Sign in to follow this  
Maf Kees

The N-word

Maf Kees   

No I'm not talking about Nigger, I'm talking about Naayaa. I've seen guys killed over this word. There are hospitals that have a special wing for patients that are suffering from pulled out hair, poked out eyes and nails stuck to their flesh. The aggresors, all women, usually get off the hook by spending one night in jail while their victims stay in Intensive Care for at least another 6 months.

I almost ended up being hospitalized myself like my brothermen when I made a fatal mistake one faithful day. We were eating bariis iyo biskeeti in a makhaayad in Birmingham. I felt something was missing and I was right: no bananas! So I asked a girl (she was doing nothing at the time) to bring us some bananas to give our meal a sweet touch. She says that they ran out of bananas, but she would happy to get them for me. I said: OK, but hurry up. We don't need the bananas when we finished our food. We are not Danyero! ;) It was closeby so she suggested to join her on our quest for the precious bananas. I was like OK, laakiin intee aadaneynaa? I knew that the grammar wasn't 100%, but the damage was allready done. Never did I expect that she would mistook it for: Intee aadey NAAYAA!

To spare you the drama of what happened after that. We were persona non grata ever since in that restaurant.

Did you have some nasty experiences with the Somali language? Did your broken Somali get you into trouble?

Foxy   

I almost ended up being hospitalized myself like my brothermen when I made a fatal mistake one faithful day. We were eating bariis iyo biskeeti in a makhaayad in Birmingham. I felt something was missing and I was right: no bananas! So I asked a girl (she was doing nothing at the time) to bring us some bananas to give our meal a sweet touch. She says that they ran out of bananas, but she would happy to get them for me. I said: OK, but hurry up. We don't need the bananas when we finished our food. We are not Danyero! It was closeby so she suggested to join her on our quest for the precious bananas. I was like OK, laakiin intee aadaneynaa? I knew that the grammar wasn't 100%, but the damage was allready done. Never did I expect that she would mistook it for: Intee aadey NAAYAA! static stuff for real danyeer waleee, ur somali rocked there for a brief moment here mate...

cheers

One time I called my brother qoor dheer - But hooyo who was there thought I said "qooro dheer" - She ended up beating the crap out of me - Talk about injustice, I would never utter those hedious words in somali especially infront of her -

Foxy   

^^ bonofied mate,may be ur somali sectioners exists in blocks, there is no I have a thing with a bridge with those I date ( ehm helps to pay a good realitionship with ur own if U choose to date and mingle with our own).....For those who had all this negatve attitude againts folks who where same nature dating?

PS I support for all races and religions sects that date outside what have U....

cheers

J.Lee   

^I.Personally, I'm not attracted to non-Somalis. Don't get me wrong though, there are some (non-somalis that is) that I find so handsome they make me want to send a thank you note to their dead ancestors but there is no attraction what so ever (at least on my part :D ). Weird innit?

II. My Somali is perfect, well at least when I'm around dhalinyarada, laakiinse it's when I'm speaking to waayeelka particularly ayeeyooyinka that I have a problem. I tend to get into what my brothers term an "anti-social somglish mode". I give short and monotone answers in both languages to questions that ask for a more defined and clear jawaab: I answer as if I just can't wait to end the conversation.

My brothers seem to think inaa kas ama kibir daraadeed aan u sameenaayo but honestly, I don't even notice I'm doing it or why I do it.

Foxy   

^^^ good to know that Jimca Lee, unlike U, I am not attracted to somalies, I got we have somesomethin in common noh!!!!!

I might not have a thing for farahas....and am sure U have a thing for them along the line!

I am sure ur somili is purely perfect inaabti, especailly when U speak out mate~ but whatys the deal on U or ur sibblinings dating out side the circle have to with the whole circle?...me is as curious as usaul nooh....

cheers

personally me believe in datin outside the circle U know of simple, whether it be outside the culture or what have U! simple

Maf Kees   

I can relate to Jimca Lee. To tell you the truth: There are some blond honeys out there that make you sweat like a mother. But that's where it ends with me. A non-Somali girl has to be extremely beautiful to catch the attention of this Farah. But at the same time a mediocre Somali girl can turn me into a psychotic stalker. Guess that means I have a thing for my sistas. If that's the case. What is it that Halimos have that is so special? Something, but what?

Foxy   

Me retire from this entire simple so forth site.....dont feel like the odd one out for time being.....in the mean time, I dislike everything by the book....

cheers

ps I totally apologize if I have crossed anyone over my point of concern

STOIC   

Let me try to pull the rock under my body, Dating outside my people would be a good idea(which may come as a reaction to obsesive thought :D ) , but getting married to one will hinder or interfere with normal course of my daily image.I am a man whose object of conscious, experience of space and his urge and drive have been shaped by none other than a Somali Woman.My actions are copious in content and form with everything called Somali. Marka Shasheyihu iyo anigu isma keenaa

Delilah   

the somali language is so darn complicating. when i speak it, i get made fun of, and when i don't speak it, i get made fun of: there is no escape in this endless torture! :(

p.s. it feels good to me back, loads changed though; been on a hiatus :D

J.Lee   

Foxy: I guess it is different strokes (or in this case races) for different folks: Runtii, kudos to you walaal for not going by the book, unlike you fulay baa ahay anigu. smile.gif

Monkey Man: I think it's an Aries' thing. :D

Back to the topic:

Usually when a guy calls a girl nayaa, I noticed she either replies: "adhi miyaa i naagaystay oo i uureeyay?" or "[expletive] naarta ka naagnaagey naagtaada ma ihiyee" : their reactions led me to believe that they wouldn't have objected if the man had been their husband. ( :confused: )

So my question to you SOL ladies is, would you allow your husband to call you that?

^ If he pays £50k for the wedding and decks the house out in Fadhi-carbeed and Italian furniture worth £20k, he'll probably be entitled to call her nayaa.

I think that's the rule.