Sign in to follow this  
Somalicentric.

Simple question!

Why aren’t there any biographies on really well known, and sought after Somali singers like Lafoole, Duniya Axmed, Fuad Cumar, Fartun Birimo and so forth? I would really love to read about them, and know more aside from their great work. Especially me being new to the Somali music scene or what not. Or I’m I just being oblivious?

Haddaa dhihi lahayd sida Xasan Aaden Samatar, Cumar Dhuule, Magool, Faadumo Qaasin, Saado Cali, Max'ed Saleebaan Tubeec, Cumar Shooli ama Sulfa, but who?

Duniya Axmed, Fu'aad Cumar? Who in the world of whos?

Lafoole? Baliis.

Birimo? Maya sugunto.

Nothing against those singers, and particularly Lafoole, whose hees 'ku qabatay' or 'saxansaxo' is a favourite of mine. Laakiin he is not that well-known to warrant a seriously written biography.

Som@li   

MMA, Lafoole is one of the best kuwa hada heesa, markaa we have to move on, mise fanaaniinti iyoo heesihii classic ga ahayd uunba la daba joogaaa.

On the question, I thinks since the civil war Somali singers/bands are missing the beat,

The other day I seen this band all the way from Chad,they were amazing, and the concert was full of people enjoying the music of Africa.

We need to have Music festivals to showcase the talent of musicians, and arts, when the time is right.

I actually like Lafoole's songs, waa kuwa dhagaha sooth gareynaayo.

Laakiin wax taariiq dhameystiran laga qoro xiligaan ma istaahilo, siiba kuwii ka horeeyo oo shaac baxay oo wali nool.

Speaking of relative newcomers, I like the singer Farayare as well. His song Suuban waa mid aan la dhacay. C/naasir Macalin's Baddacas iyadana waa mid kale aan ka helo.

Originally posted by Somalicentric:

Why aren’t there any biographies on really well known, and sought after Somali singers like Lafoole, Duniya Axmed, Fuad Cumar, Fartun Birimo and so forth? I would really love to read about them, and know more aside from their great work. Especially me being new to the Somali music scene or what not. Or I’m I just being oblivious?

why don't you set up a website and do it for yourself ???

Poker   

Originally posted by Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiy aar:

Haddaa dhihi lahayd sida Xasan Aaden Samatar, Cumar Dhuule, Magool, Faadumo Qaasin, Saado Cali, Max'ed Saleebaan Tubeec, Cumar Shooli ama Sulfa, but who?

Duniya Axmed, Fu'aad Cumar? Who in the world of whos?

Lafoole? Baliis.

Birimo? Maya sugunto.

Nothing against those singers, and particularly Lafoole, whose hees 'ku qabatay' or 'saxansaxo' is a favourite of mine. Laakiin he is not that well-known to warrant a seriously written biography.

:D:D:D

I agree with you man. Who are those people? Maybe Lafoole...he is a good singer with his own songs but the others? please....

LOOOOL I didn’t necessarily mean those singers verbatim, but I meant in general. Btw I’m addicted to lafoole, that man can carry a tune in a bucket haha and there is NOTHING wrong with these new up and coming singers, they are easier to understand by folks like me who live in a Somali-free tuulo… but lately I have been listen to the qaraami version of every song they twisted… and jacaylbaro qosal baa iga kentay!

Dabshid well said, i would kill for the music festival :D

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Jacaylbaro:

quote:Originally posted by Somalicentric:

why don't you set up a website and do it for yourself ???
There used to be one a few years back. I think it was made by the same guy that writes the articles you post about the Somaliland singers! It was well written and very informative icon_razz.gif

But most of the artists covered were ones that (mostly) sang 'dishwashing songs'.

What is this? The SOL Convention of the past Somali singers association? Qofku haduusan Samatar,Dawo iyo waxii 80s kasoo ari uusan sheegin, ma lagu jeesteynaa?

You guys need to embrace the future. New artists will ever show up in every genre of Music & Somali music is no exception. These New artists have a FOLLOWING, an ever growing one @that. This list is actually the top list of the new artists. Unlike your regular wijia xun,who plagiarized songs,Fuad & Lafole have shown to be independent. I am not sure of Dunia Axmad,but,these folks along with Awale,King Khalid & that chick from Somaliland, are the future of Somali music.

Poster(didnt even check your name), Soon,these guys will be household names. No need for a biography. Hang around. smile.gif

Buuxo   

^Yeah let's be tolerant our upcoming stars smile.gif

To me Lafoole ,needs no bio.Him & his lovely bidaar can come and sing my fidhi-carbeed.