Sign in to follow this  
Yaabka-Yaabkiis

I am trying to find difference between Somaliland langauge and Somalia.

Since geber ******* happen in eey noqoto Deriska-maalmahaan waxaa isku tijaabinayay in difference aan helo:

Erayga "u" ku jiro waxey ku badalaan "i" tusaale ahaan: Jumlad waxa dhahaan Jimlad

Erayga "r" kujiro waxeey ku badalaan "dh"

Post more please...

Aaliyyah   

lol@ somaliland language and somalia..

walaal,there is no such thing as somaliland or somalia language. Basically, norhtern, southern, af maymay..and so on and so forth.

I speak northern dialect and for instance I say "gabadh" intead of "gabar". does that mean I speak somaliland language? lol ..it simply means reer waqooyi baan ahay oo af reer waqooyi baan ku hadlaa.

salaam

Threadkaan intuu u socdaa, ka socdaa.

Soomaali meel walba ee joogaan wey isafgaranaayaan, especially if my sister and her Jabuutiyaan friend iyo daris aan arkaaye see si fiican iskula sheekeystaan, oo isku afgartaan in Scotland's Glasgow.

Marka adiga Yaaboow dariskaaga mar aan saas u dheereen idinkoo isla qoslaayo, oo kaftan isla dhacaayo arkeysaa.

N.O.R.F   

What I find very peculiar is when someone from Xamar says waa laba saac (2 oclock) even though it's 8 oclock! Where did this opposite clock/time thing come from?

peasant   

^ Reer xamarku marka ay subaxdii koob qaxwe ah ku dhuftaan baa saacadu u bilaabataa. Reer waqooyigana markuu koob maraq ah ku dhufto duhurkii buu sacada kow ka bilaaba.

chubacka   

There is a huge difference, as I honestly can't understand some of my reer Xumar friends so I just nod and hope they don't notice I don't completely lost.

They understand the northern dialect though.

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by peasant:

^ Reer xamarku marka ay subaxdii koob qaxwe ah ku dhuftaan baa saacadu u bilaabataa. Reer waqooyigana markuu koob maraq ah ku dhufto duhurkii buu sacada kow ka bilaaba.

:D:D

Waa lanaga horeeyaa dhe :D

Originally posted by Norfsky:

What I find very peculiar is when someone from Xamar says waa laba saac (2 oclock) even though it's 8 oclock! Where did this opposite clock/time thing come from?

another thing is how they read 2 digit numbers backward.

for example 21 is labatan iyo kow instead of kow iyo labataan

strangely this does not apply to numbers with higher orders of magnitude .. all the thousands, hundreds are put in correct order it is only the 10s and 1s that suffer this odd transposition

i.e 361 would be read sadex boqol lixdan iyo kow

EDIT

Now that i think about it I'm not sure they are the ones who are wrong ... they actually do read the number in correct sequence from the highest order digit to the lowest order digit 361 = sadex boqol + lixdan + kow

I changed my mind Im going to adopt this system from now on :D

NGONGE   

There is a BIG difference between the two. I'm still struggling with one and don't think I've reached your level where I would have to compare the two. But, I know from bitter experience that there is a difference.

The funny thing is that when you ask a southern person about some of the strange words they use he will claim it is a ciyaal xaafada language and not proper Somali. War xita islaamaha ku hadla afkan ciyaal xafada lago sheega. :D