Sign in to follow this  
Somalicentric.

Simple question!

Originally posted by Somalicentric:

LOOOOL I didn’t necessarily mean those singers verbatim, but I meant in general. Btw I’m addicted to lafoole, that man can carry a tune in a bucket haha and there is NOTHING wrong with these new up and coming singers, they are easier to understand by folks like me who live in a Somali-free tuulo… but lately I have been listen to the qaraami version of every song they twisted… and jacaylbaro qosal baa iga kentay!

Dabshid well said, i would kill for the music festival
:D

Came across this a while ago, so I assume it is your page. Not bad for a budding photographer.

Originally posted by Faarax-Brawn:

What is this? The SOL Convention of the past Somali singers association? Qofku haduusan Samatar,Dawo iyo waxii 80s kasoo ari uusan sheegin, ma lagu jeesteynaa?

You guys need to embrace the future. New artists will ever show up in every genre of Music & Somali music is no exception. These New artists have a FOLLOWING, an ever growing one @that

Haha Well said saaxiib, baal uu sheeg fadhi kudirirka ;)

Kool_Kat   

MMA, have you Googled the poor girl already? Bisinka! Well done on your homework... icon_razz.gif

Somalicenric, whether you meant for those specific singers or otherwise, no need to explain! Hassan A and his likes are from the past, those you mentioned (although not as original) are what is current, as far as Somali music... ;)

Kool Kat waa runta walahi...

And as for old xajji coming across me, lets just say it's inevitable ;)

Walahi as you can see i literally joined this site shalay… ilahay amarkisa I have been looking for something like this. I’m trying to utilize every resource possible to help me with my peoples, I am teaching myself af Somali and this seems like a great place! Barasho wanagsan Walalo yalo :)

Kool_Kat   

Waanku ogahay@Lt-QA... ;)

Originally posted by Somalicentric girl:

Kool Kat waa runta walahi...

And as for old xajji coming across me, lets just say it's inevitable
;)

Walahi as you can see i literally joined this site shalay… ilahay amarkisa I have been looking for something like this. I’m trying to utilize every resource possible to help me with my peoples, I am teaching myself af Somali and this seems like a great place! Barasho wanagsan Walalo yalo
:)

Buug iyo qalin soo qaado, you came to the right place...Good for you for trying to reach out to your people and wanting to better yourself in learning your mother tongue! Nothing worse than not understanding what Ayeeyo macaan is saying to you when she yells "INKAAR QABTADAAN MEXEY ISLA DHAGOOLEYSAA INTAAS 'WHAT IYO WHO' UUN BEY GUREYSAA"... :D

Enjoy!

"Nothing worse than not understanding what Ayeeyo macaan is saying to you when she yells "INKAAR QABTADAAN MEXEY ISLA DHAGOOLEYSAA INTAAS 'WHAT IYO WHO' UUN BEY GUREYSAA"... :D

Enjoy!"

Hahaha that Literally took me 15mins to decipher, getting extremely close to the monitor and shutting one eye didn’t help either, so sad I know… but with perseverance I finally got it and I laughed like a sanbaac :-/

Thanks!