Sign in to follow this  
Modesty

Somali Women are Oppressed

I believe that there is much oppression inflicted upon Somali women & its mainly due to ignorance.

Ignorance on the women's part because they do not know their clearly defined rights in Islam.

Ignorance on the men's part because they have little or no interest in learning about their responsibilities as husbands, fathers, members of their communities.

Ignorance on the part of families, because fathers do not take part in the upbringing of their children. As a kid growing up in Mogadishu, I remember how unstructured Somali families were.

Mothers bore children & were left with running every aspect of family life, fathers took little interest in teaching their children, spending time with them, taking them to the mosque on fridays, preparing them for adulthood, etc.

On the family scene, fathers were absent & many Somali men still are today. That is why we have teenagers who are dropouts, vile mouthed, drug users or pushers, etc.

Poor upbringing leads to poor individuals; void of social & moral responsibility.

Originally posted by Jamilah:

quote:Originally posted by Didi Kong:

Modesty abaayo majority Somali men are dayuus/khaniis/saqajaan/weak personality nymphos,lazy/bum/welfarerecepient/dropout/darbijiif, qabilist/qat-chewer/close-minded, liar/cheat/two-timer/criminal etc.

My innocent eyes have never seen such vulgar language... :eek:
Masha Allah you have innocent eyes!

Originally posted by Didi Kong:

Modesty abaayo majority Somali men are dayuus/khaniis/saqajaan/weak personality nymphos,lazy/bum/welfarerecepient/dropout/darbijiif, qabilist/qat-chewer/close-minded, liar/cheat/two-timer/criminal etc. .

May be you are talking about yourself and your family..Is that correct :D:D

Some people have stopped reasoning..

Shakti   

Modesty....Don’t get mad at me because u choose 2 let men or ppl walk all over u… if u r oppressed by choice don’t blame our MEN for it!!!! ..

So …when u talk about somlian women are oppressed, u sure are talking about me.. and im happy 2 say, im not…. .

furthermore, when u say that men r the reason for that oppression…. u certainly talking about my Dad (god bless his soul), my brothers, and my uncles and none of them treat their woman any less than they deserve ..key word : deserve !!!!! …

so… is it really worth 2 have a discussion over personal crisis that is disguised as General crisis ???

I think the oppression issue goes both ways.Many women notoriously oppress their husbands too and some infact go to the extremes and the poor fella wouldn't be able to do anything coz he has a bunch of kids with her so in his mind it would be like ''just do it for the kids'...And many women are oppressed,some are beaten up,others are continuously degraded and not appreciated even when they do great things.Well,as of the history of men and women or the somalis,lol,Women have been regarded to be the second over the ages and with the come of Islam,i think alot has changed and every one knows their positions and what to do.Men are protectors of Women and its their duty to do so.I don't see why a sista or a brother got to be complaining in this age....

Originally posted by Devilangle:

Modesty....Don’t get mad at me because u choose 2 let men or ppl walk all over u… if u r oppressed by choice don’t blame our MEN for it!!!! ..

So …when u talk about somlian women are oppressed, u sure are talking about me.. and im happy 2 say, im not…. .

furthermore, when u say that men r the reason for that oppression…. u certainly talking about my Dad (god bless his soul), my brothers, and my uncles and none of them treat their woman any less than they deserve ..key word :
deserve
!!!!! …

so… is it really worth 2 have a discussion over personal crisis that is disguised as General crisis
???

Devil..Take it easy.Mod was just "pouring" some kind of stress that she has at the moment.Mod, sis maxaa kugu dhacay..?

Laakin

Originally posted by Didi Kong:

Rendezvous if I were then surely you would have been a part of it.
icon_razz.gif

I am not your relative, so how do I fit in your composition.. :D:D

I repeat....

Xoogsade   

It is the other way around and somali women have been abusive lately.

DidiKong

Adiga inaa nin tahay yaan moodi jiray. I see I was wrong.

Zafir   

Xoog, I agree, look below;

Modesty abaayo majority Somali men are dayuus/khaniis/saqajaan/weak personality nymphos,lazy/bum/welfarerecepient/dropout/darbijiif, qabilist/qat-chewer/close-minded, liar/cheat/two-timer/criminal etc. Oppressive isn't one of them! How can one oppress a loud-mouthed in your face,monologue-reading type Xaliimo who call the cops on you!

Any Somali man who endures all this beat down with these vulger words is slightly in more soreness than what Rodney king had ever suffered with the police brutality. "Abusive" is understatement if ya asked me.

Jacpher   

Ragoow aflagaado intaa le'eg ayaa kab iyo kal kuu sii dheer. Hablihii xishoodka lagu yaqiinay xagee ka dhaceen?

Originally posted by Xoogsade:

DidiKong

Adiga inaa nin tahay yaan moodi jiray

Didi sounds like a guy's name? :confused: I'm waiting for an apology.

Modesty abaayo majority Somali men are dayuus/khaniis/saqajaan/weak personality nymphos,lazy/bum/welfarerecepient/dropout/darbijiif, qabilist/qat-chewer/close-minded, liar/cheat/two-timer/criminal etc.

This is oppression in its finest form.The faaraxs of sol might aswell claim to have been oppressed by the lines. :eek:

Originally posted by Jimcaale:

Ragoow aflagaado intaa le'eg ayaa kab iyo kal kuu sii dheer. Hablihii xishoodka lagu yaqiinay xagee ka dhaceen?

Jimcaale,maandhow inan baratay fatuurad kaxees maaba xishood taqaan,xishoodka oo dhan eeba dardaran camal sxb..Acuudka aala dhahaa ee ka acudubileso. :D:D:D