Sign in to follow this  
Faarax-Brawn

U.S.A!!

NGONGE   

^^ No hunch, saaxib. I have watched their games, considered their opposition and looked at the players they have. They are not a good team. Wax fahan.

Oz   

Their success in the tournament will help a tad, but football winning over the hearts of the majority of Americans will continue to be a slow burning process that will take decades. Most Americans, patriotic and ignorant Americans try very hard to keep football out of their culture, but the sane ones over there who like a great sport are happy to enjoy it. Football V Americans is a battle, in a way, but they can't keep fighting it forever.

USA won't get past Ghana. It is certainly an easier draw then facing Germany, England, Argentina or Mexico, however, if they do get past Ghana, they won't beat Uruguay on current form. Can't see South Korea getting past Uruguay. But then again, who knows.

Both Ghana and US, have been poor this tournament, and would be very lucky semi-finalists. Ghana has been good defensively, and if they can create enough chances, or put away the openings they create, they will be too good for the US.

It is amazing to see what a team can do when they have 11 men for the game. England thoroughly deserved the win yesterday, against a very disappointing Serbia. They also deserved more against Ghana, and probably should have been in the knock out stages. How good was Tim Cahill?????

Ghana have been pathetic in this world cup in my opinion. They have progressed, not scoring a goal in open play. Truely insipid on the attacking front. Having said this, they will probably advance past the US.

Proud for the Aussie lads, they did well.

USA won't get past Ghana.

It is possible. The Ghanians are better as a whole than the US team. But they do not have strikers like the Americans do. And that is one thing that may work well for the Americans.

Oz   

FB: Good luck to their football side, but I can't see them going to much further. Plenty of better sides out there. :D

Slovakia just just scored the second goal. LOL bloody cheating crooks!!

^I think you are speaking out of your gut and not using your thoughts. Technically,The US has a better scoring record than the Ghanians. The Ghanians have a better Defense,probably as good as the English,the Algerians and Slovenians. So,I am inclined to beleive that scoring against Ghana wont be a tough fete. The US Defense is also not reckless and getting a penalty out of them is quite hard....

Still,it will be a tough one.

Oz   

I doubt it. There is probably many people in the United States that don't even know the World Cup is taking place. :D Honestly, I just don't see them causing problems in this world cup. It is just my opinion though, and will no doubt be found to be hopelessly wrong. :D

^Usheeg!!

Originally posted by Oz:

I doubt it. There is probably many people in the United States that don't even know the World Cup is taking place.
:D
Honestly, I just don't see them causing problems in this world cup. It is just my opinion though, and will no doubt be found to be hopelessly wrong.
:D

What does the nation have to do with the players? Almost ALL of England loves and knows about the world cup yet their team is horrible. Same applies for SOUTH AFRICA<and their team is out. You are obviously not being rational.

Anyway,The Ghanians are a good team and i am fine with either Ghana or USA winning. But,I will be rooting for the "Comeback Kings" icon_razz.gif

NGONGE   

Well done the US. They punched above their weight and were finally found wanting. Any half decent defence would have not conceded the two goals they let in. But still, the last sixteen in the world cup is not a bad thing. They outlasted better and bigger teams.

Ghana will struggle to beat Uruguay if Kevin Prince B is not playing and Gayan is not on his game. The only good news for them is that young Ayew is not playing and Muntari will possibly take his place.

Good stuff overall.