Sign in to follow this  
Lui

Tourism in Somalia

Simply_I   

yes ive watched the c4 documentary.

It was sooo fake!!

I've been to mogadishu this summer and it didnt look as though there were any terrorists around.

Actually it was very peaceful apart from a few killings between people who had disputes with one another.

If you dont bother anyone and go about your business none will waste their time on you really. It's like walking in brixton jus avoid dodgy behaviour and dadka isku dar.

Apart from the somali guy from AL-itihaad i dont think the others were talking genuinely. Seems like they were inviting american attention to the country.

Usually when these people start doing documentaries about a country they are up to something.

juba   

sorry somalia is not a tourist spot, its not much of anything actually.

i wonder how a tour guide would describe somalia " On your left is the warlord stronghold and on ur right is the only functioning school, notice the intricate bullet holes"

we have nice beaches though!

:rolleyes:

Simply_I   

Originally posted by juba:

sorry somalia is not a tourist spot, its not much of anything actually.

No sis there is much of everthing really. There are some intriguing sites if thats what you mean.

I've been to this city on the edge of the beach and the houses were like 150 years old, 2 floors each, still standing, people living in there and i havnt noticed bullet holes.(you might think am bragging, but no i am not)

We were told the walls of the houses were made of not cement but guess what?...... caano geel.

The architecture of those houses was amazing they were like ancient style i would say.

No windows though very small holes on the upper side of walls 15 cm width and length.

If you end up going to xamar....ask to be taken to xamar weyne thats the name of the xaafad.

Now how inspiring would that be for a bunch of tourists?

There are also other places that are more tropical like "Afgooye".Very nice.

Laba-X   

Salaan Sare Dhamaan!

Seef-la-bood Castro, Ina adeer bal is deji. Can you confidently declare that the information given by this Polish student is accurate? My post was there just to highligh the possibility that she might not be what she says she is!

Besides, judging by her English, it seems like she/he is pretending.A person learning the language would have terrible difficulties with tenses and her/his spelling is perfect!

"Are you related to Alle-ubaahne by any chance? These things are usually hereditary"

...What things? War hoy ina kala ilaali ninyohow, yaanan saacada la joogo sarajooga kugu cunine! :D:D

Simply_I

Comparing Brixton to lawless Xamar is absurd. Trust me, Brixton is nothing compared to Wardhiigley alone, let alone all Xamar! Have you read a book entitled "A Story of a Xamarweyne Family"?

Castro   

^ :D

Just pointing out the obvious saaxib. SOL is not being monitored by clandestine agencies in order to bring Somalia down.

Lui   

Wow! Raganimo, you are funny! ;) You amused me! Really, so you think that I work for the CIA? Maybe do you joke from me? I wonder how do you know that I am “she� I do not have difficulty with spelling because I have dictionary for my house.

Well, it is so:

It writes for studies…. (I do not know as this writes in English)… licentiate (probably). I chose topic “Somalia†because how I wrote already earlier, they of book intrigued me.

My teacher dissuades me writing for this topic. He speaks that I there I was not so I do not know as there it is. I did not go in Somalia. But maybe once there I will go…? I think that he little knows about this of country. And this specific country. In Polish books are out-of-dates.

Newest article what did I find it is from 2002 year. >> http://www.national-geographic.pl/national2/index.jsp?place=Lead07&news_cat_id=70&news_id=545&layout=2&page=text

Therefore I look for information everywhere.

Juba wrote that “we have nice beaches though!†You have some pictures?

What is your national dish?

Pozdrawiam gorąco wszystkich tych, którzy rozumieją co piszę... smile.gif

Simply_I   

Raganimo

Somalia is made out to be very dangerous when we are in west. Its jus ka dardarid its not dangerous at all(apart from few exceptions), i am talking about personal experience here. Because i have been there and seen it... all the neighbours knew we came from europe, our kids used to play with the locals yet Alhamdulillah there were no set ups.

I would say it can actually be safer than brixton depending on the contacts and links you have there. Like if you are related or are in good terms with respected "mafia" in the area, so as to speak.

I've been to wardhiigle nope not dangerous.

If you look somali and walk on the street and arent wearing bling bling.... why would people aproach you you are jus like anybody else. got it?

Rahima   

^It’s falling on deaf ears sister. Those of us in the west have developed this skewed image of Somalia and we can’t seem to let go- probably justifies in our minds the need to continue living in a land, which is not ours and will probably be kicked out of soon ;) . All they need to do is go and see, they will change their minds then.

I lived in wardhiigley for two months and although everyone knew that we were from overseas we were never bothered or harassed. No one really cares so long as you live like the locals and not try to overdo the lavishness- but then again that’s the same with anywhere really.

There are also other places that are more tropical like "Afgooye".Very nice.

Very nice is an understatement. Such a beautiful place mashallah, especially the gardens and fruit plantations. Loved the people also, so much kinder and sweeter than your average Faarax and Xalima.

uchi   

I guess its best we post images, or perhapes some links to a photo gallery.

Xafuun - North-east of Somalia (after the Tsunami).

197o.jpg

200o.jpg

I will try and post recent photos of beaches, if i can find them.