Sign in to follow this  
Lui

Tourism in Somalia

Lui   

Hi!

I am student of tourism. I live in Europe. I needs information of real life in Somalia. I know from books and internet, that in Somalia it reigns hunger, violence, war, anarchy. In Polish touristic guide I read, that it dissuades trip to Somalia.

What will you say about living in Somalia?

Is travelling to Somalia dangerous really?

Castro   

^ Yep, Somalia is very dangerous dude. Instead, go to Iraq. I hear the chicks are hot there. Watch out for GI's yelling STOP!

Lui   

Is such situation in whole country? Which of cities tourist can arrive?

Are places which it was been possible to see?

Baluug   

Let's just say that Somalis aren't even safe in their own country, let alone people who want to take a vacation there!!! If you really want to go, you will need to plan for a long time and make sure you hook yourself up with about 7 or 8 bodyguards, a technical(machine-gun mounted truck), and a whole lotta bravery, cuz you'll need it!! The minute they see any foreigner, they'll most likely kidnap them cuz they think people from other countries are all rich :D

Lui   

Liibaan, you terrified me this what did you say. Who kidnaps foreigners? Why are from so many years you not occupants safe continually in own country??? Police does not have?

Will tourist not be safe even in hotel? (Owner of hotel should responsible for safety of guest) Hotels function at all in Somalia?

Lui   

Terrible this! But not be surprised me because terrific this is for me. I read about this situation but old messages were this. I thought that it is better , safely. Supposedly on midnight Somalia is quite safely.

This truth?

At midnight the night shift begins and they tend to do more work than the others.Kidnap more,kill more,torture more and rob more.Enjoy their company :D

On a more serious note,Somalia is not all doom and Gloom.Even though parts of the Country are dangerous there are parts in the north east and the north west that are relatively safe.Be on your guard though as this alsways helps.

uchi   

lol..., I love your english Liu, reminds of some character from a movie i can't remember right now -

But, in all honesty you're better of visiting like MR ORGILAQE mentioned, northern Somalia, not that its perfectly save, but, you wont be kidnapped thats for sure :D .

However it will be best you befriend some Somali's from that area, or perhaps the locals before heading there.

Baluug   

Originally posted by uchi:

lol..., I love your english Liu, reminds of some character from a movie i can't remember right now -

You couldn't figure it out? He's talking like YODA!!

:D "Luke, with you the force may be"

Originally posted by Lui:

Terrible this! But not be surprised me because terrific this is for me. I read about this situation but old messages were this. I thought that it is better , safely. Supposedly on midnight Somalia is quite safely.

This truth?

This is exactly what i get when i try to use those translating services,hahaha. Finally i get it.

I tried to translate something for this fly russian chick; the result when i did a reverse translation came something like:

"You hot fly ;Hot sizzling You"