Sign in to follow this  
Thinkerman

More Bad News....

..........................Two Britons killed in ..........Somalia.................

News Headlines: World

Two Britons have been shot dead in Somalia, according to the Foreign Office.

A Foreign Office spokesman was unable to confirm reports that the victims were teachers.

The spokesman said officials were still in the process of informing the next of kin.

Earlier this month an Italian aid worker was shot dead n Somalia's self declared republic of Somaliland.

Blessed   

Is it me, or is British life far more sacred than that of others. You hear, news about accidents where millions die but the few Briton are always given special attention sidey dadka kale dhamaan :rolleyes:

Anywaysss.

If they were muslims Ilahay ha u naxariisto I'A!

Liqaye   

Ameenah i agree with you 100%, i thought it was just me who feels a sense revulsion when ever i hear about 1,2 or 3 westerners being killed in countries such as liberia, somalia, angola or palestine as if the millions of deaths that have preceded them, and in most cases will follow them, do not rate the column inches. :mad:

This is a brother who doesnt remotely give a damn about brits being killed.

Yeah but saxiib the point is they were, allegedly, teachers. What good does it do to murder teachers, when its exactly those type of key workers that somalia will need to ry to attract when some semblence of peace is acheived.

Liqaye   

Salams shijui-1

I think you have missed my point , I do not belive in murder or in violence.

But i maybe i will clarify my position by asking you a question.

Would it have been in the newspaper or on the net if it was merely two somali teachers who were killed.

I think not and deep down you do too.

Curly   

Hey did anyone hear about how Somali was used as a nuclear dumping ground back, when somlia was conalised by the Italians and English?

Apparently, there are large parts of Somalia which is exteremly radioactive...but i'm going try and find out more about that though.

nuune   

^^^^Sue,your are really right,most of our coast lines are full of radioactive stuffs,what can we do about it,nothing yet.

Wa Calayaku salam Liqaye

Of course not and thats not a debating point. Of course somali teachers doctors and civilians get killed on a daily baisis and it goes unreported.

It doesnt matter whether they where british, the pont is they where teaching, and so its a loss to the local community.

and let me put it to you in another way

where u a somali student studying to be a teacher and dreaming of going back to somalia what implicationswould this story have???

N.O.R.F   

ameenah i dont think that british lives are more valuable, but lets reverse the roles, there r killings in the uk or the us everyday, when its a somali, then we all stand up take note, same thing!

Changed   

salaam caleykom

who told them to teach christianity in somalia, these missionries never give up do they, am sad that they are killed but that is what happens for going to an islamic country and trying to teach them of christianity redface.gifsmile.gif

a husband and wife team working for the SOS Kinderdorf children's organization were shot and killed Monday. The Vatican-based Missionary News Agency, MISNA, also reported the slaying and that the victims worked for the non-governmental agency.

read to find out

hoos hoos eey rabeen in diinta ku buran someone cought them and shot them :rolleyes:

N.O.R.F   

they dont teach christianity at the school, however u do get the feeling that is an aim for the future or by somehow influencing the beliefs of the students when teaching in the class rooms!

Originally posted by miz-unique:

hoos hoos eey rabeen in diinta ku buran someone cought them and shot them :rolleyes:

I doubt if it was about diinta or anying else at all. They were probably shot by an armed, bloodthirsty scavenger. Too many id!ots with guns who have nothing else to do other than to terrorise innocent ppl- be they local or foreign. :rolleyes:

On the other hand...it does sound mighty strange that relatively peaceful and safe areas such as Borama and Sheikh have seen two separate murders of foreigners within one month. Maybe there's something to the claims of a 'plot to destabilise' Somaliland? :confused:

Changed   

i maybe wrong :( and they changed the article i got my previous quote from redface.gif , i gues they got a better one :rolleyes: , but if u guys read the quote i gave earlier, the first report was given by a missionary news agency and it got me to think of it critically why missionaries first they may have worked for them namean, but hey i maybe wrong i was just bringing my thought and my opinion of it to the table,

there's something to the claims of a 'plot to destabilise' Somaliland?

lol ..interesting ..