against cartoons in Toronto

Castro   

Originally posted by Lidia:

I'm puzzled that when an Imam, a religious teacher, says all prophets are sacred...no one has stepped up publicly (that I have seen) to defend the others at any time in the past. I find this lack of continuity a puzzling paradox that doesn't make sense. So, my question to you is, where was the public support when the other prophets received the same ridicule?

Can you spell hypocrisy? No wait, that's too harsh. How about ignorance? No that's too harsh as well. What about misled?

Atheer it's a good question but I suspect the response you might receive (probably from Khayr) is that our prophet is the most honorable man that ever lived. That this is true is without a doubt but that we dishonor his legacy every day is another matter altogether.

I too await anyone who could tackle Lidia's question.

Khayr   

Salamun,

Originally posted by Lidia:

where was the public support when the other prophets received the same ridicule?

1. We are of the Ummah of Muhammed (salallahu caliyhe wasilm), so although we love the Anbiya, we don't follow their Sharias/Laws i.e. the Shariah of Nabi Isa or Nabi Musa.

2. The Prophet Muhammed (salallahu caliyhe wasilm)is the Messenger first and foremost to thosse that follow his Message/his Risalah. Thus, since as Muslims we follow his message (salallahu caliyhe wasilm), that relationship btwn the Messenger and his followers is very strong and is part and parcel of being a muslim-note the Shahada.

So Lidia,

Maybe that question can be posed to Christians, as to why they didn't fight hard enough when Jesus was mocked in a photo or movie?

Maybe, you can ask your fellow neighbor as to where their PUBLIC SUPPORT is for the PROPHETS?

Prophet Muhammed (salallahu caliyhe) and his Ummah are being insulted, so why can't you ask your Neighbor to stand up and show a public support for Prophet Muhammed (salallahu caliyhe)?

Question,

Do you love ALL YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS the SAME WAY, SAME LEVEL?

If your honest answer is no and your mother happens to come first, father,etc., then inshallah, you might come to understanding a response to your own question.

On a side note,

One thing i've noticed from all this is that the MEDIA does a job of SENSATIONALIZING and MAGNIFYING anything and ALL that is done by MUSLIMS that the POPULAR SENTIMENT does not support. A chant of Allahu Akbar, is scrutunized and the camera magnifies the muslim's eyes, lips, moustache and beard 10x, such that the muslim becomes VILLIFIED and the average person says-OH, that Muslim, WHAT A MONSTER? Can't he/she just sign a petition and stop these protests?

The MASS POPULACE becomes INCULCATED with these NEGATIVITIES.

With the time used to argue about this topic, You could use it to teach others about our noble prophet muhammad s.c.w.

Please people, realize the base for all of this arguments is lack of knowledge.

Now, If you want to continue, please at least educate each other of this issue. :(