Sign in to follow this  
xabad

Somali herders encroaching on Kitui Farms

xabad   

camel-pic.jpg

Tension has gripped a village in Kitui County after hundreds of camels invaded farms in the area leading to massive destruction of crops.

Somali herders are reportedly making a return to Kitui especially in Ukasi, Mwingi East District near the volatile border of Tana River and Kitui counties.

http://www.nation.co.ke/counties/Camels-invade-farms-in-Kitui/-/1107872/3105240/-/vtg6pez/-/index.html

Xoolo daqato esp Geeljire are absolute scum who create nothing, parasites who roam aimlessly, encroaching on the people's lands leading to conflicts and insecurity. They create nothing of value only destroy the vitality of the land.

This is area is hundreds of kilometers from their homes but after destroying all plant life and creating deserts in their localities they are forced to move.

This is the perfect lifestyle for losers, which Somalis are.

galbeedi   

Well , they have been leaving like this since immemorial , this was how our ancestors lived one thousand years ago, hundred years ago and are still living the same way. Someone should have introduced them the modern technics of grazing and animal trade.

They chase these camels all day, they do not ride as a transport, they do not get their meat, and the milk they are getting is insignificant. They probably just proud of having camels (reerkaasi geel badan buu leeyahay). These camels are worth tens of thousands of dollars, they should have sold them and create a new lives for their families. In my live I have never seen a rich camel herder.

The main issue is who is going to teach them. There is no government or any other businessman who could show them a different way of doing things. Rooming the land is all they know. They are known to be tough, independent and free. No one can subdue them in their own homeland. They could be good soldiers . Just like the typical Vietnamese or Korean is a rice farmer, the Somalis are pastoral nomads and poor farmers. In order for them to abandon their life style, we must introduce, urban industrialization, modern farming and all sort of jobs to replace this camel chasing.

The problem is where is the so called educated Somalis who would have directed their culture and energy in different directions. Cattle ranchers are the richest people in the western hemisphere, but who is going to copy them. You do not need to reinvent the wheel, just copy the whole thing.

As you alluded I the Prozac thread, you do not need building hotels or export and import , we need real trades people who could change the way people live.

xabad   

This is Kenya, Galbeedi, not Somalia. These fockers are hard headed and have very low IQ's, they have been advised umpteen times to get rid of these pests and get proper livelihood but they refuse. Every year NGO's teach them farming skills but to no avail. Waa hal bacaad lagu lisay.

See its an attitude problem generally with Somalis, waa madax adaygnimo prestige factor of herd sizes. Maryooley even magaalo are far behind their peers in myriad other ways, they don't pickup trends.

In Mandera, the locals took to farming really well but clan clashes made the fields dangerous, so they are all in Nairobi now all running Dukaamo.

Your right the priorities of the few educated is wack, they should be out there sensitizing and helping their folk out of the stone age. its a damn shame

Xabad. What have Somalis exactly done to you? In every instance, you either insult us or side with those who we are in conflict with?

I assume you are a Somali and so considers yourself to be one, how are you any different from those you criticize beyond considering yourself that you are no longer in stone age?

What exactly is contribution to the betterment of our people?

It seems like many "educated" Somalis, your contribution to the Somali people is that you have mastered the art of Somali bashing and with out any hint of irony.

Either get up and do something for your people despite what you think of them or just leave them alone.

xabad   

said:

Xabad. What have Somalis exactly done to you? In every instance, you either insult us or side with those who we are in conflict with?

I assume you are a Somali and so considers yourself to be one, how are you any different from those you criticize beyond considering yourself that you are no longer in stone age?

What exactly is contribution to the betterment of our people?

It seems like many "educated" Somalis, your contribution to the Somali people is that you have mastered the art of Somali bashing and with out any hint of irony.

Either get up and do something for your people despite what you think of them or just leave them alone.

Xaaji Che, don't be thin skinned, every peoples criticize themselves amongst themselves, go to Kenyan sites, diirka kenyaatiga kale kafiiqiyaan, the same with Ugandans, Americans, Brits etc see its natural and nothing serious, so calm down.

In this case, i have right to be angry, I am fair person and tbh Somalis are the perfect villains everywhere you look and deserve their bad rep.

I have done a lot for our people, i just don't publicize it. Even this bashing is a service, self critique is good, we need to point out faults and remedy them.

xabad   

Ta kale, I bash everyone and everything, without fear or favor. its my style.

I hate Islam, Somalis, Gaalo, Arab, Africans no one escapes my wrath.

This is not self critique, it is outright insult.

