Sign in to follow this  
Tallaabo

What is the price tag of your moral principles?

Tallaabo   

A British historian refused to accept one of Israel's most prestigious prizes and a $1million reward which comes with it because of Israel's inhumane treatment of the Palestinians!!

http://www.timesofisrael.com/uk-historian-declines-israeli-prize-citing-conflict-with-palestinians/

I think you will all agree with me that the Somali politicians would sell their whole country plus their mothers and sisters for much less.

YoniZ   

said:

Tallaabo, Somalis are not unique in this, besides, it's our society that produced these "leaders". That says more about us than they.

I second that.

Everyone is trying hard to sell what is left from the 1/4 century devastation.

Polititions sell to the highest bidder

Wadaado sell to who they think is from their Jamaca

Garcas sell to who they think will keep them odayga reerka

dhalinyaro sell to the buufis squad

qurbo joog sell to who ever give them sandareerto caydh

haweenka subscribe to the five above.

Morality is rare and endangered specie among the Nomads.

Xikmadda tiraahda, 'dad iyo hogaamiyeyaashood waa Isu qalmaan'.

I don't know if Somalis realize their hypocrisy. They would condemn the wrong doing but at the same support it.

Where does morality come from? Where are the sources of morality?

Religion, Culture, tradition, customs,rationality, characters, Rights, feelings Good vs Bad,? when all the sources are under great threat? or has been destroyed/corrupted as part of civil war, it will be no surprise as people do/act on what were once considered immoral.

Haatu   

said:

Xikmadda tiraahda, 'dad iyo hogaamiyeyaashood waa Isu qalmaan'.

I don't know if Somalis realize their hypocrisy. They would condemn the wrong doing but at the same support it.

Nin baa jiraa beri jago loo dhiibey wixii oo dadka ay musuqmaasuq xarga-goostay ay ka cabanayaan. Ninkii nin lillaahi ah oo xoolaha dadweynaha aan taabanin ayuu ahaa. Xilkiisa markuu dhammaystay, isla dadkii musuqmaasuqa ka cabanayay ayaa ninkii dacaayad ku billaabay. "Waa nacas". "Muusan ka dhargin". "Cidna shilin muusan siin".