Sign in to follow this  
RendezVous

Liberated Women..Are you liberated????

Arawella   

The whole topic smells fishy. What on earth should I expect to be liberated from? I don't see myself in captivity, I am able to think coherently and my six senses are functioning properly, so suffice to say that I am free and require no rescuing.

It’s interesting this past weekend Togane gave a speech at York University, their education conference – and he praised Somali women for their efforts and he had all the women/girls in the audience yelling and screaming as though they were at an Arcade Fire concert. He actually said we need a female president for Somalia – and they went crazy.

He told a story about a woman he knew told to him.

She said my son asked me, mommy what does dad do – because you drop both of us off in the morning. One day the kid was with her, and they went home straight, and the son asked, mommy we didn’t pick up daddy from his day care.

Of course Togane told the story better.

Zafir   

^^Somebody (togane) wanted to get laid or is looking to tie the knot, I think. I really dislike when people add insult to an injury. :mad: :mad:

It’s the unconditionally true that gals lead is every ratio there is, amongst the men in their communities. But enough is enough don’t you think? We can take all the beating there is, but folks should have the decency not to strip us outta of our cloths while beating.

Originally posted by makalajabti:

I am wondering if Saudi Women feel like they need to be liberated from all the restrictions upon them?

They are not even allowed to express their opinion!
:D

I think the notion you have is trying to relate Cultural aspects In Saudi Arabia to the reality of liberation.Although that culture of covering those nice women from head to toe must end..with exception of only ISLAMIC rules and regulations, to relate that to ISLAM is ridiculous if not ****** .ISLAM doesn't in any way say all the women should be covered like the way they are doing in Saudi Arabia..There is some exception to preserve moral and ethics in the society.I think that has to do with their culture.But because It is where ISLAM was first practised, they think it is ISLAM which is saying...Cover from head to toe..

or otherwise, makalajabti what do u meant!!

Did u hear about other tortures in India, china and every other part of the world.But this are all just Cultures..

Pi   

^^ Saudia Arabia does oppress the female segment of society. No amount religous brouhaha can deny this.

Khayr   

Originally posted by Zero:

^^ Saudia Arabia does oppress the female segment of society. No amount religous brouhaha can deny this.

Zero,

As the world approaches infinity, I am approaching Zero. That is my limit. What is yours?

So is it 'safe' to conclude that since you're approaching Zero, that your Comment has a High Probability of being or approaching ZERO.

;)

Pi   

Waryaa Sheekh Bum Bum , if you're gonna comment on what I said, atleast try to make sense. Ask me if you dont know what I meant by it.

Why did I say that Saudia Arabia opresses women to some degree?

a. they have random rules restricting women to do certain things. Driving is one of them. Women have no say in this issue.

b. even though the niqab is not islamically necessary , women are forced to wear it. Women have no say in this issue.

Answer those and I'll bring up some few other points. By the way, not to flog a confused horse (dead and confused horses should not be flogged), you wont find answers to these on BET or in Urinal Stalls. Do some thinking, waryaa

By the way, not to flog a confused horse (dead and confused horses should not be flogged), you wont find answers to these on BET or in Urinal Stalls. Do some thinking, waryaa

LoooL. XaaaX,thats harsh smile.gif

Sheiq BumBum; What you gatta say hadaba?

^^

a nice quote

So is it 'safe' to conclude that since you're approaching Zero, that your Comment has a High Probability of being or approaching ZERO.

Zero wants us to believe Saudi Culture Is ISLAM... 0=0 walahi

Religious brouhaha kulaha... :D:D:D

Originally posted by ibtisam:

yes i am liberated

A must read for LIBERATED WOMEN

While everyone has the right to be "liberated"..I don't know from what..But it happens that a liberated woman Is taught to hate her own body. The form of her eyelashes and brows, the style of her walking and speech, the color of her lips, nails and cheek are all given an artificial look. She also hates the natural trend of her hair. In societies like western world, "hair fashion designers" and cosmetic manufacturers make big money.

A woman is expected to balance herself on a half a centimeter heel of shoes. This creates an abnormality called Lordosis in medical terminology. Males make big money, displaying female nakedness through their respectible trades like cabarets, strip bars, fashion shows, and especially commercial advertising (Do I want the Mustang or the sexy blonde in the advertisement?), nude paintings, magazines and now Internet web pages.

Modern urban culture does not only show the above but it also shows: Alarming statistics with manifold percentage increase, compared to past decades, of single parents, children with no fathers, broken families, sex crimes, divorce, suicide and drug use among teens, asylums for unclaimed children, homes for unwanted parents, clinics for delinquent youth and neurotic adults.

Recent estimates suggest that up to 80% of US society displays some form of psychological symptoms, and that up to 22% have psychological problems serious enough to interfere with their day to day living which are diagnosable (Chicago Tribune 12/1999).

