Sign in to follow this  
Saalax

Southern Somalis given short notice to leave Ceerigaabo, Sanaag

Holac   

In hindsight, the city was lucky being controlled by one group (Somaliland) because it would have turned into another Galkacyo; lawless and dangerous. Eirigaava is an example of how a winner should manage a city while respecting the rights of the defeated lot. The only opportunity missed might have been on the growth side of things (economic, population). I checked google maps today and Eirigaava is the size of a very small town.

Kudos to Saalax's relatives for keeping the peace all years past.

Saalax, have you visited Erigavo? What is the clan make up there today? (put on your unbiased hat for a min.). I used to hear the Xudun, Badhan and Baargaal clans were all represented well in the pre-civil war era. Are things any different today?

galbeedi   

Regardless no one should be asked to move. no one will follow this stupid, useless and unthinkable statement from the out of touch people who rule Hargeisa, especially one who resided in the diaspora as a refugee and trying to play with peoples life.

Today, the elders, community leaders, The Culimo and the professionals in Awdal already have spoken. No one from south Somalia who lives in Awdal will be removed. The elders spoke extensively how Somali people should not be treated like foreigner.

Aqil Cumar Bile said, " Adeer Maamulkan uma anu samaysan in dad Soomaaliyeed lagu dhibaateeyo, in aan ku nabad galno Ayaan u samaysanay. amarkan guracanina waa mid khuseeya beesha dhexe ee anag nama khuseeyo". "

Abaartii dabadheer markii ay dhacday oo weliba ay ku dhacday Togdheer oo ah degaanka kuwa talada manta haya, waa kii Soomaalidu u soo Gurmatay ee la dajiyey dadkaas Sablaale iyo dhulka webiyada" ayuu yidhi Aqoon yahan Cali Cumar.

This out of touch Habroos always speak without even thinking the consequences of their action. It was last year when they refused the Somali refugees from Yemen in order to extort some money from the UNHCR.

Here in SOL, our own logical man Saalax is justifying by talking about how their numbers are small and what ever they sell. Saalax , this is a serious issue, do not play with fire. This is not political foot ball, it is poor innocent Somalis moving from place to place to find a shade of life.

On the issue of Sanaag, I do not know much, other than that the Suldaan community lives in Hadaaftimo, Dhahar, Badhan and Laasqoray and 20% of Boosaaso city. I do not know which one of you is the largest. . Ceerigaao use to be the commercial hub everyone shared before the civil war. Xiis maydh,and Dararweyne is Saalax country.

When it comes to numbers in Somaliland , everyone is exaggerating his actual numbers. During the most logical fairest elections of the Parliament in 2005, the whole Togdheer were 111,000. When Siilaanyo wanted to steal the elections in 2010, 350,000 registered to vote . three times the actual number.

Saalax   

<cite>
said:</cite>

In hindsight, the city was lucky being controlled by one group (Somaliland) because it would have turned into another Galkacyo; lawless and dangerous. Eirigaava is an example of how a winner should manage a city while respecting the rights of the defeated lot. The only opportunity missed might have been on the growth side of things (economic, population). I checked google maps today and Eirigaava is the size of a very small town.

Kudos to Saalax's relatives for keeping the peace all years past.

Saalax, have you visited Erigavo? What is the clan make up there today? (
put on your unbiased hat for a min.
). I used to hear the Xudun, Badhan and Baargaal clans were all represented well in the pre-civil war era. Are things any different today?

Good point, Erigavo is better that way. I have visited there before, yes

things are different compared to before the war. The Badhan community mainly

moved out to their exclusive towns as Badhan, Yubbe and Dhahar they urbanized

those towns, the Baargaal community mainly went back to Puntland to be with their

kins and a large number of the Xudun community relocated to Sool mainly Las Anod

district. The big beard community is smart so they know they benefit the most from

a peaceful economically thriving Erigavo so they keep the peace as the main

stakeholders.

Saalax   

galbeedi Actually I am on the side of the poor people hence why I condemned

the current administration for trying to deport them in 7 days so they can

steal their properties to finance Musa Bixi campaign since they are running

low on funds. They are playing politics with poor families lives and that is

not morally correct. Just because my community is majority in Ceerigaabo

doesn't mean I will turn a blind eye on wrongdoing there, this is not to be

blamed on the good people of Ceerigaabo though it is the work of the

government.

After much pressure the Silanyo appointed governor has already backtracked.

He said they are not being told to leave, I guess the gov backed down.

Saalax   

The parliamentary elections is different to national elections. There is more stakes

in the national elections hence more people register and will vote. Just last week

over 107,000 registered in Togdheer and there is still two weeks to go it will

be properly like 250,000 or more since many voters are pouring into Togdheer

from Gashaamo and Danod districts of Ethiopia. According to the Ethiopian

Central Statistical Agency of 2007 Gashamo woreda primarily inhabited by

the West Burco community had over 95,000 while Aware now split into Daroor and

south Aware had over 96,000 people.The main opposition party can easily pour

hundreds of thousands into Togdheer region.