Sign in to follow this  
Saalax

The fertile crescent of Oodweyne (Beerato)

Saalax   

Illyria It is true times were different but nobody forced Silanyo to halt

elections. The IC was even against it, if funding was cut he has no one to

blame but himself. He had many opportunities to score against Sland's rivals

but failed, Silanyo might have some economics degree but truth is he knows

nothing about politics, Riyale was a much better politician by a mile and

majority of Somalilanders agree.

Illyria   

Those are fair points. as bad as he is, as a betting man, my penny would be on Silanyo any day of the week. there is a steadiness about him which is innate and only comes with experience, which Riyaale lacked.

Saalax. People used to curse Siyad Barre and wished him away without thinking about what will come after his departure.

It is not only about wishing away Siiraanyo, there needs to be someone better or at-least someone that will not be any worse.

Saalax   

<cite>
said:</cite>

Those fair points. as bad as he is, as a betting man, my penny would be on Silanyo any day of the week. there is a steadiness about him which is innate and only comes with experience, which Riyaale lacked.

Somaliland reputation has gone downhill ever since Silanyo came to reign, I think

that is a good indicator that he is not the right one.

Illyria   

Saalax,

Yes, he engaged in some darn, if amateur political decision-making via his kitchen cabinet, but Somaliland is in a much better place today than it was 3 years ago. the main repurational downfall you are noticing is the federal government in Xamar is making tiny progress and that is where the IC is focusing all its efforts on. a wrong strategy I think, but who am i to think so.

Saalax   

<cite>

Saalax. People used to curse Siyad Barre and wished him away without thinking about what will come after his departure.

It is not only about wishing away Siiraanyo, there needs to be someone better or at-least someone that will not be any worse.

True.What you are forgetting though is Somaliland is not based on the idea of

a family business like the kacaan, one doesn't get to choose if he stays or

not, otherwise this whole project will implode. Many voters who voted for

Silanyo today say they wish they could cut off their fingers out of regret,

so voters are learning from their mistakes and hopefully they won't repeat it

again.

Saalax   

<cite>

Saalax,

Yes, he engaged in some darn, if amateur political decision-making via his kitchen cabinet, but Somaliland is in a much better place today than it was 3 years ago. the main repurational downfall you are noticing is the federal government in Xamar is making tiny progress and that is where the IC is focusing all its efforts on. a wrong strategy I think, but who am i to think so.

We shouldn't give too much credit to Xamar, sure it played some part of the IC

distancing itself from Sland but the postponing of the elections made matters

worse. At the end of the day the fact is many of Hargeisa's local problems

such as lack of water supply, no paved roads, no city planning etc isn't due to

external players but internal (the corrupt Silanyo administration itself).

Illyria   

His problems are of multifold and there is no denying of that. However, postponing elections was a bad decision, but that was just an effect. there were two causes:

a) the secondary cause for the delay was lack of funds. 75% of the funds are paid for by the IC.

b) the primary cause funds had been stopped, as I hear, was because of the destabilisation and hostilities he engaged in Sool and Ayn. again, amateur political decision-making via the kitchen cabinet and his own doing.

A bigger problem was disbanding the founders of the Kulmiye party. to me, the day A/Rahman A/Qadir was forcefully and physically removed was the day he buried the party and dug his own grave. it was no longer politicking or democratic, but tyrannical and rudderless.

Mooge   

lol@sasabka. I don't know why Illyria and Che want Saalax to support the terrorist funding dictator in Hargeisa niyoow. this is the same man who spend fortune to make Galgala mountains hellhole for residents by funding alshabab terrorists through dahabshiil and carrying out daily bombings in bosaso. the governemnt of puntland presented evidence to the IC and puplicly accused siilanyo of having bloood in his hands. niyoow, let us not kid ourselves, the sooner siilanyo goes, the better off every somali is. we don't hate the people of Sanaag West and our H family lived side by side with them for centuries.

siilanyo must go niyoow.

Illyria   

It is not Sasab, but hoga-tusaalayn. it is one thing to oppose and register your dislike of Silanyo but another to be wholly preoccupied with him to the point of obsession. that was all.

And he will go very soon and good riddance.

Will Biixi or Cirro be any better? Time will tell.

I do hope Jamal with his inexperience be elected.

By the way Mooge, I do not mind Silanyo, but then again I do not believe everything people say like his financing Al-shabaab. you are giving him too much credit. where did he get the money from. his government's salaries are paid by the world bank and undp. the man is pennyless. do not let the overhyped budget, based on mere projections and midha geed saarab, dupe you.

Hehe, where did I support the old man? I am just saying we, Somalis, rush to undo things without offering a better alternative!

The old man will be gone as he would not stand for next election. I think what Saalax and others should worry about is to work on finding a leader that offers a real change, preferably someone who is not from the old guard.

xabad   

<cite>

lol@sasabka. I don't know why Illyria and Che want Saalax to support the terrorist funding dictator in Hargeisa niyoow. this is the same man who spend fortune to make Galgala mountains hellhole for residents by funding alshabab terrorists through dahabshiil and carrying out daily bombings in bosaso. the governemnt of puntland presented evidence to the IC and puplicly accused siilanyo of having bloood in his hands. niyoow, let us not kid ourselves, the sooner siilanyo goes, the better off every somali is. we don't hate the people of Sanaag West and our H family lived side by side with them for centuries.

siilanyo must go niyoow.

im sure they dont care for that old fart but wanna be seen as irenic n reasonable. i am sure the fella knows his neck of the woods better than yall