Sign in to follow this  
oba hiloowlow

El CLASICO SOON!!!

who do u think is goin to win el clasico this year?

i personally think that Los marengues will win 2-1 in camp nou, 1 goal By Ronaldo the other goal its getting scored by Karim Benzema/Özil or Higuain.

Oz   

My heart says Barcelona, my head says draw.

It'll be interesting to see how Madrid, who haven't really been tested defensively, will try and get their front four (who aren't exactly hard working) to put their defensive shifts in, because against Barca you need every one of your outfield players giving 100% off the ball.

I'll be most interested to see how Oezil plays. In theory, he could be Madrid's biggest threat. All he does is float around and find space - and Barca leave more of it than anyone - especially in behind them, and Oezil is better at exploiting balls behind in that space than anyone in world football. On the other hand, if it turns into a physical battle, he'll be totally and completely anonymous.

Ps: Guardiola has an interesting tactic of his own to nullify the attacking threat of Ronaldo. :D

He intends to place a large mirror at the side of the pitch on the half-way line facing inwards. He figures this will keep Cristiano quiet for the entire 90 minutes. :D

I'm surprised nobody has thought of this before. :D

N.O.R.F   

I don't remember a game with so many world class players on show. Back in the 90s games between Milan and Juve were fantastic (look on youtube).

Messi vs Ronaldo

Ozil vs Iniesta

Alonso vs Xavi

Macherano vs Kadira

Alves vs Ramos

Madrid have more fire power but will they a) get the ball and b) finish their chances?

Oz   

Originally posted by N.O.R.F:

I don't remember a game with so many world class players on show. Back in the 90s games between Milan and Juve were fantastic (look on youtube).

Messi vs Ronaldo

Ozil vs Iniesta

Alonso vs Xavi

Macherano vs Kadira

Alves vs Ramos

Madrid have more fire power but will they a) get the ball and b) finish their chances?

Good points Norf, Arguably the greatest rivalry (note i didnt say derby)and biggest match in world football is taking place this monday and i for one can't wait.

its spain vs catalonia, its mourinho vs guardiola, its ronaldo vs messi!

Ps: As long as Mourinho doesn't employ his usual brand of nullifying tactics and probably come up trumps.

Pss: I also think It's going to be a scrappy game with 1-1 goals each and one of the goals scored by a defender. :D

NGONGE   

When Barca are on their game there really is no team in the world that can cope with them. But Barca hardly ever need to be on their game (only two or four of their players usually turn it on against most teams and that is enough.

Against Madrid, they will REALLY have to be on their game. Jose is first and foremost a defensive man. But with Madrid (finally), he is a defensive man with the cream of world talent at his disposal. I believe that he will get the better of Barca in this game.

This season, I have seen Ronaldo tracking back and helping his defenders. I have seen Di Maria do it and even saw Ozil drop to his own half. Jose seems to have instilled tactical awareness into this Real team. However, when was the last time you saw Xavi or Ineista drop into their own half (for Barca or Spain)? Honestly, I do not recall to have ever seen them do such a thing.

Madrid are going to play counter attacking football and what better counter attack can there be than Ozil, Benzema, Ronaldo, Di Maria, Marcelo or Haiguain?

To top it all, the battle in the middle will be quite impressive. Alonso rarely misplaces his passes and, yet, he is faced with the world's best passer of a ball. It is going to be like a Lucas wet dream on Monday, sideways passes galore. And that is where Messi and Pedro will find that they're being double teamed by Di Maria/Ramos and Ronaldo/Marcelo walls.

If Barca win it, I expect David Villa to play a big role in their goals. If Madrid does (it'll be either Ozil or Benzema).

Great prospect either way.

P.S.

Only Rafa knows to get under Jose's skin. :D

NGONGE   

^^ You said Jose got lucky! :D

Lucky is when you scrape to a 1-0 win, saaxib. Not when you beat Barca 3-1 in their own ground. In the return leg, his team lost 1-0 when playing with 10 men. Do you call that lucky too? War give credit where credit is due. Jose outthought Barca in that game and I believe he will do it again. Guardiola is a good coach but he is not in the Jose class.

Oz   

^^^^ Your predictions are with Jose to win this at NOU CAMP?? As you said Mourinho lost at nou camp with Inter. (whatever the reasons) :D

Ngonge Messi has scored an astonishing 23 goals already this season and ronaldo has scored a rather moderate 18- and its only november. the pair could well break the 50 goal barrier this year. This game surely will be a classic because the attacking flair and style of both teams makes it almost impossible to think it will be anything other than entertaining.

I will give the edge to barca because they are at home and because they have a certain magic about them which moneybags madrid do not! :D

Ps: Am sure you all know Jose mourinho is suspended.

Pss: hopefully everyone should report to this occasion of THE DAY!!

NGONGE   

^^ Like I said, every last player for Barca has to be on his game not just Messi alone. As for playing at home, go check out Barca's only home loss in the league this season. Mourinho is not suspended, saaxib. It was a two match ban and he's already served it.

N.O.R.F   

Real haven't played against Masch and Busquets. They haven't dealt with Alves' runs or Villa cutting inside with Messi, Xavi and Iniesta all looking for a pass.

Barca hands down.

Oz   

^^^^^Monday Nov 29 20:00 GMT Barcelona v Real Madrid Camp Nou, get your shisha ready. :D

Arsene Wenger launched a new attack on Mourinho saying :

"It's a pity to see that from a big club. It looks, frankly, horrible. You don't want to accept that."

:D

josemourinhoandarsenewenger20101127_275x

Mourinho and Wenger rarely saw eye to eye when the 'Special One' was Chelsea manager. :D

And Mourinho responded by saying;

"He should especially explain to Arsenal supporters how he can't win one single little trophy since 2005," Mourinho was quoted as saying in The Sun. "Instead of speaking about Real Madrid, Mr Wenger should speak about Arsenal and explain how he lost 2-0 against a team in the Champions League for the first time."

The 'Special One' then stepped up his attack on Wenger, urging him to stop making excuses about his side's inexperience.

"The history about the young kids is getting old now," Mourinho added "Sagna, Clichy, Walcott, Fabregas, Song, Nasri, Van Persie, Arshavin are NOT kids. They are all top players."

Mourinho and Wenger had a number of clashes during the Portuguese's three-year tenure at Chelsea, the most notable of which was the "voyeur" jibe, when he accused the Frenchman of being obsessed with the Blues.

"I think he is one of these people who is a voyeur," Mourinho said in October 2005. "He likes to watch other people.There are some guys who, when they are at home, have a big telescope to see what happens in other families. He speaks, speaks, speaks about Chelsea."

:D:D:D

What a come back that is: if I was AW I'd never say anything about the special one. LOOL