Sign in to follow this  
Tallaabo

Sadiq Khan is the new mayor of London

Mooge   

thats good news niyoow. london needed a change from that fat Turkish boy known as Boris Johnson.

Samafal   

^correction He is quarter Paki as he himself proclaimed.

Sadiq is unknown product nevertheless is good for Muslim community who have seen growing islamophobia.

Tallaabo   

said:

thats good news niyoow. london needed a change from that fat Turkish boy known as Boris Johnson.

Boris is not Turkish. I think his grandfather or great grandfather was Turkish but he considers himself English-American.

^great grand-father was Turkish, Kemal Mustafa or something like that which was anglicized as Wilfred Johnson. He doesn't deny it, and he himself was supporting Istanbul's recent unsuccessful bid for 2020 Olympics due to his ancestral connection to Turkey. He was born in America while his father was studying there, that is the only American connection.

Khan, on the other hand, is shrewd politician, and ambitious one at that. However, I have heard people in his constituency say good things about him. We shall see what he's like now that he's the mayor. I think this guy will have a go at running for labour's leadership at some point, and consequently the Premiership, whether he be successful, we shall see.