Sign in to follow this  
rudy-Diiriye

somali weddings folies

its the season but honestly, i have attended 3 weddings in my life so far which were a must go ones..but since then, i am scared to go to any.

my first was in dc, the place remainded of xamar. i havent some many xalimos running lose like wild horses.

i was staying same hotel where the wedding was taking place.

some how no one told me that in dc, multiple somali weddings can be happening in the same freaking hotel...!

i ended up in the wrong wedding for have the nite...my present went to the wrong wedding.

my second wedding in San Fran. it was a traditional somali wedding. so i had to borrow a macwiis (somali men skirt) and left my pants & wallet in the trunk of this loser. wedding was good, but i didnt get my stuff till 2 days later. My plan was to head back next day.

3rd san jose, this time i was a maxiis. some how the bride didnt like the gal that i was tryna to hit...! i was pissed to say the least. waan coworyaay dugda. waa la furiy ban maqlaya. she was caught cheating with her boss! lol.

couple of months ago, a xaliimo marying a brotha call me. i told her that i was coming but didnt go! go and wat...sit between kiisha n la kiisha.

nooo! u got any to share..lil when xalimoos punch each other in the nose! i gotta see that..

any got any videos on that!! lool.

N.O.R.F   

lol

Went to wedding and an uncle of mine who was always into his music and thought of himself as Xasan Adan Samater jumped on the mic.

'Abuurtii wacneydee Illahay sameyeee, Somalidaa ahaydee' dirin dirin,,,,,, :D

Was the song and everyone couldnt believe how good he sounded. But I knew why :D

He was playing the CD with Xasan Adans voice (only turned down) while he was singing at the same time. No one realised :D

Ola   

Speaking of weddings! what is it with the Somalis and weddings are we turning like India where the wedding is talked about from the womb to the tomb, the other day I had an e-mail from this site www.raaliya.com this is supposed to be a match making website, a brilliant idea but how will they accomodate the one factor that rules the Somali wedding plans TRIBE I think they need to think about the tribes inorder to find some people the perfect match based on the their tribes, clans and even sub clans

Zafir   

[]www.raaliya.com] after following the link, I came across one of their success story which I will quote.

My Story

Jun 26, 2005

by
faisal

What initially started out as something to relieve a little boredom and to have some fun turned into one of the most beautiful experiences, one that I will carry with me forever...

I have met a lot of people in my life, and honestly thought that I would never meet the person who 'completes' me...one almost accepts that this is your life and how it'll always be...

That was until I met the most amazing
man
on your site, it's still fairly new but I knew from the moment I saw his eyes, (the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen) that he would take me to a place I've longed to be and bring back my smile forgotten...

I now firmly believe that it's only after you stop looking for something, that it'll eventually find you?!?

There aren't words to describe him really... he is someone/something you have to experience to understand... the most intense eyes, beautiful smile, personality like no other, the deepest of souls, a heart you can't help but love yet so mysterious that you keep coming back for more... he is my enigma!?!

Where this road leads, one can't be sure but I know in my heart that it's been worthwhile as my life has been enriched just by knowing him...

In the old end... I'll always be able to look back and smile...

Thank you!!

i broke a 10 yr curse and went to somali wedding last nite! actually, its the first both somali couple wedding in la since then. I dont like mixing wedding... u know the type...xalimo marrying some ghetto nigga...i feel once a somali, always a somali.

how things changed! they were no guys in my age group...u know wat i mean ..mature faraaxs. just kids and teenagers! those bagage-diaper-pants wearning hoodi wanna bees!

yo, the xalimoos were like so many i lost my voice this morning when i woke up. Strange thing xalimoos were giving their phone #s like U.N food aid! indha biir!!

wat happpened, i remember the days when i use to get down on my knees to get a phone #!!

another thing, if u is granny and its not your daughter or son thats getting married, plz stay at homie. i am not in mood to see a 60s something granny shaking her fanny! thats gross.

also, does 2 yr old kids need to be there! nope.

Aaliyyah   

how things changed! they were no guys in my age group...u know wat i mean ..mature faraaxs. just kids and teenagers! those bagage-diaper-pants wearning hoodi wanna bees!

kuwa ka daran miyay ahayeen lol, LA naf ma leh somaha.... :D