Data in the United States also shows that 25 to 35 percent of girls are sexually abused, usually by men well known to them (Kilbourne 1999:253). A high percentage of women so assaulted suffer from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (the same disorder that a large number of Vietnam veterans suffer from) which leads to addiction and substance abuse and eventually to poverty and homelessness. Thus women in America live in a "war zone" in their own homes. If they survive childhood, their boyfriends or husbands eventually get them!

In such societies "liberation" of women has been reduced to a slogan to sell products. Such sellers of "liberation", mostly men, offer women "liberation" via smoking, alcohol, food and their natural longing for stable relationships [which have dwindled in such a society]. This commercial "liberation" comes at a great cost to women and serves to isolate them through addiction. As addicts make great consumers, the sellers of such "liberation" want to keep it that way (Kilbourne 1999).

Some think they are liberated..

Check this..

Originally posted by ibtisam:

yes i am liberated

are you one of them??????? smile.gifsmile.gif

The Liberated Woman(Westernized/mzungunized):

We see some common characteristics in modern secular society concerning what is required of men and women: Open chest shirts for the female, a necktie for the male. Belly exposed shirts for the female, tucked-in shirts for the male. Men's dress patronizes opaque clothing where as feminine clothes are transparent. Modern society labels a man as improperly dressed when not in full suit but women are celebrated if they keep their legs uncovered, even on a cold winter night.

The society that condemns the exhibition of male physical curves and labels them as "perversion" provides artificial "aids" to under developed areas of the female. Everyone has heard the term, 'single mother' but you hardly ever hear about the 'single father'. The fashion world usually controlled by males, aims to create instability in the female mind. She is taught that "wearing the least" is something that builds "status" and taking it all off is "liberation". (Omar, Kamel 1989)

She is taught to hate her own body. The form of her eyelashes and brows, the style of her walking and speech, the color of her lips, nails and cheek are all given an artificial look. She also hates the natural trend of her hair. In such a society, "hair fashion designers" and cosmetic manufacturers make big money.

Whereas men balance themselves on a three-inch base heel of the shoes, the woman is expected to balance herself on a half a centimeter heel. This creates an abnormality called Lordosis in medical terminology. Males make big money, displaying female nakedness through their respectible trades like cabarets, strip bars, fashion shows, and especially commercial advertising (Do I want the Mustang or the sexy blonde in the advertisement?), nude paintings, magazines and now Internet web pages.

Modern urban culture does not only show the above but it also shows: Alarming statistics with manifold percentage increase, compared to past decades, of single parents, children with no fathers, broken families, sex crimes, divorce, suicide and drug use among teens, asylums for unclaimed children, homes for unwanted parents, clinics for delinquent youth and neurotic adults.

Recent estimates suggest that up to 80% of US society displays some form of psychological symptoms, and that up to 22% have psychological problems serious enough to interfere with their day to day living which are diagnosable (Chicago Tribune 12/1999).

Data in the United States also shows that 25 to 35 percent of girls are sexually abused, usually by men well known to them (Kilbourne 1999:253). A high percentage of women so assaulted suffer from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (the same disorder that a large number of Vietnam veterans suffer from) which leads to addiction and substance abuse and eventually to poverty and homelessness. Thus women in America live in a "war zone" in their own homes. If they survive childhood, their boyfriends or husbands eventually get them!

In such societies "liberation" of women has been reduced to a slogan to sell products. Such sellers of "liberation", mostly men, offer women "liberation" via smoking, alcohol, food and their natural longing for stable relationships [which have dwindled in such a society]. This commercial "liberation" comes at a great cost to women and serves to isolate them through addiction. As addicts make great consumers, the sellers of such "liberation" want to keep it that way (Kilbourne 1999).

When such sellers of "liberation" are faced with genuine demands for gender equality, like the ERA [Equal Rights Amendment in the United States], they reject them outright and a government funded and controlled by them makes it fail [ERA failed to pass in 1982]. Such powers that be in these societies not only attack any genuine efforts towards liberation of women in their own society [as they are commercially disadvantageous to them], but also attack all other ideas presented as truly liberating to women, by other societies [to which they export their commercial culture] by labeling them, "harsh, barbaric, primitive". They do this through their control of the media, which in most cases is not only owned by them but depends on them, through their advertising dollars, for its very survival .

This paper is an attempt to reassess the History of Women's Rights, taking note of things that have been widely ignored in popular presentation of the subject. The paper also serves to clarify the position of a book, the Koran that has been distorted and misrepresented through the ages, by those having vested interests.

Are there Liberated men anyways? smile.gifsmile.gif [/QB

I'd rather wearing mini skirt and high heels than being covered up head to toe and living in Saudi Bloody Arabia.

They don't know how to respect women out there and they use Qur'an to justify their discrimination against women. Men don't even know how to relate to women in a non-sexual way, according to one of their newspapers this month.

Originally posted by Kafaaxiye:

^nacam. its your choice. to be free or religious?

Freedom is in religion! There is no contradiction between freedom and Islam!

Beaware that Saudi Arabia is a doomed example of an islamic country! Try Malaysia instead