Sign in to follow this  
xabad

Islamic State group: The full story ~~~ The longest Article on BBC

xabad   

A moderate Islamic narrative today is a Muslim Brotherhood narrative
, which has been destroyed by the Gulf states supporting the military coup in Egypt," says Prof Moussalli, referring to the Egyptian military's ousting of the elected President Mohammed Morsi, a senior Muslim Brotherhood figure, in July 2013.

"We lost that opportunity with Egypt. Egypt could have paved the way for real change in the area. But Saudi Arabia stood against it, in a very malicious way, and destroyed the possibility of changing the Arab regimes into more democratic regimes that accept the transfer of power peacefully. They don't want it

Miyir   

A moderate Islamic narrative today is a Muslim Brotherhood narrative, which has been destroyed by the Gulf states supporting the military coup in Egypt,” says Prof Moussalli, referring to the Egyptian military’s ousting of the elected President Mohammed Morsi, a senior Muslim Brotherhood figure, in July 2013.

“We lost that opportunity with Egypt. Egypt could have paved the way for real change in the area. But Saudi Arabia stood against it, in a very malicious way, and destroyed the possibility of changing the Arab regimes into more democratic regimes that accept the transfer of power peacefully. They don’t want it

Brotherhood same as Salafi/Wahabi ideology both fighting for supremacy, removing the brotherhood sect and that lunatic Morsi was the Best thing that happened to Egypt/middle east, Saudi Salafi's support accidental.

xabad   

^ I highlighted that because of the delusions of the professor. His view was shared by the Obama administration at one time.

MB is the same as IS, its has a more gradual long term view and uses less violent means but desires to achieve same end goal which is sharia and Islamic theocratic state. Morsi was not in power for one year and they were discussing Jizya on Copts who are 10 percent of Egypt.

xabad   

Mohammed Morsi has been Egypt's president for less than a month, and already senior clerics in his country and around the Islamic world are loudly calling for the demolition of the pyramids, Egypt's most important tourist attraction and among the Seven Wonders of the World.

Saudi Sheik Ali bin Said al-Rabi'i called them heinous "symbols of paganism." In recent days, similar calls have been echoing through Egypt and the region, including one from a Bahraini sheik who urged Morsi to "destroy the pyramids and accomplish what the Amr bin al-As could not." He was referring to the Prophet Muhammad's companion who conquered Egypt in the seventh century but didn't have the technological wherewithal to accomplish the task.

Who want to share a planet with this animals, let alone a religion.

Miyir   

said:

Who want to share a planet with this animals, let alone a religion.

What you get when the fringe dwellers extremist run the show as its happening all around the Islamic world now.

Tallaabo   

"And We certainly sent into every nation a messenger, [saying], "Worship Allah and avoid Taghut." And among them were those whom Allah guided, and among them were those upon whom error was [deservedly] decreed. So proceed through the earth and observe how was the end of the deniers."

(Quran 16:36)

As indicated in this verse, Almighty Allah advices the Muslims to visit the monuments and remains of ancient civilisations and learn about their history and how Allah dealth with those who rejected the truth. I don't see the logic of blowing up such previous reminders of our past.

xabad   

said:

I always thought these were sexually frustrated sickos.

Al-Shabab practices a benign version or maybe not so benign version, forced "marriages".

The sad thing is they have solid religious justification and grounds for their actions from the Qura'an and Xadiith.

Holac   

said:

The sad thing is they have solid religious justification and grounds for their actions from the
Qura'an
and
Xadiith

Xabad is drifting again ... towards bashing Islam.

Give it up saxib. You will never ever change someone's opinion about Islam on this website. It is more rewarding for you to share things you have in common with other Somalis - politics, poverty, development, education, injustice, life in the West, etc.

Religion is a complicated topic, and you are only making yourself look silly by repeating the same lines over and over again. It diminishes your talent saxib.

xabad   

^ Your very angry.

You may be a covert Islamist, waan kaa shakiyay. I definitely think your DJ.

Why else would you waffle like that when Daesh is bashed.

Holac   

^lol

There is a difference between targeting Daesh/UGUS and trashing the core values many of your forum friends hold dear. UGUS and Daesh are not Islam. How these cult members interpret and use religion doesn't provide anyone the moral justification to belittle the Koran and Hadith at every opportunity. It is what FOXNEWS does on a daily basis.

I don't really want to get into a meaningless religious debate since you will never change my mind and vise versa, but I just hope that we can show respect towards one another as Somalis.

Like many others have said before, let us talk about values we have in common. Religious debate will never move the needle on either side. I have seen many others try with no results.