"Xoolo daqato esp Geeljire are absolute scum who create nothing, parasites who roam aimlessly, encroaching on the people’s lands leading to conflicts and insecurity. They create nothing of value only destroy the vitality of the land."

Your words!

You can't condemn (or in this case insult) people for a lifestyle that they simply inherited. Somali expansionism in the Horn was in part driven by searching for resources, those herders are in search of the same resources,

A search for resources and the protection of their only valuable possession is a matter of survival. Is their way of living outdated, indeed, it is.

xabad   

said:

This is not self critique, it is outright insult.

"Xoolo daqato esp Geeljire are absolute scum who create nothing, parasites who roam aimlessly, encroaching on the people’s lands leading to conflicts and insecurity. They create nothing of value only destroy the vitality of the land."

Your words!

You can't condemn (or in this case insult) people for a lifestyle that they simply inherited. Somali expansionism in the Horn was in part driven by searching for resources, those herders are in search of the same resources,

A search for resources and the protection of their only valuable possession is a matter of survival. Is their way of living outdated, indeed, it is.

But why gardaro ? why are they invading other people's lands and destroying farms that have been planted ? sow xaqdaro ma'aha.

^Who hasn't invaded who? This hardly qualifies as invasion.

I don't see you condemning the Oromo "invasion" of Diridhaba or soon Jigjiga, and their unchecked migration to Somali lands?

Their entire human experience is based on invasion and mass displacement driven by search for resources.

Ever heard the great Bantu expansion?

xabad   

said:

^Who hasn't invaded who? This hardly qualifies as invasion.

I don't see you condemning the Oromo "invasion" of Diridhaba or soon Jigjiga, and their unchecked migration to Somali lands?

Their entire human experience is based on invasion and mass displacement driven by search for resources.

Ever heard the great Bantu expansion?

LOL you are not serious.

xabad   

said:

Dead serious!

How are these Somali herders different from Oromo economic migrants who settled in Hargeysa and Bosaso,

I don't forget anything, a while back i said these people should be returned to their land and you were defending them saying they are like us and running from persecution. what's up xaaji ?

xabad   

and to compare those masaakin docile xoolo alle to bloodthirsty good for nothing somali geeljire is a travesty. night and day really.

galbeedi   

Culture and conquest, the biggest form of invasion has been always the norm. The late Somaali literature Guru and teacher , Muuse Galaal, was asked by the national geography in 1982, about the Somali national boundary. His answer was : Geeluhu waa saynis yahan, Xuduudisana wuu yaqaanaa, Bari iyo Woqooyi markuu u dhaqaaqo badda ayaa soo celisa, Xagaa iyo Koonfur markuu ka gudbo ee uu Kukuuyada u Dhawaadana Dhobeyda ayaa soo celisa.

The Kenyan land you are referring is Somali lands. A quarter of the Sawahili land is ours. The first Prime Minister C/rashiid Sharmaarke , discussing the missing Somali territories said : "We are people kept to gather by culture, language and poetry, when we cross to Ethiopia , Kenya or Djibouti, we are not crossing or going to foreign lands, but we meet our Somali brothers divided by colonial boundaries."

I do not buy when Kenyans saying that they have Somali refugees. These refugees inhabit NFD, the original land of ours. Xabad , nations are culturally or traditionally superior from one another. As believers, we believe Allah created all humans as equal to one another, but in terms of collective nations, have different history and traditions that gives them unique prospective of how they face challenges.

Britain will always be better than Spain in terms laws and wealth. The Germans will have more technical know how than other central Europeans, and if war comes between France and Germany , we all know who will prevail. The same could be said about Somalis, Swahili's and Abyssinians. We the Somali nomads could conquer our neighbors easily in terms of trade and war. It is given. That is why I can not accept the idea of Sawahili Kenyans or Ugandans pacifying Somalia. It is like Greeks peace keepers patrolling London.

The future Somali leader should be someone who understands the Somali creed , historical backgrounds and it's history in the horn. Mohamed Cali Samatar, the former Somali defence minister, under the military governmrnt said that " Ciidamada Soomaalidu marka ay xuduuda Kenya galaan , Askarta Kenyaatigu qoryaha ayey Tuuri Jireen , ka dibna way carari jireen".

Xabadow waa la wada jabaye, , madaxa ciida ka cesho.

Haatu   

Xabad, raggan aad caayneyso are the descendents of kuwii dhulka in between Jubba and Tana noo soo dhiciyey. Bahasha siif bey u leeyihiine, let them do what they know best.

EDIT: Apparently Keydmedia is claiming otherwise though. Revisionism at its best :D :D