Sign in to follow this  
Faarax-Brawn

U.S.A!!

N.O.R.F   

^I think you're the only one who took the Confed Cup seriously saxib. I keep telling you its what happens on the day. Forget about the past and recent head to heads.

Abtigiis   

Yes it is what happens on the day, we all know that. But the US could not play at the highest level with big teams for two to three yearsand come out with a very decent record if they are not a good side.

Here what I am talking about is whether the US is a good team or not; not whether they will win or lose in the next game.

Ibtisam   

Algeria player Rafik Saifi slapped a female journalist across the face as the aftermath of the USA’s dramatic World Cup victory turned ugly at Loftus Versfeld Stadium on Wednesday night.

While walking through the interview zone, Saifi spotted writer Asma Halimi, who works for Algerian newspaper Competition, and struck her with his open hand in front of dozens of witnesses. Halimi responded by striking the player in the mouth.

Saifi then threw a sports drink bottle at a wall in the interview area, as Halimi was ushered away by security staff.

Saifi came on as substitute for the last five minutes of the USA’s 1-0 victory.

“I said nothing to him and he reached over and hit me,” Halimi said to Yahoo! Sports. “So I hit him back. I said nothing to him first.”

It is understood that Saifi and Halimi had previously had a difference of opinion over an article she wrote for her newspaper.

“She was standing there and the guy came here and he hit her,” said Francisco Aguilar Chang, a reporter from Guatemala who witnessed the incident. “Then she hit him back and her nail caught his lip.”

Saifi and Algerian football association officials refused to comment when quizzed by Yahoo! Sports.

The Algerian team has come under heavy criticism in its homeland after a disappointing World Cup in which it finished at the bottom of Group C and was knocked out of the tournament.

When asked if she would launch an official complaint with governing body FIFA and the Algerian FA. Halimi replied: “Of course.”

NGONGE   

A&T, define a good team, saaxib? The US were in the worst group in the tournment and their defence still struggled. In fact, they really have no defence to speak off and their keeper (a certain Tim Howard) is crap. They should have taken the Villa keeper instead.

Polanyi   

Last time I played football with an Algerian, he was threatening to break a fifteen years old nose. ( the lad was apparently taking the mic by wasting chances). :D

N.O.R.F   

Algerians wey kulul yihiin.

This reminds me of a Sudanese Female sports writer and her constant put downs and criticism of a certain Somali athletics coach (Jama Karain). She couldn’t get past the fact that a Somali is the head coach of the Sudanese. How did he respond? Two of their young lads won world championship medals (one gold and one silver in 2008/2009)

:cool:

Wey xishoota hada :D

Abtigiis   

Ngonge, How do I define a good team?

Simple: result. And the USA got it in all competitions it played in the last couple of years. Tim Howard is a good goalie and the players play well well as a team. I don't care about their individual forms.

NGONGE   

^^ The confedration cup was a FRINDLEY tournament, saaxib. At any rate, would you say New Zealand is a good team? They did well there and, arguably, did we in this world cup.

Abtigiis   

But USA is ranked 14 and New Zealnd is ranked 78 in Fifa's ranking. And I don't think a team that always qualifies ahead of Mexico is not a good side.

Nof,Do you think the Fufuians,i mean Ghanians will beat the Yanks?

And what r the chances of England beating their old rivals Germany? Ponder on that

Even the officials are HATING on the USA. This team is OK. They are not by any chance good,but they have resolve and determination. They never give up and i think that by itself is huge.

Abtigiis   

Ngonge, now I think I am agruing with Norf and his gut feelings. By all measureable parameters, the US is doing fine. I cannot account for someone's hunch.