Sign in to follow this  
Coloow

Some male names.

AYOUB   

Entrepreneur akhii(or do u prefer walaal :D ), there is a xadiith which advises us to give beautiful names to our children because on the day of Qiyaama they will be called out by them. I don't know what you ment by 'so called muslim names' but I wouldn't want to called out as 'Shaxshaxlow Cawrala!' on this important day.

Coloow   

Ayoub Sheikh , Akhi, Ilaahey soo qulubtaada ma daalacanayo ? At the end of the day, on the day of judgement we shall be judged by our deeds and not by name, gender, age etc.

There is one vital factor as to why we should embrace somali names- identity bro.Somali sounding names are on the verge of disappearing and being replaced by either western names or arabic names! And that is why I am objecting brother.

Other societies are very proud of their names (in particular unique ones)which are part of their heritage and identity, but somalis love to imitate other cultures.

Ayoub, I have an arabic sounding name..infact if I write down all the names of my family tree you may think I am from the middle east and not somalia...that is a pity..isn't it? The arabs have a muslim name and a territorially,clan based names right?