Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

New Brazil Coach Mano names Squad for USA match

Abtigiis   

Mano is a man who meets expectations. He has done everything that was feasibly possible at Corinthians. What he did in three years would be the equivalent of Newcastle winning the FA Cup this year, and then competing for the Premiership next year. When you think about it in those terms, what Mano did at Corinthians was incredible.

Mano has gone on record to state that he would like to play a 4-2-3-1. .

Goalkeepers: Victor (Gremio), Renan (Avai), Jefferson (Botafogo)

Defenders: Daniel Alves (Barcelona), Rafael (Manchester United), Andre Santos (Fenerbahce), Marcelo (Real Madrid), David Luiz (Benfica), Henrique (Racing), Rever (Atletico-MG), Thiago Silva (Milan)

Midfielders: Sandro (Internacional), Ramires (Benfica), Lucas (Liverpool), Jucilei (Corinthians), Ganso (Santos), Ederson (Lyon), Hernanes (Sao Paulo), Carlos Eduardo (Hoffenheim)

Forwards: Robinho (Santos), Diego Tardelli (Atletico-MG), Alexandre Pato (Milan), Andre (Santos), Neymar (Santos)

What he said:

"DUNGA'S TEAM WAS TACTICALLY DISCIPLINED AND THAT WAS POSITIVE". That's what I want for Brazil, to be well-organized tactically. Because with the talented players that we have, we will always have the capacity to win".

I am relieved. I was afraid they will throw out the winning strategy of Dunga because of that 45 minutes madness with the Dutch. Dunga was poor in player selection (this doesn't mean Ronaldinho by the way), but the tactics were right.

This is an experimental squad but it is safe to assume they will also be the olympic team and most might be there for WC 2014 if they are good enough. Expect some veterans to be called back in the coming games (Maicon, Julio Ceasre etc) soon. Now we see if Tuujiye will say the new coach is also baised against Ronaldinho.

Abtigiis   

He, Maicon and some are rested. In fact, they are saying he asked to be skipped this time. I am sure he will remain Brazil goalie as long as his form is like it was last year. Mistakes do not define goalkeepers. Everybody makes.

It is a measure of Brazil public confidence in him that when the losing team arrived back home, he was the one man who the crowd his name in praise. That is why he wept and later said, "I am grateful to the fans for the trust and love they showed me, but it makes my guilt even bigger".

BOB   

Originally posted by Abtigiis & Tusbax:

Ngonge's footie knowledge vindicated once more. The worth of Lucas is recognised. He is in!

Haye ma billoowday? isu camira waa sax Lucas baa belaayo ah...taa isugu sheekeeya. :D

Neymar is over hyped just like they did with Robinho but Ganso seems to be the real deal...his vision and first touch is amazing.

Peace, Love & Unity.

Ngonge's footie knowledge vindicated once more. The worth of Lucas is recognised. He is in!

I missed it. What did NGONGE say?

NGONGE has been very lucky lately with his wild predictions.

Tuujiye   

looool @ Lucas.. ninkaas in reerka uu ka dhashay lasoo baaro waaye..oday tuug ah baa dhalay oo laga cabsado lool...

Neymar and Ganso are the new Brazilian superstars and iinsha allah Neymar will be in Chelsea before the season ends lool.... ciyaalkaas caadi ma aha runtii....

Wareer Badanaa!!!

Abtigiis   

Andre in Santos who partners with Neymar is also good. I think Brazil's flair will be back, but they should not forget the pragmatism Dunga brought in. They should be solid at the back, but should have better ball passers than Gilberto Silva and Melo as holding midfielders. Also, the role of Kaka was missing and once a fit player is put in that place or an improved Kaka, the team is ready to roar.

N.O.R.F   

The only time I pay attention to the Brazilian squad is during a world cup. So, until the next one (in Brazil), keep hyping unknown unknowns who won't make it into any decent European team.

ps I watched England vs Brazil WC 2002 game recently. You know when you watch a game again you see things you didn't see when watching live. Ronaldhino was awesome in that game. Wow! England actually played well.

Abtigiis   

Yo! European league like the English Premier league soo ma aha? And what is the relation of that to national team performances?

I am not hyping any ordinary team. I am hyping a proven world-beater, a 5 time world champion, and by far the record holder for most things football. We are talking about Brazil, not England and Rooney. So, choose your words. Hype is synonymous with the English.

N.O.R.F   

^Stop living in the past saxib. Brazil haven't produced players since the 98 and 2002 teams. Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Ronaldhino, Carlos et al. The current crop are nowhere near as good as those guys and the Argies are producing better players.

European leagues means English, Spanish and Italian leagues. The separators of special from junk. Most hyped Brazilians fail and then go back home to party and play in their lesser league.

Brazilian hype over the years - Cicinho, Denilson, Adriano, Baptista, Robinho, Marcelo, Melo etc

What makes the guys you've mentioned better than the above?

BOB   

should have better ball passers than Gilberto Silva and Melo as holding midfielders.

That's what we've been trying to tell you all along but you ignored us and the rest of the brazilian public...you're just like Dunga....madax mukulaal maraqiisa ayaad cabteen. :D

Also, the role of Kaka was missing and once a fit player is put in that place or an improved Kaka, the team is ready to roar.

I told you long before the world cup has kicked off that Kaka can't carry a team...simply because he's not good enough but again ruuxaamo ayaad isku riday mar walboo Dunga la criticize gareeyo. :mad:

Brazil should go back to basics...Brazil are not European team, they should ditch the european style that Dunga brought in and I'm glad it did not work out well otherwise we would never have seen Neymar and Ganso in the Seleção.

^^^and lastly please STOP saying Brazil had a solid defense...what games were you watching? they conceded a goal in all the games they palyed apart from that dull game against Portugal.

PS. Sheekaan kuu hayaa ee PM'ka ayaa inoo ballan ah. ;)

Peace, Love & Unity.

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by BOB:

quote:Originally posted by Abtigiis & Tusbax:

should have better ball passers than Gilberto Silva and Melo as holding midfielders.

That's what we've been trying to tell you all along but you ignored us and the rest of the brazilian public...you're just like Dunga....madax mukulaal maraqiisa ayaad cabteen.
:D

Yes but now that the Brazil media are saying it as well A&T agrees :D

Polanyi   

I only watch brazil in the world cup. The only internationals I watch are England friendlies. The next two years will be all about turning the likes of wilshire, gibbs and connor wickham into world beaters. :D

Rain   

the question is can brazil produce quality defensive midfielders? don't know of any that are capable of replacing Gilberto or even Melo.