Old_Observer

Djibouti Election - UMP expected to win Big

2 hours ago, Che -Guevara said:

Jeegaanta has more credible elections than the fat dictator. But he is slightly better than  EPDRF:D

lol

I laughed hard.

Somaliland is election American stye that goes on in Ohio, Carolinas, Alabama. Robbery by computer.

EPRDF is robbery by placing police every voting booth of some 30,000 which no opposition party can ever think of matching. EPRDF can give away Addis Ababa any time. They did in 2005. But never the remotest village. That is the trick. The opposition cannot go to villages. Opposition cannot find members from 80 languages, but EPRDF can.

Ghuelleh is another art. In small Djibouti there are about 6 opposition parties who hate each other than him. That is a trick he copied from EPRDF. Gheulle unlike Isayas distributes also what ever development projects there is. All new ports are being built on Afar side of the sea.

There are 32 registered parties in Ethiopia. When EPRDF set the country on new system there were 200. At this rate it will take another 20 years to get 2 or 3 competing parties in Ethiopia.

2 hours ago, Oodweyne said:

Old_Observer,

This is Saddam Hussein's territory, in which 98% of voters actually voted for the ruling Baath party, while the remaining 2% of voters seemed to have lost themselves on the streets when they were on their way to the polling booth, sort of results.:D

Hence, he would have been better off to say lets call this sort "Potemkin election" (a genuine farcical exercise) as strictly unnecessary. And therefore simply say that I will nominate the MPs of the parliament according to their innate ability to "perform" this strict criteria.

And by that he could mean, in the sense of asking them. firstly, which of those who wish to be MPs in parliament can actually make me laugh.

Or even better, secondly, asking them which of therm can actually get their wives to do a jig or two of a "belly-dance-sort" dance, particularly of the alluring and the captivating kind of hip-movement dance for him in is palatial palace.

Hence such a "strict criteria" of selecting MPs (if he were to have dreamed up about it) actually would have more political and electoral credibility, not to say anything about the "blind distributional outcome" it would in turn have had it, than the sham of an parliamentary election he seemed to have pulled of in here.

But that is a dictator for you. Since he knows not would could actually redound on to his meager political credibility, in the first place.  

Thank you.

You did not colourized your views. I think you took it seriously when I said you have been entered into the Don's (Don corleone of the GodFather) list. Or Or you are afraid the Don might take your words as official Somaliland.

3 hours ago, Oodweyne said:

Old_Observer,

I think, my friend, you have read too much boiler-plate cheap novels about intelligence skulduggery that is not healthy for you. if on the other other hand, you are not, by chance, one of those "sweaty-hands-intelligence-officers", skulking around the "shadows" of other's people lives (as it were).:D

Amazingly you are correct. Most of things I read are invetigative.

I do not work for any institution or Don. Just general interest.

A day will come where you might hold your nose and vote for Ghelleh as best DON in the neighbourhood. lol