Sign in to follow this  
cynical lady

Somali refugees

Malika   

Indeed its depressing and frustrating,when every day one is bombarded with fresh news of atrocities/destitution of fellow country men and women.The news of the atrocities and injustice across many Islamic countries,are painful to observe,What is one to do? Just continue to feel frustrated and depressed?

One should pray for them, give to charities that are known to be working in those areas.

The Prophet [sAW]]said:

"The dua of a Muslim for his brother (in Islam) in his absence is readily accepted. An angel is appointed to his side. Whenever he makes a beneficial dua for his brother the appointed angel says, 'Aameen. And may you also be blessed with the same.'" [sahih Muslim].

I was just lecturing my daughter about thinking and being in remembrance of those behind you,rather then being focus on those before you in terms of 'worldly wealth'..[i dont know how much she comprehended as I was waving my hands too much,and my voice getting too emotional,am sure she was wondering, when is this woman gonna burst in tears]

:D