Sign in to follow this  
cynical lady

Can I get a white puppy for Eid?

Aaliyyah   

Cynical I've a lil sis abt the same age. I would say get her a cat. Kids want something to love and take care of at that age.

bt always remember if you are getting a pet make sure that it will be well taken care of. Otherwise, its haraam to have a pet and neglect it.

salaam

Faheema.   

^CL: Because there is nowwhere in the Quran that states a dog is Haram. We know its saliva is najis and that Angels do not enter a house wherein there is a dog, but who's to say you can't keep it in the garden and if come into contact with its saliva wash?

It's just the inconvenience and the cons outweigh the pros, hence why most just say it's Haram.

Ibtisam   

MiiMi, it is Makruh- disliked/ no recommended. Also if you keep a dog, one (some hadith say two) Qirat (a measure only allah knows) of the reward of your good actions are deducted daily unless of course you have the dog for one the three reasons you are allowed to have it for.

Castro   

Originally posted by *Ibtisam:

Tell her the truth- that it is Haram in Islam- if she has had some Islamic education already she will understand-6yr is big.

MiiMi, it is Makruh- disliked/ no recommended. Also if you keep a dog, one (some hadith say two) Qirat (a measure only allah knows) of the reward of your good actions are deducted daily unless of course you have the dog for one the three reasons you are allowed to have it for.

Make up your mind. icon_razz.gif

Ibtisam   

^^Atheer She is still too young to know the technical difference between Haram and Makruh. Some people have a hard time understand it even as adults. So as a child, it is better they think it is haram and find out the details of it when they are old enough.

MiiMi on the other hand is a little older than 6 icon_razz.gif

Castro   

^^^^ No, Ibtisam wants to lie to the 6 year old, then later tell her the truth. LOL. Is that what you were told at 6? Guess they forgot to tell you the truth.

^^Atheer She is still too young to know the technical difference between Haram and Makruh. Some people have a hard time understand it even as adults. So as a child, it is better they think it is haram and find out the details of it when they are old enough.

It's not the 6 year old I'm worried about, it's you. lol.

Ibtisam   

^^^ :D

Castro :D You won't be the first. Join the que.

Ngonge you are a soft father- and can I say your priorities are mixed up. You taught your daughter how to make tea for you at 6, and brain washed your son with football from 9months, yet you think they have a redundant mind for the details Islam. Next year she is expected to pray and if she fails her mum should beat her for it. icon_razz.gif

NGONGE   

^^ Football and cooking are practical tasks that scientists try to teach even monkeys to do. The business of Haraam and Halal is not. Unlike most adults, children are never satisfied with one answer. They love to get to the bottom of things and will keep asking you 'why' until they are satisfied. Adigu oo adult dhuuf leh ah still stumbled on the second question and went into the Makruuh and what not area. How do you think a little child (or Fahiima) would cope? :D

Castro   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^ Football and cooking are practical tasks that scientists try to teach even monkeys to do.

Inanta iska daa, the point was made. Anyhow, I now you're not a scientist so ... :D

BTW, what is "dhuuf"? Are you trying to say snot? That would be duuf yaa carab.

Ibtisam   

I remind you of YOU @ Castro- that is scary!! I don't want to end up like you :DYou are cool and everything, but cool is not my aim. :D

Lool @ Ngonge- hence why I said just say it is Haram or Hala. Keep it simple. As for why, you don't need to afraid of Whys, there are reasons for everything. Otherwise they will get the answers to those "Why's from else where and you want to avoid that.