Sign in to follow this  
Jabhad

Cairo street crowds target women

Khalaf,

Do us all a favour by dropping the pretense. You aint fooling nobody with this facade of objectivity. Like any evidence will really dissuade you from your absurd belief that women are treated better in muslim societies for no reason other than that that society is Islamic.

Khalaf   

yo SB and u are the objective and unbiased one right? The person who is always against Islam and its traditions.

Yes women are more liberted and i repeat liberted i know that is a shock to u OMG :eek: say what.... in Muslim lands then in the west.

Go here: http://www.somaliaonline.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=007091;p=6

and answer those questions: Show us how the west is morally superior to the Muslims.

Zafir   

Artist: EMF

Song: Unbelievable Lyrics

"The things, you say

Your purple prose just gives you away

The things, you say

You're unbelievable"

Originally posted by Khalaf:

The person who is always against Islam and its traditions.

What is that even mean?

Yes women are more liberted and i repeat liberted i know that is a shock to u OMG :eek: say what.... in Muslim lands then in the west.

And HOW do we determine that? How does one falsify your contention? "Liberated" is an idea, not a tangible. It's like passing aesthetic judgement on Monet's paintings over Picasso's. WHo decides? You? Some other art critic/admirer? Saying women are more liberated in muslim countries is meangingless uttering. Exercise in futility with no redeeming epistemic payoff.

Show us how the west is morally superior to the Muslims.

I don't think the West is morally superior for morality is not something we can weight and get decisive answer. More importantly, morality is relative. Who decides which morals are superior and which aren't? One can only pass proximate valued judgement based on many things (familiarit for example or reason or results etc). Someone else will disagree for equally good reasons. You know why? Moral superiority is an illusion, it doesn't exist in the real world. It's a question, by the way, that has been raging for more than 2000 years with no sight of denouement. So really, why bother?

NGONGE   

^^^ Heh. Where the hell did you get that song from? :D

Next you'll be colouring us bad ;)

As for the topic, don't panic people, don't panic. Waxa la yedhi that the girls being attacked were American spies trying to snuff out excited Eid El Feter celebrators in case they turn out to be future terrorists.

ps

NORTH,

You got it wrong about the Egyptian police. They actually have a division called 'Police Al Adaab' that deals with these issues and arrests anyone that breaks the law (unless that someone has some good connections of course).

I remember a few years ago when a shed load of teenagers were arrested for worshipping the devil! They really were only Rock & Roll fans but the government and the police were having none of it and spread the story about devil worship (by order of Hosni himself). It took a long while for the families to get their children out.

Khalaf   

Originally posted by Socod_badne:

And HOW do we determine that? How does one falsify your contention? "Liberated" is an idea, not a tangible. It's like passing aesthetic judgement on Monet's paintings over Picasso's. WHo decides? You? Some other art critic/admirer? Saying women are more liberated in muslim countries is meangingless uttering. Exercise in futility with no redeeming epistemic payoff.

Easy really: Compare and Contrast the two systems and which system are human beings better off. This is simple idea, no need to complicate it man “no redeeming epistemic payoff” kulaha....simplicity is the best way to discuss issues.

I don't think the West is morally superior for morality is not something we can weight and get decisive answer. More importantly, morality is relative. Who decides which morals are superior and which aren't? One can only pass proximate valued judgement based on many things (familiarit for example or reason or results etc). Someone else will disagree for equally good reasons. You know why? Moral superiority is an illusion, it doesn't exist in the real world. It's a question, by the way, that has been raging for more than 2000 years with no sight of denouement. So really, why bother?

I disagree. we don’t need a decisive answer, there would always be those who disagree however this doesn’t mean u cant compare and contrast two different systems and review which system is for the good of mankind. But I think u right why bother.

Cara.   

Khalaf,

Compare and Contrast the two systems and which system are human beings better off.

Yeah, but better by what standards? Individual liberty? Security? Longevity? What would you use as an objective measure of superiority? Give it a go, establish one way in which one system is clearly better than the other.

N.O.R.F   

ps

NORTH,

You got it wrong about the Egyptian police. They actually have a division called 'Police Al Adaab' that deals with these issues and arrests anyone that breaks the law (unless that someone has some good connections of course).

I remember a few years ago when a shed load of teenagers were arrested for worshipping the devil! They really were only Rock & Roll fans but the government and the police were having none of it and spread the story about devil worship (by order of Hosni himself). It took a long while for the families to get their children out.

lool@ 'Police Al Adaab'b], are they like the secret police of KSA who roam the malls with bluetooth mobile phones pretending to be women?