Sign in to follow this  
Faarax-Brawn

The Inaugration Of Barack Obama!

Originally posted by Norf 1 Al Filastini:

The speech was good. If he/America make good on half of the promises it will be a good thing.

Regarding policies towards the rest of the world, those promises are just that promises!

To the Muslim world, we seek a new way forward, based on mutual interest and mutual respect. To those leaders around the globe who seek to sow conflict, or blame their society's ills on the West - know that your people will judge you on what you can build, not what you destroy.

:D:D God Bless USA

^It's definately celebration for African Americans who endured humiliation and the legacy of slavery!!!

I'm also glad his wife is black woman-celebration for African women who endured centuries of abuse and rape from the white majority and also abuse and abandonment from their own.

I see FB is washed with excitement, get hold of yourself young man.

What do you think Che- behind the Obama “change” lies nothing my dear, maybe am too much of a cynic but the Emperor has no clothes in my eyes and I refuse to join the likes of FB. I think we should consider him fortunate if he achieves 3 things let a lot the load of promises he just vomited on us. His already backtracked on his promise to close down Guantanamo Bay the question now is what’s next? Climate Change, Iraq, etc

My dear Che- tell me what’s the difference between the “Yes We Can” and L’Oreal “because your worth it” slogan? Could it be, that there both selling nothing but an illusion?

^I share your sentiment. It is history and leap forward for minorities in America, but nothing more than that. America's outlook on the world won't change, just how the language of diplomacy is framed would be adjusted, no more Bush's "bring it on". He has alot of leeway when it comes to domestic issues, but it has little control over foriegn policy-presidents only execute what establishment sets.

^Cynical Lady,This is not excitement,it is actually reporting history. Nothing more.

Che,lets leave the punditry to the experts,you and i,the millions of minorities living in here,should(at least for the moment),reflect on the importance of this day.

AYOUB   

Originally posted by cynical lady:

To the Muslim world, we seek a new way forward, based on mutual interest and mutual respect. To those leaders around the globe who seek to sow conflict, or blame their society's ills on the West - know that your people will judge you on what you can build, not what you destroy.

Fair enough.

STOIC   

For we know that our patchwork heritage is a strength, not a weakness. We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus - and non-believers. We are shaped by every language and culture, drawn from every end of this Earth; and because we have tasted the bitter swill of civil war and segregation, and emerged from that dark chapter stronger and more united, we cannot help but believe that the old hatreds shall someday pass; that the lines of tribe shall soon dissolve; that as the world grows smaller, our common humanity shall reveal itself; and that America must play its role in ushering in a new era of peace.

What a golden interlude! May the Almighty give you the strength to chart the themes of your adminstration.Your speech had the ring emboldment that commands us all Americans to renew our way of thinking in this world.As the pundits set out to disect your diagnosis of what went wrong with America may the almighty give you the vision to lead!You are the most colorful, intelligent, and artculate character to held this office.God Bless and God bless America!

Khayr   

Originally posted by AYOUB:

quote:Originally posted by cynical lady:

Fair enough.
Just pure hollyyyywoood rhetoric!

During his campaign, who did he visit and rock back and forth with infront of the wailing wall?

To me, this just sounds like the making of the dajjal. Legions and legions of euphoric ****** just cheering because - well it is in style to do so.