Sign in to follow this  
Coloow

Some male names.

Coloow   

Alamsay, Barre, Xaad, Dhoorre, Colaad, Geeddi, Waasuge, Sugulle, Meygaag, Caddaawe,Samatar, Warsame, Geelle Dhaqane, Qummane, nuune,shooble, Saxardiid, Keinadiid, Keynan, Fidow, waasuge, shaxshaxlow,sheekaale, Bustaale, Kaahin,Hiirad, Hufane, Hobol, Geesey,

Shuuriye.Kediye, Calasow, culusow, Mire, Bukurow, Dheeg,Ganeey, Lugeey, Galaal, Biyoole, kaboole, Cawl, Cadde, Guhaad, Dhuxulow, Jiniqow, Tukaale, Jimcaale, Jinow, Isgoow, Bulxan, Biyoole, Bootaan,

Baaruud, Boolidiid, Burhaan. Darmaan, Dulidiid, Dheeg, Guhaad, dhuxulow , dhaqane, Dhoore, Dhimbil, Curi, Enow, shabeel, Guleed, samawade, Isgoow, Jimcalale, Waraabe, Libaax, Gaashan, sharmarke, walaal, Mooge, Dhure, Mahad, Liiban, , Keerow, Kuulow, Kaskeey, weerow,

Coloow   

Og-girl sister, feel free to comment on the names. I am sure the adminstrators are wise enough to differentiate between comments on somali names and profanities.

AYOUB   

Bro you had all that to chose from and you went for Entebereneur or whatever it is :D !!!

OG Girl be careful, some of the above names do have tribal connotations ;) .

Originally posted by OG_Girl:

but my comments would put me in trouble man. i would say some thing about the names u posted.

see this is what i don't understand...this is a forum, and if the members cannot Post and Say whats on their mind THEN WHATS THE POINT OF HAVING THE FORUM TO BEGIN WITH ?

O.G. Gurl has every right to post whats on her mind...but she's AFFRAID OF THE ADMIN

Ladies and Gentlemen, whats wrong with this picture ?

Coloow   

Ayoub-Sheikh sxb, I have to ask for permission from the adminstrators (double posting has been banned) to change my name to:

Qowdhan-Fiidow-Jimcaale-waraabe because that combination describes me as a person> smile.gif

Curly   

I swear one of those name look like coleslaw, why would you subject you poor child to something like that? Bisinka have you no heart?!

Coloow   

Og, I am glad that you finally said what was on your mind....come on ..no one would target you for comments on a name.

Anyway, There is a widespread assumption that having a muslim name would land you in heaven..but that is not true... so, honestly i don't understand why we should have arabic names....we could do like the bosnians, turks or even other arabs and try to use the somali version of arabic names...

For instance Abdi becomes abdiyow, Ali =aliyoow,

Maxamed=madeey etc.

I hope you could be able to read somali, because behind those words is a great wisdom

Xafsa   

og girl--- the way I would translate that is that

" The best of names is Ahmed(hamaadah) or abdi( plural 'cause there are alot of abdi...abdulaahi etc

My arabic is horrible so where are all the native arabic speakers?

OG Moti   

to my brother the one who posted, i have read the rules and regulations, having said i must say i will tell u few words hoping it will wisdom you and my other brothers and sisters, first of all those names that the sisters Flying & og-girl mentioned are not arabic names, they are muslim names, man u dont wana hear arabic names, let me give u examples and u judge urself:

Arabic names:

Haafi maashi

jarbuuc

Qunfus

muriidi

muqla

cijlun

candhuur and the list goes on .. those are arabic names

Muslim names

Abdalla

Abdulmoti

Abdiaziiz

Mohamed

Mujaahid

see the differences

Somali names

some relyy ugly, even against human rights in some cases...like

malaxoow

murayad

makiino

muruqle

mushaaari

and i actually met people who carry such names and it wasnt a nick name.. so brother wht is the deal, are u trying to put us in trouble with the admin, cause i was about to mention names that might indicate tribalism even if i dont mean it.. so please dont lead to me to ban myself, without this site my dys would not be the same, cheers looool peace

Coloow   

Og-Mote

Bro/Sis the word "ugly" is a relative word..depends on what you mean by ugly...To be honest I find the arabic names and to a certain extent the so called muslim names "very ugly" but that is my judgement.

Og-Girl, Sister I wish you knew what those somali names really mean! I would try to post what each name means1

MD   

I would pick arabic names over somali names, For some reason it sounds better and each name has a meaning behind it or a little history..

U forgot Gediid and Geedi i think both names are different

Matkey   

Enter, You forgot some of theee best names.

Here they are:

Shaarkey

Akoko

Bin Shaakir

Gaduudow

Cafiifi

Shaash

Karaama

Jeylaani

Muriida Aba Nuur Abati

Canter Aliishow

Ubeey

Gariinle

Eenow

the last but not the least MATKEY :D

Those were household names back in the day because of their talents in sport (calcio or football or as we used to call it Maqaar). My older brothers were sports fanatics, and used name or call themsleve those names. I have always liked playing in the midfield (centra champo) like Shaarkey. My brother had big poster of all these great players. I will try to remember the rest of them. Enter, help me out here... i can't remember most of them.

Coloow   

Hijabified:

Geedi..did I miss that name? Holly dameer! it is one of my favourite names (Traveller-qaxooti-nomad)!

Matkey: bro , you have all the names except Sheekhalow! well done!

Shaarkey

Akoko

Bin Shaakir

Gaduudow

Cafiifi

Shaash

Karaama

Jeylaani

Muriida Aba Nuur Abati

Canter Aliishow

Ubeey

Gariinle

Eenow

LOL this must have beeen MBC, Wagad, Jeenyo and muqdisho names not to mention horseed....But they are mostly nicknames: Enoow is on my list...

I think sharkeey, Gaduudo(cadaaweor cadaw), Ubeey, Gariinle , shaash (ooh he was a famous football player..just like Roberto carlos)...

But I would not pick Jeylani, muriidi, Canter, cafiifi and Bin shaakir because those are arabic names.