Sign in to follow this  
Lychee

Haallow

Tumaa kaluunkii iyo biiniskii laysku shiili jiray iska daysay oo baratay garawgii iyo
quote:

qarmacdii?

Ereygaas baryahan ma maqal, thanks for reminding me huuno

-Qarmac

-Faracad

-Garaax

-Garoow or Hadhuudh yar yare

Lychee   

Off topic.

Would you ever forgive a friend who watched you get sexually assaulted?

:confused:

I’m asking this question because I was reading the book ‘’The Kite Runner’’ the other day, and Amir watched his friend Hassan get raped and he done absolutely nothing to prevent it from happening. Yet Hassan never held any animosity towards Amir. I know it’s just a work of fiction, but it doesn’t stop you from thinking...

I would think it would be really difficult if not impossible.

I remember reading The KIT Runner by Khalid Hussain awhile ago and it was really interesting but SAD as well! Its beautifully written and enjoyed reading it.

I was thinking the somali minorites got it bad but when I read it, I realized maybe somalis aren't the worst in terms of how minorities are mistreated.

Lychee   

^I agree. I don’t think I could even classify that as a friend. You know Hasaan was a Hazara, and Hazaras have faced persecution from the Pashtuns and have been forced to flee from many parts of today's Afghanistan to Hazarajat, just like in the novel.

Is it not like how us Somali people look down upon ‘midga-an’ people and isolate them?

Jacpher   

^I don't find people looking me down or feel any isolation. People get over any animosity against family or friends over time.

What the heck is Qarmac?

Lychee   

Not to me, it’s irrelevant.

But If you’ve ever been back home, you’d notice that people within that tribe often live in secluded areas, if a man within that tribe would want to marry a girl from another tribe and vice versa, he/she and their kids would suffer, in most cases they'd never be seen as an equal.

Most people are conceited and they’d like to think they’re more superior to others, I guess its all part of the social order.

Jacpher   

^That was in the 90s. No more. The fatter the wallet, the greater power is the norms now back home. Sheekadii hore laga tag.

Cabdow   

I can honestly say, most of the madhib'aan's that I have met/seen are more Gob and decent people than some of the laandheer's that i have seen or came across.

I think odayaashii suuqa u galay back in the days to propogate this myth ( may Allah forgive them) arin khair qaba kameynan talin!

i thought that is a thing of the past now ,i do have friends from such communities, and (God forbid) i dont feel i'm more superior to them as Lychee said, i have also seen many inter marriages between communities here. may be in reer bariga more liberal yihiin than others?