Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

Business ideas

Abtigiis   

I am seriously considering starting a business.

I am almost getting into the food business. I mean after what I see in London, Zaytun, Village, Salaama, I am thinking this is a hot area to put your money in. It is not a big issue. Renting a good house, finding a good manager who naturally should be from Tolka, and calling Universal TV to witness people eating deliciosu food. You can even show the same food they show in other restaurants. By the way, there is one old who is in each of the ads for those three restaurants I mentioned.

Abtigiis   

Waryaa I didn't finish what I wanted to say. That line and topic appeared by error. Yet, you have already given ideas.

I would like to have your inputs as to what you think will be a good business in London, Nairobi, Dubai and SOuth Africa. I have been close to go for the proposal from Maputo, but Siciid Dheere says he cannot guarantee the containers of consumables will not be captured by Pirates. I am known to be risk-averse in Business. This is not dating a girl in her own house, where the maximum is to be chased away with indignity and that is it. This is money and one needs to focus.

One guy I relied on for ideas in Jo'burg dissapointed me yesterday after he gave me a litany of bad news about virtually any project I had in mind. Buying shares in Xawaalad, he says no. Super-market in decent place, no. Only later did the old man told me that the guy is doing both businesses. The business guy told me to venture into Angola. There, I won't try. BOB has been there for a while and still remains a Bachelor.

Abtigiis   

OZ, seriously, the first proposal I looked into was Shidaal. Not to set up a station, but to supply to fuel stations. The idea was good but later the guy who came with the idea said we will be five in sharing the profit. An Indian Mu'azzin who has a valid license for importing fuel, himslef, me, his Gacanyare and some one at the source. Imagine none of them are contributing to the initial capital.

But, maybe you are right, kaalin shidaal back home will do. Encouraging. I will call Abdi Qaalin-gatay now.

Oz   

^ Aghgh! that was one dirty petrol pump eh. dude try petrol pumps send them to Somalia. first trip you may loose everything, but second round you'll be laughing. :DGacantaada baa dhunkaneysa/ shumineysaa runti.

Abtigiis   

If I didn't get a good thing i can venture into in the coming two weeks, It may be too late. Last night, the business man In Jo'burg told me all about not rushing and how wise it is to wait for the right opportunity. I didn't oppose him, as he was the one who invited me to his house for Afur. But I almost told him what I know. If I don't do something with what I have now, I may end up marrying two more woman soon.

Circumstances are also conspiring against me too. The wife will leave to Homeland for a long leave. As if contrived for maximum irony, the former sweetheart is landing in this part of the world, finally settling to marry a bucolic man who is selling things in one of the dangerous locations. Someone who saw her told me she is doing this to get at me: virtaully some kind of self-punishment to haunt my conscience. To say it is you who left me with no alternative.

Markaa, I have to move fast walaalayaal.

The Zack   

^The first decision you wanna make is the location of where you want to start the business. The kind of business you want to start will depend on the location of the business.

P.s. Did you go to London to meet Abdi Ileey? LOL

Abtigiis   

Abdi Iley is a petty creature. I was very annoyed by the preoccupation with this man. Waryaa anagu ninkan we use to give him few Ethiopian Birr to carry electricity polls to our parents homes. No that I mean he can not achive big things by his sweat, but he has gone up to the stage with being an informer and women inmattes torturer.

Ninkaa waxay Oga.denku kaga mashquulsan yihiin eey kaga mudaaharaadan wali ma fahmin. My only reflection was perhaps teh ONLF guys abroad are so insecure. Waaban ka shakiyey,our dispora branch.

The Zack   

I see your point, have you seen his interview with ETN? He was asked why are these people protesting against you and his reply was these people are Eritreans. He is nuts, I am telling ya!

The ONLF supporters were trying to stop any kind of town hall meetings and they were successful with that. They know this guy is not sane and doesn't really deserve to be protested against. They just didn't want the uninformed community members misinformed about the xaaladda of the region. Believe me or not dad baa jiro qashin kasta is aamini. Kulahaa oGdenia has 1,500 schools.

Abtigiis   

There are lot of what we used to call 'hyena schools' around. Structures built but giving no service. Even if he counts all of these, which are primarly constructed to get kick backs from contractors, it will be maybe 1/10 of what he is saying. But he should have been asked what the enrolllment and drop-out rates, student-teacher ratios, student-textbook rations are. He should answered how many teachers the region have? But again he can say 15,000. Does he care?

The guy who led the delegation is more reasonable. Abdifatah was my friend and is educated. But he has a terrible sickness of sychophancy. He would often tell a lie in interviews and later tell me 'soo si fiican uma jaah-warerin' when we worked togather. But,by far, he is someone you can sit and reason with, evn with his low self-awareness predicament.

The Zack   

Even if those empty schools are counted there is no way the number can even get close to what he claims. Lakin he can make all the claims he wants illeen waa iley e. Yea I agreee AbdiFatahaas talks more reasonably and kinda knows what he is talking about. Loooooooool@'soo si fiican uma jaah-warerin'. Wuuba fiican yahay if he knows he is BS'ing when he talks about the developments they have achieved in the region.

Word on the street is that General Osman came back to London yesterday right after these guys left to make sure they didn't bring any confusions and divisions to the community, sheekadaas ma maqashay?